Genesis Catgirl UVs for Genesis 2

I'm trying to figure out how to port these skins: https://www.daz3d.com/catgirl-genesis and the related bunny and foxy/wolfy ones to Genesis 2 - I'm guessing there are UVs I need. The V5 ones and the few others I have don't work. I get a substantial gap between the neck and head, and between the body and limbs with any UV I have tried. I picked these up JUST so I could try using them on G2. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Looking at the product, it doesn't seem to use special UV sets. V5 has their own special UV set, but that shouldn't be an issue here. If it uses the V4 UV set then this product will give you the V4 UVs for Genesis 2 female

https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

• I already have the V4 and V5 UVs for Genesis 2, neither one worked. So it must use some other UV set. Considering it was supposed to work on any morph of Genesis it's curious that I'm having trouble making them work right, but perhapa there's a trick I don't get.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The set uses a lot of geo-grafts that wont work with a different figure.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I already have the V4 and V5 UVs for Genesis 2, neither one worked. So it must use some other UV set. Considering it was supposed to work on any morph of Genesis it's curious that I'm having trouble making them work right, but perhapa there's a trick I don't get.

Well if youi are stuck on using genesis 2, then use GenX and transfer any of the genesis 2 morphs you want to genesis and then you can use these textures

• FSMCDesigns: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2 ; that or something different? I have that installed.

jestmart: maybe using the LIE to repose them to V5 would work? I don't know anything about how geografting works. I don't know if it's a product I need to purchase or if there are settings I need to set.

If the set doesn't work on anything other than Genesis base they need to update them to make them cross-compatible, I used to use the Aiko3 series combined with other Aiko3 skins A LOT. I was really hoping these skins would work better.

Perhaps the V4 series they did for A4 are easier to use?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

I just tested, and I can't figure out what you're doing to cause problems. It uses the Genesis Female UV set, and when I load the materials directly onto a G2F, it looks right without any modification.

• Murgatroyd, did you look under the chin and at the joint of the left arm? Or are you installing the Genesis Catgirl skins to a model other than G2f? I've tried several times and if you look at the above responses they too suggest that these skins don't play well with other versions of Genesis. And if YOU are getting them to work right on G2f, then I wonder why it's working for you and not for me or any of the others who suggest it doesn't.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

I see what you mean. The problems are more subtle than I was expecting, but you're right.

• Hello. If you want to use those skins on Genesis2 then use map transfer function. Step by step: 1) load genesis model (not genesis2), 2) place the needed skin, 3) click "surface" tab, then press "burger" button (with 4 lines), in appeared menu choose "map transfer", then transfer skins to V4 format. 4) use converted skins on Genesis2.

• Mr_Freeman, how do I transfer them to V4 format (perhaps you explained that above and I'm just being dense)? Can I transfer them to a different format like Genesis or G2?

• Mr_FreemanMr_Freeman Posts: 8
    edited June 2018

Mr_Freeman, how do I transfer them to V4 format (perhaps you explained that above and I'm just being dense)? Can I transfer them to a different format like Genesis or G2?

Nope, you can't do it by this way (about transfering to g2).

V4 textures on genesis2 works with no problem.  Here is good Map Transfer tutorial.

Post edited by Mr_Freeman on
  • Mr_Freeman, yeah I have most of the morph packs for using other skins including V4. I'll give this a try, thanks. :)

BTW: here's a bust of a character I created using the V4 bunny for cat girl and a Reciecup skin from Rendo. I realized I was using the bunny skins instead of the catgirl skins and later fixed it and done a few renders of the "new" character but I haven't posted them yet. I was trying to find a fox skin I could use for some fox-girl characters I have in mind.

Catgirl Bust - old.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 542K
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,985
    edited June 2019

Catgirl Genesis  _the  UVs are called  Genesis Female and  Genesis Male _

Post edited by ed3D on