Adding clothes found online to My Library

wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 707
edited June 2018 in New Users

I found a large selection of clothes from one of the freebies sites listed on Daz3D site and downloaded the zip files.  I extracted all of them into the My Library folder.  I have a whole bunch of folders now in that folder but the clothes are not listed in the program.  The instuctions stated to unzip and copy the files into 'My Library'.  Does that mean I need to go into each folder and sub-folder to copy every file listed just into 'My Library'?

Also, what is the deal with the 'Lost and Found' folder in the game?

Post edited by wildbillnash on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited June 2018

Try this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/927004/#Comment_927004

As for the lost and found, I can't tell you as i do not use Smart Content. It's too clumsy for my taste.

EDIt: Sorry, I overlooked that you already installed everything in your main directory.

You can find your content by using the content Directory rather than Smart Content. But I really would be careful aboutr throwing all those freebies into your main library. They sometimes mess up morphing, or you decide after testing them that they are just not to your likeing... and then you have to track them down in that ever growing main library of yours. 

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,998

You need to copy the hierarchy, not the individual files, but make sure there isn't an extra top-folder in My Library: folders like "Runtime", "People" or "data" should be directly inside "My Library".

As for what appears in DS, where are you looking? They probably don't have metadata, so they wouldn't appear in "Smart Content" tab, only in the regular "Content Library" tab

• wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 707

Bee & Leana, I found the clothing in the Content Library tab.  Thanks.  I haven't played with that tab yet so there's more learning to do.  If I don't like any I probable can easily delete them before the collection gets too large.

• I found a large selection of clothes from one of the freebies sites listed on Daz3D site and downloaded the zip files.  I extracted all of them into the My Library folder.  I have a whole bunch of folders now in that folder but the clothes are not listed in the program.  The instuctions stated to unzip and copy the files into 'My Library'.  Does that mean I need to go into each folder and sub-folder to copy every file listed just into 'My Library'?

Also, what is the deal with the 'Lost and Found' folder in the game?

If you got a question when extracting :Do you want to merge folder XYZ with folder XYZ? for each folder you were extracting, then you extracted them to the correct place. In this case if they are not under Smart Content tab (they probably are not) there are 2 places where you should look for them - under Content Library tab OR under Poser Formats drop down menu under Content Library. Also if there was a folder "Templates" it can be on some random place. Best is to gather and classify your "Templates" manually; then can be isntalled just where you like.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

From experience, I can tell you that libraries tend to get very large, very fast. You need to keep track which things belong to what to deinstall. There's the data folder, the runtime folder with its different subfolders that contain files...

It really pays off in the long run to be tidy with your content right from the start. But that's omething you have to decide for yourself.