Floyd 8

Comments

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    edited May 2018

@Pet Glad you like it.

If you don't mind to be a tester for this freebie, here it is.

There is no shaders included (I have no clue how to do a convincing transparent/tranlucent plastic shader but Mec4D shaders or others should work. It should be available later at the other place beginning with a R and maybe ShareCG.

Please let me know if is works fine.

Shower cap works great! I used those new plastic shaders that just came out and set the cutout low in the top. Thanks for sharing! 

Oh, and who said Floyd couldn't be a pin up model?

These renders are just so wonderful- Floyd has really inspired some amazing and fun stuff in this thread.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    sapat said:

Anyone else not getting the discount?  I have a banner that says I get 20% off since I'm a supporter of the G8 product line.  So I put Floyd 8 Pro in the cart with 1 of the addon packs  (textures for the Leif Viking outfit), then went and put my free bundle in the cart.  Is it because I dumped my PC memebership when it expired a couple weeks ago?  Is that why the Floyd Pro back is still almost $80 in my cart?  And I have absolutely no discount for me on the Lief Viking textures.

Just because of no PC memebership now?

PC Member here and owner of two G8M Pro bundles but no banner at all for me. Checked my messages for special offers, no joy there either. Maybe I haven't bought enough lately. Either that or their "Who Gets A Discount?" system is broken.  sad

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I did not get a banner or message either, but I DID get the extra 20% discount when I put the Pro bundle, 3 add-ons and 3 freebie Pro bundles in my cart. See if it works for you. If not take a screen print of your cart, and ask Customer Support for clarification.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited May 2018

@Pet Glad you like it.

If you don't mind to be a tester for this freebie, here it is.

There is no shaders included (I have no clue how to do a convincing transparent/tranlucent plastic shader but Mec4D shaders or others should work. It should be available later at the other place beginning with a R and maybe ShareCG.

Please let me know if is works fine.

Shower cap works great! I used those new plastic shaders that just came out and set the cutout low in the top. Thanks for sharing! 

Oh, and who said Floyd couldn't be a pin up model?

...that is so good. 

...will have to wait until next month when I get my benefit cheque as I also need to pick up the head & body morphs, however the more I look at this thread the more I can see he will end up in a lot of scenes.

Looking at Artini's pic using Archibald, with a little more adjustment he could make a great Ralph Kramden.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

A first quickie render mixing Floyd with Aldo https://www.daz3d.com/aldo-hd-and-mustache-for-genesis-8-male and a few other morphs.  No postwork or additional skin shaders.  Wow.  I really like this base.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited May 2018

Close-up section of the above render at full render size. 

(please limit width to 800px. ~mod)

Cybersox said:

A first quickie render mixing Floyd with Aldo https://www.daz3d.com/aldo-hd-and-mustache-for-genesis-8-male and a few other morphs.  No postwork or additional skin shaders.  Wow.  I really like this base.

...makes for a great butler

"Mr Wayne...it's the batphone"

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Thanks a lot, Summerhorse.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

As you post images, please remember that the width must be limited to 800 pixels. Thank you.

edited May 2018
    kyoto kid said:

...will have to wait until next month when I get my benefit cheque as I also need to pick up the head & body morphs, however the more I look at this thread the more I can see he will end up in a lot of scenes.

Looking at Artini's pic using Archibald, with a little more adjustment he could make a great Ralph Kramden.

I have tried to achieve Alfred Hitchcock look, but have not reached that goal, yet.

Post edited by Artini on
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2018

@Pet and @brimstoneomega I am so happy it works well.

Both of you made wonderful renders with Floyd and his shower cap. Thank you!

I hope you don't mind me showing again your renders

Left image from brimstoneomega and right image from Pet :

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • lycanartlycanart Posts: 23
    edited May 2018

Excellent new figure.

Walter Matthau-ish.

Seriously Daz keep this quality coming.

Walter 2.jpg
    1242 x 1372 - 983K
    Post edited by lycanart on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

@Pet and @brimstoneomega I am so happy it works well.

Both of you made wonderful renders with Floyd and his shower cap. Thank you!

I hope you don't mind me showing again your renders

Left image from brimstoneomega and right image from Pet :

I am so happy that I was allowed to play with the shower cap. It fits so well and is such fun.

Are we allowed to use for other renders?

• CometsComets Posts: 87
    edited May 2018
    lycanart said:

Excellent new figure.

Walter Matthau-ish.

Wow,  brilliant render. The price has had me wishlisting this for another time but this shot is changing my mind ;p

Post edited by Comets on
  • LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    edited May 2018

"Who you callin' 'limber', sonny?"

I've gotta say, as brilliant as Floyd is, he's the kind of character I'd mostly use in really specific circumstances.  A new version of Scott 6 would probably have been more my speed.  Still, brilliantly detailed character!

"Who you callin' 'limber', sonny?"

Floyd001.jpg
    1280 x 1920 - 1M
    Post edited by LosingSignal on
  • @Pet 

Yes you can use it in any render you wish (personnal or commercial) just do not share the shower cap files. I am curious to see what you will do with it as I always enjoy your renders (in the DAZ Gallery). Of course a credit would make be happy blush but is not mandatory at all.

• infinitetofuinfinitetofu Posts: 105

Does anyone know if the base character for Floyd comes with the HD morph, or do you have to get either the starter or the pro? The store page seems to indicate that it does.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Does anyone know if the base character for Floyd comes with the HD morph, or do you have to get either the starter or the pro? The store page seems to indicate that it does.

The HD morph comes with the base too.

Laurie

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I wasn't quite happy with the previous versions because I was using Darius, and the skin is too youthful. So I experimented with modifying Floyd 8's skin, and was happy with the result.

(Granted, you can't see hands or feet, so that helps)

Ferrant3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 445K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,051
    Oso3D said:

I wasn't quite happy with the previous versions because I was using Darius, and the skin is too youthful. So I experimented with modifying Floyd 8's skin, and was happy with the result.

Great result :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Your characters look convincing.
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    Oso3D said:

OMG!!!! How did you get that great skin color and the shine.  You can even see the pores on his nose.  Was this with a skin color changing program?

edited May 2018

Floyd 8 mix nicely with other characters. Below is an example of the mix with Darius.

Floyd25pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 382K
    Post edited by Artini on

Nah, I just added some medium low saturation brown to the base color, a lighter low saturation brown to translucency, dropped translucency from .9 to .5, and reduced bump to 1.5.

The thing about high translucency skin is that it tends to lose detail, so a lot of skins try to balance that with high bump. I'm not sure high translucency really makes sense for skin (though sometimes it looks AMAZING), but darker skin makes a stronger argument for lowering it. So... there.

I also moved the transmitted color a few nudges toward yellow; there are a wide variety of subtle underlying color tones to black skin, from blue to gray to yellow to brick and ruddy red, depending on a lot of factors and ethnicity.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    Oso3D said:

Nah, I just added some medium low saturation brown to the base color, a lighter low saturation brown to translucency, dropped translucency from .9 to .5, and reduced bump to 1.5.

The thing about high translucency skin is that it tends to lose detail, so a lot of skins try to balance that with high bump. I'm not sure high translucency really makes sense for skin (though sometimes it looks AMAZING), but darker skin makes a stronger argument for lowering it. So... there.

I also moved the transmitted color a few nudges toward yellow; there are a wide variety of subtle underlying color tones to black skin, from blue to gray to yellow to brick and ruddy red, depending on a lot of factors and ethnicity.

I'm anxious to try it once I bring Floyd home to live with me. laugh

The problem is, of course, hands and feet. While not all black people have lighter palms/soles, many/most of them do, so...

If it had come to that, I might experiment with mixing Darius and Floyd, maybe using diffuse overlay.

• brimstoneomegabrimstoneomega Posts: 343
    edited May 2018

As you post images, please remember that the width must be limited to 800 pixels. Thank you.

Oops, sorry, I'll make sure to do so from now on, still a little new to the forums. ( as evident by how botched many of my posts such as this one are, lol)

@Summerhorse - Thank you! I love this new character and think he's a lot of fun!

@kyoto kid - Thanks! I hope you're able to get him, he's wonderful. I kind of wish his bundle came with a different outfit then the Viking or Track Suit ones, he really needs a nice dapper suit I think, and I don't have any that really fit what I feel his personality would work with such as the one @Cybersox used.

@xmasrose (aka tulipe) - Thanks again for sharing that shower cap! It's great, and looks really good!

Post edited by brimstoneomega on
  • Oso3D said:

Wow, this is amazing! I really need to get more comportable with using all these amazing features in this program...

Cybersox said:

Love him! I have Aldo, I may try and recreate this character, he looks great!

lycanart said:

Excellent new figure.

Walter Matthau-ish.

Epic work here!

I wish I could comment on everyone's posts, they are all so great, but I don't want to get obnoxious, lol, so I'll leave it at this. But seriously, all the work I see everyone do is such a great inspiration, if only I had more time to play with Daz, and a much larger bank account to play with as well, lol!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Those renders look great!