What is the average height of a model?

I was wondering if there is a standard height for the human figures.  For instance, I think I read both females and males were 5'-11".  Is that true?

Also, I found the scale slider where I can increase or decrease the height.  But I need to know the starting height and what percent does one inch is.  For instance, 1 inch = 0.5% on the slider.

Any ideas out there?

Comments

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

If you want to adjust a figure to be a certain height, what you can do is create a primitive plane in the scene, set its Y offset to the height you’re looking for, then scale the character so that his/her head just touches the plane.

Given that different Daz characters start out at different heights, there isn’t going to be a standard “percent to inches” ratio that works across all characters.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2018

Some of the new character store pages actually tell you how tall the figure is,   Like  Victoria 8  compared to Sakura 8

If you want to kinow all the time what size your figures are there is always  Measure Metrics

Post edited by Chohole on
  • wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 711

Chohole, thanks for the lead.  That should work.

Rames44, excuse my ignorance but what is a primitive plane?  Kittyhawk?  (just kidding)  I'm still new with this and don't know much. Thanks for the info about the models not being standard.

Rames and Chohole.  Thanks for the information.  Measure Metrics should work.

Also, Rames, what is a primitive plane?  Kittyhawk?  (Just kidding)  I'm still a beginner with this and am learning mostly trial by error.

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

“Plane” as in “flat surface.” (I did get a good chuckle at “kitty hawk”) (remember “point, line, plane” from high school geometry?)

”primitive” as in “extremely basic shape”

Daz has a Create >> Primitive menu that will allow you to create a rectangular shape (the plane) in your scene, which then can be positioned like anything else in the scene. So if you create it in a horizontal orientation, and then move it upwards using the sliders, you can measure height by seeing how high off “zero” the top of the figure’s head is. (The Daz sliders for X/Y/Z measure in centimeters.)

Poor man’s metrics, at least for height...

Thanks, never took geometry.  I'll experiment with the menu to see what I come up with.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

I'm using these free ones from share cg:

Measuring Wall

MWall Prop

The first also got a metric texture.

Thanks, these are great options.  I've been using the primitive create option to make a box the right size and placed my characters inside it.  Then I scale them down until they just about disappear totalling on top (depending on hairdo.)  The measuring stick can be useful as well.

Thanks again for all of the help.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Don't forget to use a non-perspective view like Front View when standing characters or other things in front of measuring walls, planes, etc.