Spots around head and get off tiptoes

Okay, I have a two parter.

1.  My character is standing on her toes when I remove her shoes to put on another pair.  When I put on the 2nd pair they bend backwards.  How do I get her off her toes?

2.  She also is wearing the Xanadu hairdo and there are dots around her head (no,she hasn't been drinking...yet).  I see two sets of adding and removing 'handles' (the dots are handles for the hair, whatever that means) but they won't go away when I click remove handles.  Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 1. Select the foot bones and either manually pose them or go to Edit>Figure>Restore>Restore Element(s) to reset the feet to their load state (assuming you haven't memorised the new pose).

2. Are you using the hair on the figure it was made for, or did you have to go through the AutoFit dialogue to tell DS which figure it was originally made for?

• wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713

I think I used autofit.  I've since done several things and I really don't remember.  I used the Xanadu hair for Victoria 4 on Hella, a generation 8 female.  I'm not sure when they appeared.

Don't know what you mean 'memorized the new pose'.  I had save it and came back later.  I at first added boots but since bought a better pair and now it won't reset after I delete the old boots.  I'll try playing with the settings, but since the feet stuck out of the boots earlier I removed them, now I have to figure out how to add them without starting all over.

Okay, I remember better.  I did autofit it, but there's wasn't an option for V4.  I may have just had it set at 'none.'

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited June 2018

You can easily remove the handles by going into the surface tab, look for handles material, then "opacity" and set that value to zero.

As for the feet, you have a couple of options to return the pose to "zero".  The one I use in such cases is:

Select the foot in the scene tab, right click, "Select Children", go to the parameter tab, select the menu in to top right corner, from the menu select "Zero", and from the submenu, select "Zero Selected Item(s) Pose".

And recommended literature: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64403/converting-to-g1-g2-g3-g8#latest

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited June 2018

We have a winner,  Give BeeMKay and Richard a cigar.  Good info on the handles situation.  I now have a handle on it. sad

Thanks.

Post edited by wildbillnash on