Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.100, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570

...so how am I supposed to get NGS Angenesis 2 into the DIM to download and install it?  Clicking on the "Download and Install" button on the Product Library page under "Install Manager Ready" just kicks up a "File Not Found" error. even though I have the latest version of the DIM installed.  This is rather frustrating.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    kyoto kid said:

...so how am I supposed to get NGS Angenesis 2 into the DIM to download and install it?  Clicking on the "Download and Install" button on the Product Library page under "Install Manager Ready" just kicks up a "File Not Found" error. even though I have the latest version of the DIM installed.  This is rather frustrating.

Trying clicking on the Manual button on the Product Library page, save it in the DIM downloads folder and it should appear in DIM when you start it up afterwards.

edited July 2018

...still don't know why the other button doesn't work.  It should open the DIM to allow the process to take place.

Why even have it there if it doesn't work?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...still don't know why the other button doesn't work.  It should open the DIM to allow the process to take place.

Why even have it there if it doesn't work?

It works for me, though I don't usually use it. What browser are you using, and have you checked it is set to use DIM for content type daz3dim?

...firefox.  Not sure where to do that.  The newer versions seem to have decreased options for setup.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited July 2018

Tools>Options or enter about:preferences in the address bar, then scroll down to the Applications panel and look for daz3dim.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited July 2018

......OK got it to open the DIM but the product still does not show up in the Downloads or Ready to Install tab.

Meanwhile tonight's PC+ freebie appears in the Downloads tab just fine after I "purchased" it. 

I don't understand why the DIM refuses to pick Angenissis up?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149
    kyoto kid said:

......OK got it to open the DIM but the product still does not show up in the Downloads or Ready to Install tab.

Meanwhile tonight's PC+ freebie appears in the Downloads tab just fine after I "purchased" it. 

I don't understand why the DIM refuses to pick Angenissis up?

Are there any clues in your DIM log file?

...none that I could decipher. It should at least work from my Product Library when I click "Download and install with Install Manager".
  • dcmaiadcmaia Posts: 13
    edited August 2018

Any macOS users out there still getting this error trying to run the Install Manager after the update?

EDIT: @karimguidjou it seems you have the same issue as I do. Were you able to fix it?

Post edited by dcmaia on

...submitted a ticket on my issue with the DIM not seeing certain content that is flagged as "Install Manager Ready".

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700

I looked for dim in my product library by using filter dim::false and it did not pop up.  Why do I need dim to install dim?

• I looked for dim in my product library by using filter dim::false and it did not pop up.  Why do I need dim to install dim?

Use install manager as the filter. It is like any application, one needs to install the setup file.

• abacusjeabacusje Posts: 6
    edited August 2018

Tried several times but when I try to install anything the install manager crashes.

This is the Exeption Reason I get:

DAZ3DIM.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\QtCore4.dll" at 0023:66C124D5, QIODevice::isOpen()+5 byte(s)

And this is the Register:

EAX=00000000  EBX=15468550  ECX=00000000  EDX=00E60000
    ESI=0AB1C4C0  EDI=0ABD20E8  FLG=00010246
    EBP=0264D588  ESP=0264D4EC  EIP=66C124D5
    CS=0023  DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B  FS=0053  GS=002B

I tried to install with Defender disabled but with the same result. I have an up to date Win10 64 pc. Anybody any idea what could cause the crash?

Edit: I tried both the 32 and the 64 DIM. Both fail to install anything. There is always some Acces Violation.

Post edited by abacusje on
  • Am I the only one, or does DAZ Install Manager 1.1.0.100 not run with Mac OS Mojave 10.14?

It's crashing all the time. This is pretty devastating actually. :/ 

Does anybody have an idea or even a workaround? 

My specs:Model: MacBookPro13,3, BootROM MBP133.0247.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2,9 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.38f7
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530, Intel HD Graphics 530, Built-In
    Graphics: Radeon Pro 460, AMD Radeon Pro 460, PCIe

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    iamelm said:

Am I the only one, or does DAZ Install Manager 1.1.0.100 not run with Mac OS Mojave 10.14?

My specs:Model: MacBookPro13,3, BootROM MBP133.0247.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2,9 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.38f7

Do you have a crash log?

• abacusje said:

Tried several times but when I try to install anything the install manager crashes.

This is the Exeption Reason I get:

DAZ3DIM.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\QtCore4.dll" at 0023:66C124D5, QIODevice::isOpen()+5 byte(s)

And this is the Register:

EAX=00000000  EBX=15468550  ECX=00000000  EDX=00E60000
    ESI=0AB1C4C0  EDI=0ABD20E8  FLG=00010246
    EBP=0264D588  ESP=0264D4EC  EIP=66C124D5
    CS=0023  DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B  FS=0053  GS=002B

I tried to install with Defender disabled but with the same result. I have an up to date Win10 64 pc. Anybody any idea what could cause the crash?

Edit: I tried both the 32 and the 64 DIM. Both fail to install anything. There is always some Acces Violation.

Where are you trying to install to?

• TamasserTamasser Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    iamelm said:

Am I the only one, or does DAZ Install Manager 1.1.0.100 not run with Mac OS Mojave 10.14?

Same here - downgrading back to OS High Sierra - Install manager did not work, also DAZ Studio did not work as soon as I connected eGPU with Nvidia card in it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ACFanACFan Posts: 12
    edited September 2018

macOS Mojave issue -- I did a full cleanout of system and tried clean install (I have a second non-updated system, so I'm safe doing that) Looking into it now -- from what I can find it appears to have a permissions error somewhere that is triggering Gatekeeper. It might possibly be the fact that it is setting the owner to 'root' upon installation. If I get it working, I will post an update.

Edit: On clean install, owners are set to root:admin -- very possible that is triggering new security features

Edit 2: User permissions and allowing in settings for firewall is not helping - submitting crash data to Daz now

Post edited by ACFan on
  • ACFanACFan Posts: 12

Okay y'all, I did a little more deep poking, and from what I discovered the issue on Mojave with DIM appears to be with the QT libraries that are used to build the interface. Good news is that it's not something that normally requires a full rewrite, bad news is that Daz (and others who use the QT libraries in their programs) are possibly going to have to wait for a library update unless there is a workaround. I have given Daz all the info I came up with, so hopefully they'll have a line on a patch that they can apply to get around the issue.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    ACFan said:

Okay y'all, I did a little more deep poking, and from what I discovered the issue on Mojave with DIM appears to be with the QT libraries that are used to build the interface. Good news is that it's not something that normally requires a full rewrite, bad news is that Daz (and others who use the QT libraries in their programs) are possibly going to have to wait for a library update unless there is a workaround. I have given Daz all the info I came up with, so hopefully they'll have a line on a patch that they can apply to get around the issue.

Good digging - I've been staying away from newer OS X:es the past 5-6 years, waiting for .2 or .3 before putting my systems at risk of not working properly.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

I have mentally resigned myself to having to buy a Windows system for DS (and other software, perhaps) as Apple abandons cross-platform development support.  Whether it will be a desktop or laptop, or what my budget will be, I have not yet been able to decide.

• I'm hitting this same problem as well.  It would be great to have this fixed; I don't want to go back to manual download management.  My library is too big. :(

• I have a similar problem. I'm waiting for the developers to fix this bug.

• Has anybody actually formally reported the problem?

• Has anybody actually formally reported the problem?

It is a known issue and being investigated.

• Hi everyone...

I have just upgraded to Mojave.  Everything is pretty much working happily except the Daz Install Manager...

I get the error message (attached).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks, LA

Screenshot 2018-10-06 at 08.36.35.png
    1064 x 586 - 198K
  • Hi everyone...

I have just upgraded to Mojave.  Everything is pretty much working happily except the Daz Install Manager...

Thanks, LA

You may have to wait for the next release of IM.

• Hi everyone...

Thanks, LA

You may have to wait for the next release of IM.

OH Dear!  That's not so good...  I did just download and install "DAZ3DIM_1.1.0.100_Mac64".

I thought these issues would have been resolved by now...  Oops!

Thanks for the advice.

Does that mean no one else has been able to work it out either...

I really am stumped and have tried everything I can think of.

Guess I'll have to go to manual!

Unless anyone has found a way round it...

Thanks, LA 

• Mojave wasn't available as an official release when 1.1.0.100 appeared, so the next IM version should cater for Mojave.