How Do I avoid clothes shrinkwrapping around breasts?

How Do I avoid clothes shrinkwrapping around breasts?

Very new at Daz, got around to a female figure, Genesis 8, and a lot of the tops seem to get vacuum sealed around any moderately sized breasts individually, rather than being a flat/shelf shape like you'd expect in real life.

https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-cleavage-modifier

This is a product I found that I THINK addresses my complaint, but I am only working with G8 models, and it seems to tailored for older characters.

Is there a g8 equivalent or manual way to avoid these weird bosom shapes, please?

Comments

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 505
    edited May 2018

Fit Control is also a great product: https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-8-female-s

For your specific question, you'd want to use Center Depth and the "under" settings.

Post edited by Chezjuan on
  • @Chezjuan and @BeeMkay, Thanks so much! That appears to totally cover what I need, cheers!

• Sometime I've found that uping the smoothing itereations with help a great deal with that too, and that's already part of Daz without needing additional products. Those productls probably give a better result, but in a pinch this works too!

Screenshot (309).png
    1920 x 1080 - 662K
    Screenshot (310).png
    1920 x 1080 - 642K
  • Sometime I've found that uping the smoothing itereations with help a great deal with that too, and that's already part of Daz without needing additional products. Those productls probably give a better result, but in a pinch this works too!

Huh - admittedly  Ionly tried 1 outfit and im a noob - but I found increasing  smooyhing iterations made the wrapping worse :S What did help a bit was changeing the base shape to the send option, with low collision (1) and 10 smoothing iterations the top was greatly smoothed... .So much to learn, thank you for your input!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

These are all excellent suggestions but there is another method you can try, use D-Formers. Start by creating a D-Former on the clothes, put the centre of it's field in the cleavage and set the feild's size to go horizontally to the centre of each breast, vertically to the top and a bit lower than the bottom. Move the D-Former forward, then adjust the field size and postion and the D-Former's movement to fine tune the effect. Sometimes it helps to have a second D-Former positioned lower and pulling the clothes down bit.

This method takes more work but gives you plenty of control and doesn't cost anything.

• These are all excellent suggestions but there is another method you can try, use D-Formers. Start by creating a D-Former on the clothes, put the centre of it's field in the cleavage and set the feild's size to go horizontally to the centre of each breast, vertically to the top and a bit lower than the bottom. Move the D-Former forward, then adjust the field size and postion and the D-Former's movement to fine tune the effect. Sometimes it helps to have a second D-Former positioned lower and pulling the clothes down bit.

This method takes more work but gives you plenty of control and doesn't cost anything.

Nice, ty!