Mesh not following "live" the bones. (SOLVED)

GrandSACHIGrandSACHI Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will be able to help with this.

I have a problem with an annoying behaviour of an asset that I’m working on. It’s a figure asset that fits to a Triax figure and that I have initially rigged with the Transfer Utility and to which I am adding ghost bones to control the movement of a strap. Now the problem is that when I am moving the bone, or more precisely “while” I am moving the bone, the strap doesn’t follow until I release the mouse button (see the attached image). This is a very annoying behaviours as it makes it very difficult to pose the strap precisely.

Curiously, this behaviour affects only the ghost bones that I have manually added but not the bones that were added through the transfer utility, as those show live mesh deformation while I am moving the bones… as they should be.

At this point I have no clue about where the problem might come from and couldn’t find anything that answer this question anywhere. So I hope someone could figure this out, as I expect this to be a fairly common problem with asset creation.

Thanks

Ghost bone

ghost bone .jpg
800 x 245 - 99K
Post edited by GrandSACHI on

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

Did you save the asset, close DS, and then open it again? Sometimes that's all it takes to put it right.

• GrandSACHIGrandSACHI Posts: 7

Darn! You're a genius (or maybe I'm just dumb) but yeah! it did it!

Many thanks!

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

Darn! You're a genius (or maybe I'm just dumb) but yeah! it did it!

Many thanks!

Nah, just experience. That's tripped me up a few times, but I would just get frustrated and close down a project, only to have everything work perfectly when next I opened the program.

• 3WC said:

Did you save the asset, close DS, and then open it again? Sometimes that's all it takes to put it right.

Tried and failed, I added 3 bones, the Parent and child 1 work fine, child 2 is the problem child, it acts as discribed above. Any other helpful hints 3WC? Thank you. I have gone thtough all the settings/menus and everything seems in order.