dforce Master - Cloth Simulation Presets Unofficial Visual Guide

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I tried dForce on a pair of women's jeans a few days ago and they dropped down the hips. I need to try again at some stage and do the weight mapping thing you pointed me to in the video above (which is really good, thank you!).

I too am finding I'm getting some pokethrough, even though I made sure there wasn't any before I posed and simulated. As you suggest Fit Control does tend to fix it.

As always, these images are really useful. Thank you for all your work on these! I love the flow of the fabric over the hips with the female loose pantaloons. If I didn't have these images to reference from I'd have tried setting one and probably not continued because there looks to be little difference, but setting two onwards gives a lovely drape.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016

I tried dForce on a pair of women's jeans a few days ago and they dropped down the hips. I need to try again at some stage and do the weight mapping thing you pointed me to in the video above (which is really good, thank you!).

I too am finding I'm getting some pokethrough, even though I made sure there wasn't any before I posed and simulated. As you suggest Fit Control does tend to fix it.

As always, these images are really useful. Thank you for all your work on these! I love the flow of the fabric over the hips with the female loose pantaloons. If I didn't have these images to reference from I'd have tried setting one and probably not continued because there looks to be little difference, but setting two onwards gives a lovely drape.

Yeah, I thought when I got the product that the presets were determined in some kind of order. From subtle difference to a more intense drape. But after applying and simmulating more than half of the presets, I've found that's not the case. The presents seemed to have been determined at random, so I'm glad I started this guide. I'm also using several different garments to better determine which preset works best with which. The tight jeans, for example, show very little difference with the first six presets, however the last two show a big difference. I guess if someone wanted to do "undressing" drapes, they could use that preset (maybe use control fit to loose the waistline more) so the garment can slip down. 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

You may not need weightmapping; if they sit at the waist or slightly below it and have a separate surface for the waistband, try setting the Expand-Contract field in the dforce surface area to 99% or slightly less.

Odaa said:

You may not need weightmapping; if they sit at the waist or slightly below it and have a separate surface for the waistband, try setting the Expand-Contract field in the dforce surface area to 99% or slightly less.

@Odaa, I've not heard of the 'Expand-Contract field' before. Thank you, I'll try that. 

Odaa said:

Oh, I didn't know this either. I'm going to try this next time as well.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Wow -- this is awesome!!  Thanks!

Karibou said:

Wow -- this is awesome!!  Thanks!

You are welcome :)

• thank you so much for the tips!

• PippenPippen Posts: 265

HOODIE STYLES ONLY | Loose/Open Hoodies

• G3F: Can't remember from where, but it was a free asset. The name is: 2HIP HOODIE. Note: Sims great out of the box!

First, thank you for this thread. Without, it wouldn't be in my cart to buy. Second, do you recall where you got 2HIP Hoodie? I have been looking for a top like that for a long time.

Thanks

• Pippen said:

• G3F: Can't remember from where, but it was a free asset. The name is: 2HIP HOODIE. Note: Sims great out of the box!

First, thank you for this thread. Without, it wouldn't be in my cart to buy. Second, do you recall where you got 2HIP Hoodie? I have been looking for a top like that for a long time.

Thanks

You are welcome, @Pippen. I need to get back to finishing this guide with the remaining presets. Just slipped my mind, really. 

As to the free asset, I did manage to track down that the free Hoodie (2Hip Hoodie) was created and shared by DESIGNERINC @ Deviantart. However, his account has been deactivated, so I'm unsure if and/or where you can get this one.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958
    Pippen said:

Thanks

You are welcome, @Pippen. I need to get back to finishing this guide with the remaining presets. Just slipped my mind, really. 

As to the free asset, I did manage to track down that the free Hoodie (2Hip Hoodie) was created and shared by DESIGNERINC @ Deviantart. However, his account has been deactivated, so I'm unsure if and/or where you can get this one.

Great guide! Fingers crossed you get time to finish the guide - it's such an amazing resource :)

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Agreed! Thank you so much for putting this together. Looking forward to the rest, if you get the chance. :)

evacyn said:

Great guide! Fingers crossed you get time to finish the guide - it's such an amazing resource :)

Agreed! Thank you so much for putting this together. Looking forward to the rest, if you get the chance. :)

Thank you both for your interest. I have re-taken this proyect, so expect to see some updated in the coming week. I've started simulating and rendering the "pants styles". Additionally, I've updated the index with the styles that are pending!

I haven't done much with dforce lately. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new styles @Gigi_FenixPhoenix smiley

I've updated the guide with the Pants Style presets. I've added them to the jeans section so you can better compare the jeans presets vs the pants presets in the same set of items.

Brilliant! Thank you so much,I really struggle with jeans sometimes. I forget that I could try dforcing them.

Brilliant! Thank you so much,I really struggle with jeans sometimes. I forget that I could try dforcing them.

Yes and they look so much better when dforced. But it gets tricky because some of them can explode depending on the preset used.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Does dforse work with 3Delight as well as IRay?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Does dforse work with 3Delight as well as IRay?

Dforce is not dependent on the render engine, but on the version number of Daz Studio. However unless the creator of a particular piece of dforce clothing included 3Delight presets, it may take additional work to make the textures look right in 3Delight.

• Will you ever be getting back to this for the skirts?

• thistledownsname said:

Will you ever be getting back to this for the skirts?

I will try, but no promises. Maybe I can do some renders today and add to it. Of course, anyone and everyone are welcome to contribute as well :).

• Ok, I actually had a couple of hours to kill, so I finished up the comparisons for the Skirt and Tights presets.

• Wow, there really is no telling until you try them all.  Thank you so much for this project.

Thank you @FenixPhoenix for this. Haven't used it in ages and really must start using it again. 

• thistledownsname said:

Wow, there really is no telling until you try them all.  Thank you so much for this project.

You're welcome. I think some of them are so subtle (the differences between the presets) that it's hard to tell if it matters which one you choose. But there are some that are more extreme and give more dramatic draping for sure.

• Mollytabby said:

Thank you @FenixPhoenix for this. Haven't used it in ages and really must start using it again. 

You're welcome! I haven't used them as often either given that many of the new sets are set with their dforce settings. But this is great for when using Generation 3 clothing on Generation 8!

edited December 2021

BTW, I turned some of the renders I did into icons for my own use (to replace the original icons). You're welcome to download them here. Just drop them on the appropriate folders (where the dforce master presets are). I included .tip files as well.

zip
    zip
    Dforce Master Icons.zip
    5M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

A huge 'thank you' for the replacement icons @FenixPhoenix smiley

Just installed them and it makes it much easer to decide which setting to try.

Mollytabby said:

A huge 'thank you' for the replacement icons @FenixPhoenix smiley

Just installed them and it makes it much easer to decide which setting to try.

You're very welcome! They aren't the best looking icons, but they will get the job done :).

• FenixPhoenix said:

[DFM-T] Tights| Pants

• I only did one clothing item with these ones because the difference between the presets was very subtle. These pants are from Sci-Fi Rebel Outfit for G8F.

[DFM-SkS] Skirts | Short Skirt

• I added the preset to the leather parts as well. And I purposely chose an item that wasn't dforced out of the box. I'm using Spart Warrior for GM3 on a G8M.

[DFM-SkL] Skirts | Long Skirt

~And with these last three comparisons, I think I've covered all the presets.

I made some icons to replace the original ones with some of the renders shown here. You can download them in this post.

FenixPhoenix,

It would be nice to have all of your "full size" renders in a .pdf file.