What is so attractive about Genesis 2 female?

manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hello everybody. i'm back with another of my very stupid questions *blush*..

is there any good reason why i should start even just thinking about using Genesis 2 female instead of Genesis - especially since:
- i only use male charas, never females (yes, i have Ramwolff's free morphs so i could make a male...)
- i've just bought V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis, and Genesis Generation X (still haven't managed to grasp how this one works yet, not much time atm) like 3 weeks ago - the point being that i could mix my recently bought or freebie M4 morphs/charas with Genesis
- i was perfectly happy with Genesis, actually i love the androgynous look of Genesis
- i have no interest whatsoever in V6 or V5

or can i just totally ignore G2 as if it didn't exist, or at least until there's a G2M male figure - though there too, my GenX plugin won't work - hence my recently bought M4 morphs won't either ~ and i don't plan on buying M5/M6 any time soon

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My view is if you want a more realistic figure then opt for G2, if you are not bothered about that side of things then stick with G1.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

My two cents:

-No, given what you have said, there's no good reason to "start thinking about using Genesis 2 Female instead of Genesis." However, there are plenty of good reasons to consider using G2F in addition to Genesis. The improvements are listed here; for me, the big ones are the improvements in the face (more detailed mesh and better expressions) and the bends of certain joints. Genesis 2 Female is free anyway, so there's no harm in trying her out.

-As others have demonstrated, you can make a convincing male out of G2F, but you might be better off sticking with Genesis for your men, at least until Genesis 2 Male comes out.

-GenX won't help you with the Genesis 2 figures right now, but apparently an add-on for it is in the works, that will enable you to use legacy morphs with Genesis 2 characters.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

If you don't use ladies you don't need G2F. Maybe when G2M comes out you might revisit, but right now, nope.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 1969

thanks everybody for your opinion! because after installing Ramwolff's great morphs set, i finally really wondered if it made any sense to "update" myself to use G2 just because it was there, especially when i'm still learning to use G1 and those (expensive) new plugins..

@Scott-livingston - i read the promo page too, but ovbviously missed the one point - if something of the advantages of G2 would interest me genuinely (else i'm happy with M4-G1 as to realism) it would be a REAL improvement in joints bending ~

--> btw, as a side note - under my nick there's "joined in 2009".. but i AM a noob - 2009 is when i first downloaded DS3 and M4, which both didn't function at all on my old laptop, so i let it slide totally. my real start with DAz was this february or so.. ;) - hence the flurry of dumb questions XD

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Feel free to come and ask your questions in the New Users Help Forum We are geared up there for helping people who are just getting to grips with things.