Re installing

RadumkaRadumka Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello there.

Well I have made a huge goof up and now nothing works. I was having problems installing new things with the new installer. Now I read you have to change the path. I tried doing that. . But all the files are missing files and everything loads up as blocks. How do I do a fresh install where everything gets to where it is supposed to be

Comments

• RadumkaRadumka Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

I have tried everything, from deleting everything and installing the whole program over again . It looks good now but files are missing. I've had nothing but trouble since they brought out the new installer.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Have you uninstalled with Install Manager and reinstalled to the correct path?

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited July 2013

I had over 140 items installed . According to this the path is in the right place but my content is still missing. I tried to attach screen shots but that didn't work.
    I switched to the Public folder but things are still missing

Post edited by Radumka on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What paths are listed in DS under DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats?

edited December 1969

I have thinks back on track. Sort of.. Characters are in the right space but the poses aren't working

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Was this meant to be a reply to another thread and you accidentally hit new topic instead of reply

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Two threads have been merged

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

radumka said:
    I have thinks back on track. Sort of.. Characters are in the right space but the poses aren't working
    What poses are they and are they for the correct figure? We do need more detailed information in order to help and to make it easier to help you.
    edited December 1969

Thanks for putting up with such a novice . I'm learning slowly and will try to post in the appropriate place next time.
    Have been using Daz for some time but most of the time I'm banging my head against a wall