Launch Daz Studio from the command line and run a script

So I doubt this is possible, but what I'd love to be able to do is to launch Studio and run a (specified) script, from the command line.

Why? I have a script that will load and render a scene. I have a remote machine that for complicated reasons I can't easily log into. But it runs dropbox.

So I'm trying to set it up so that it will periodically launch Daz, run the script (which will be saved in dropbox so I can remotely edit it), do any rendering that it specified in the script, saving the output into dropbox, and quit

Comments

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276
    edited May 2018

Load File in Preferences

startup.png
    419 x 492 - 14K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2018

Presuming you know where Studio is on your system; likely something like 'C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4'

from the command line you can run Studio.

Creating a script to run it is straightforward enough.

echo off
    cd C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4
    DAZStudio.exe

> then save it with the .bat extension will launch Studio no problem. (Edit: double click the .bat file to test it works.)

You can use Windows Scheduler to automate the running of a script. (Use Create Task, not Create Basic Task.)

Have the file that loads (see CGI3DM's post) contain the scene that needs rendering. I seem to recall there is a script that allows renders to be managed; in store and a freebie, so maybe these will do what you need.

EDIT

Oh and general note; Do NOT double click .bat files you don't know the source of.

command line.JPG
    663 x 224 - 26K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

At the command prompt, enter the path of the application executable (quoted if the said path contains spaces), followed by a space, followed by the path of the file to open (quoted if the said path contains spaces). Or, even easier with applications that register themselves as the default application for a given file extension (like Daz Studio does for *.ds|dsa|dsb|dse|daz|dsf|duf), simply enter the path of the file to open (quoted if the said path contains spaces). The former will also work from a bat file using the start command (https://ss64.com/nt/start.html)