Copy motion parameters from one object to the other.

EyosEyos Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,
I'm new here, so hello all.
I have Carrara 8 Pro. I wounder is there a way I could easily copy rotation and movement path from one object to another?
Any plugin or something?

Thanks,
Yos

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited June 2012

Hi Eyos :)

What type of object,.

Normally if it's a figure, you can either save an animation, or a single pose, then select another figure and apply that saved animation to it.
    Both figures usually need to have the same Bone structure.

you can "Parent" another object to the first one , and then Hide the first one.
    You can make a Primitive object into an animated group, and then you have the ability to create an NLA clip from the keyframe animation

Hope it helps :)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I'm using simple objects, not complicated figures or ones with joints.
    It seems to answer what I need.
    Thanks a lot for your quick reply. :)

• Reality1Reality1 Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi Eyos :)

Normally if it's a figure, you can either save an animation, or a single pose, then select another figure and apply that saved animation to it.
    Both figures usually need to have the same Bone structure.

I haven't been able to find a way to save a pose or an animation in Carrara 8 Pro. I've found many others asking about it, is there an easy way to do this I've missed?

Thanks!

:-)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Reality1 :)

You can save Poses and animations as NLA (Non Linear Animation) clips or poses.
    You can also convert any imported animations from Key-frames to NLA.

Select your figure, and you should see an NLA tab on the right hand panel where you can choose to create a new Master Pose, or Master clip. (See pic)

Once you select pose or clip, and give it a name, the new clip / pose will be created in your "Scene / Clips" panel at the bottom right of the screen.
    From there, you can drag and drop the NLA cllips and poses, into the NLA track's for your figure, to create an animation,.. and you can drag n drop them into your "My Clips" area of the Browser, to save them for use in other scenes.

There's also a very handy Plug-in by "Fenric" which allows you to export as either BVH animations, or PZ2 (Poser pose files).

NLA_create.jpg
    1018 x 869 - 168K