Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited October 2013

Hey guys, sorry I've been AWOL for a while, I've been busy with RL and been spending a lot of art time on the t-shirt designs.

But not entirely... :D

Here are some chess and Aikobot works...

hellodev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    aikothunderfalcondev.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    chess13-15dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 618K
    chess13-17dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 626K
    chess13-16dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 943K
    Post edited by TLBKlaus on
    edited October 2013

...and some tiled abstracts from the t-shirt projects. :D

symmetries47dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    symmetries46dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    symmetries45dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    symmetries44dev.jpg
    1600 x 1067 - 3M
    Post edited by TLBKlaus on
    edited December 1969

..and more lol, and a conceptual piece with some PS work
    but all the parts came from Bryce renders. The red one is tiled. :D

discorp2dev.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 3M
    redlinedev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    simplicity71dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    simplicity70dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,138
    edited October 2013

@TLBKlaus - nice chess setups, I like the second best. From the abstracts I like the last one best. Everything is nice, just my preferences. That Asimov citation - this was actually Hari Seldon who said that, right?

Post edited by Horo on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited October 2013

TLBKlaus: amazing renders...How do you sell your t-shirts in a catalog or through a website?? Hook me up with a link please....This is a simple guy done in our favorite program Bryce7PRO.......His name is Harold hes kinda shy his best friend just got ate by a T REX

harold.jpg
    626 x 762 - 315K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

TLBKlaus...love the second Chess render best...kinda reminds me of the Harry Potter chess scene :)

Ah, Bullit...the poor guy...sniff, sniff...sad now for the rest of the day ;)

jay

edited December 1969

Harold looks charming. A bit lost, though.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2013

Thank you, Jamie.

Great work as usual TLBKlaus!

Trish, aww... so is there more to this story or is that all you know?

Something new.

Bryce 7.1 Pro - AOLS remix combined render setup - by David Brinnen

Edit and one with Lora.

Starter_for_HDRI_obscure_reflection2_remix5.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 361K
    Part1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 197K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

oh wow. nice renders. That reminds me, I need to play with water, glass and reflections in Bryce on my 2 GHz Celeron CPU.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Been playing again. Made the render. Then decided to run a photofilter over it. Then I ran a different one, and got a rather cool monochrome image, then a friednd told me I should turn it into a painting, so I tried doing that as well.

Room for a View.

Room_for_a_View_pw4_framed._.jpg
    715 x 940 - 485K
    room_for_a_view_pw2.jpg
    675 x 900 - 400K
    room_for_a_view_pw1.jpg
    675 x 900 - 413K
    room_for_a_view.jpg
    675 x 900 - 403K
    edited December 1969

@Pam - All four incarnations look great. Of all, I prefer the monochrome. It gives the impression of an old - but good preserved - photograph. There's nothing wrong with post processing. Several 3D application have options just for that.

edited October 2013

chohole all 4 of these are wonderful I can't pick one that I like better they all have merit!! I did run into a slight glitch with Harold....when you use this monsters in my cupboard in Daz to change the shape and color and body style randomly (spelling) and then export him as a wavefront obj. he imports into Bryce all in plain grey.....I guess because he is random he would not have texture maps of colors...Does that sound right????

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Been playing again. Made the render. Then decided to run a photofilter over it. Then I ran a different one, and got a rather cool monochrome image, then a friednd told me I should turn it into a painting, so I tried doing that as well.

Room for a View.

Yes the monochrome one looks very good in this setting. Less is more sometimes?

I've continued experimenting myself.

Starter_for_HDRI_obscure_reflection2_remix7.jpg
    850 x 850 - 358K
    Starter_for_HDRI_obscure_reflection2_remix6.jpg
    850 x 850 - 303K
    H19_test_loop2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 306K
  • dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not rendering that often that I used to, but here's a quickie testing the recent David Brinnen's ideas on glass with overdriven metallicity and transparency channels. It allowed me to reach really deep violet with 'volume' channel and blue-ish reflection shift via diffuse.

lamp model: http://www.flyingarchitecture.com/lucis-trifid/
    Raw render (downscaled to fit the forum) and after postpro in GIMP.

12_b_fin.png
    1000 x 1500 - 862K
    12.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 467K
    edited December 1969

@David - looking nice. I tried to create light sources and it works but the fireflies can't be beaten at 256 rpp. The light sources are left and right outside the picture and are a copy of the sphere in the foreground.

@dwsel_ - great results, particularly after post processing in GIMP. And the shapes are cool, too.

Fireflies.jpg
    850 x 850 - 277K
    edited December 1969

Nice results from your experiments Dwsel, very professional as usual.

Horo, fireflies are a menace, even Octanes renderer can be challenged sometimes. The answer is often to try and increase the surface area of the light sources. Or use direct light instead for the initial output.

This scene, a test, using your GoldenSun_Enh_800.hdr both as an obscure light source but also as in the hyper ambient material sphere (first image) providing the enhanced specular effect on the reflective materials.

Starter_for_HDRI_obscure_reflection2_remix8.jpg
    866 x 650 - 261K
    Hyper_surface_image1.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 170K
    edited December 1969

@David - the first one looks a bit like a worm, doesn't very much appeal to me but it is interesting nevertheless. The second one looks great.

edited October 2013

Horo said:
    @David - the first one looks a bit like a worm, doesn't very much appeal to me but it is interesting nevertheless. The second one looks great.

The first is just a spherical map for the specular response - just to show what it looks like. Here's another test with the same HDRI.

Edit - and a couple more using or derived from the same HDRI.

Starter_for_HDRI_obscure_reflection2_remix10.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 271K
    Starter_for_HDRI_obscure_reflection2_remix9.jpg
    866 x 650 - 276K
    Canyon_GoldenSun_Enh_800_1.jpg
    1067 x 600 - 198K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Thank you.

@TLBKlaus: Great chess scenes, though I really like the atmosphere of the second one. And the abstracts, as always, look terrific.

@Trish: Harold looks a bit forlorn, though really cute.

@David: Nice results with the cubes and the figure.

@Pam: Those are darn nice looking arches. Of the colored ones I think number 1 is my favorite, but the monochrome one has a characteristic that makes it equally appealing.

edited December 1969

Thanks for all the comments. I was using this actual "castle" as an inspiration, but didn't want the more modern repairs. If you look from the other side (sea side) in RL you can also see that the top part of the main arch is repaired to strengthen it as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pennard_Castle.jpg

There really isn't a lot left of this castle. :coolsmirk:

pennard_castle_(2).jpg
    640 x 640 - 511K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thanks for all the comments. I was using this actual "castle" as an inspiration, but didn't want the more modern repairs. If you look from the other side (sea side) in RL you can also see that the top part of the main arch is repaired to strengthen it as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pennard_Castle.jpg

There really isn't a lot left of this castle. :coolsmirk:

I rather like the mix of new repairs and old. Ruins are interesting too look at as well as being, in some cases, historically interesting. Not much to see around where I live, I think the closest castle is Lincoln. It's a nice one though, with a wall to walk around and a dungeon and a tower - what more could you need?

Jamie, thank you, here's another in this set using obscure lighting instead of direct IBL.

Canyon_GoldenSun_Enh_800_2.jpg
    1067 x 600 - 290K
    edited October 2013

Plenty of old ruins round here, present company excepted. :coolsmirk:

Nearest to us is Morlais Castle, literally just a short walk away, although there is not a lot of that one to see nowadays.

Yes Lincoln Castle is a nice one, but I do like the ruined ones more for some reason.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Plenty of old ruins round here, present company excepted. :coolsmirk:

Nearest to us is Morlais Castle, literally just a short walk away, although there is not a lot of that one to see nowadays.

Yes Lincoln Castle is a nice one, but I do like the ruined ones more for some reason.

Ruins are more atmospheric?

Here's a few more test's I've run off with Horo's latest synthetic HDRI.

Canyon_recipe1_example3.jpg
    889 x 500 - 227K
    Canyon_recipe1_example2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 367K
    Canyon_recipe1_example1.jpg
    1700 x 567 - 516K
    edited December 1969

@David - I really like with what you are coming up. The shapes above are great and so are the canyons. My favourite so far is the second last with the mountain, the clouds are great.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - I really like with what you are coming up. The shapes above are great and so are the canyons. My favourite so far is the second last with the mountain, the clouds are great.

Thanks Horo, well I'll get these tidied up, do some video and get them set over to you for further contemplation. Here's a simple interior.

Simple_interior_space1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 84K
    edited December 1969

@David - simple but effective.

I experimented with a ambience-boosted sphere with a contrast enhanced panorama. I took H77 from the Wallpapers product and rendered it with the Spherical Mapper to a panorama. This was used as reflection map and also for bump on the floor. The dragon is from the Stanford Scanning Repository and is set to glass. Rendered with Obscure Light; the HDRI used was the Golden (specular convolved enhanced). It came out a bit busy, I think and it took over two hours.

DragiTest03.jpg
    900 x 600 - 191K
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Wow David, that interior looks fantastic. I'd really like to know what process you used. TA and interiors are challenging but it appears you've made it work plausibly here. How?

All the over-driven effect renders are making me jealous. I have so much to catch up on.

edited October 2013

chohole; You have some really interesting history about castles over there in Wales just been reading about some of it ...that was one of my favorite things to do when I lived in Germany for 6 years was see the castles...Thanks Trish

I think I should have turn left at that last tree by that big rock............

out_for_a_cruise.jpg
    1330 x 864 - 761K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Wow David, that interior looks fantastic. I'd really like to know what process you used. TA and interiors are challenging but it appears you've made it work plausibly here. How?

All the over-driven effect renders are making me jealous. I have so much to catch up on.

Thanks Rashad, here's a video by Horo that will explain this approach.

Bryce 7.1 Pro tutorial - Obscure Lighting for Indoors - by Horo

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: The canyon lit by obscure lighting is extremely believable, like I'd expect at that time of day. The mountain looks as those it'd be in monument valley, it has that quality. And the canyon with the side walls, whoa, nice, and again, very convincing. Horo's latest synthetic HDRI?

@Horo: Really interesting image of the dragon. It looks all made up but no where to go. And when did dragons start piercing their tongues? Real nice work.

@Trish: Is that cat old enough to drive. From the reflection in the front bumper it looks like its about to take a turn not planned for.

This discussion has been closed.