plugin Daz to Maya?

Does anyone use the 3dtoAll plugin Daz to Maya? How well does it work?

Comments

• tiamattiamat Posts: 21

Hello,

i've purchase the product three month ago and here are my feelings :

Good :

- If you don't know maya and want to animate genesis : very good plugin. it make a lots of job for you such as clearing the daz skeleton and apply maya's one and controler to animate and so on

- you can also import cloth and environnement

Not so bad

- the arnold shader conversion : with simple lighting you can achieve a good rendering result, but not as good as iray.

- The plugin doesn't allow you to choose the daz morph you want import to keyframe them. but there is simple way to use this plugin and import almost all the morph you want as blendeshape

Bad

- i'm talking since a few day with the support because when i import my genesis caracter : the eyes are whites and the eyeslashes are opaques, without transparency and it's killing me !!!

• drzapdrzap Posts: 795
    edited June 2018
    tiamat said:

Hello,

i've purchase the product three month ago and here are my feelings :

Good :

- If you don't know maya and want to animate genesis : very good plugin. it make a lots of job for you such as clearing the daz skeleton and apply maya's one and controler to animate and so on

- you can also import cloth and environnement

Not so bad

- the arnold shader conversion : with simple lighting you can achieve a good rendering result, but not as good as iray.

- The plugin doesn't allow you to choose the daz morph you want import to keyframe them. but there is simple way to use this plugin and import almost all the morph you want as blendeshape

Bad

- i'm talking since a few day with the support because when i import my genesis caracter : the eyes are whites and the eyeslashes are opaques, without transparency and it's killing me !!!

As with any tool, Maya users will be rewarded for their time invested to get familiar with it and learn skills.   A skilled Maya user can make Daz figures look as good as (or better than) in Daz Studio.  But at the end of the day, this is just a script. It is not a make art button.  By the way, there is a better script just made available in the store called Genesis 8 to Maya.  It not only converts the figures, it also sets up a JCM network (with automatic set driven keys), Auto-conforming eyelashes and clothing, and even flexions character morphs so that Daz figures perform in Maya almost exactly as they do in DS  (almost!  still no HD morphs).   This new plugin is what DaztoMaya should have been.  Now there is no excuse for artists who want to animate with Daz figures.  And I chatted to the developer, he is working on a version for G3 and maybe G2 figures too.

Post edited by drzap on