What future products do you want to see in the market place?

SandmanGFXSandmanGFX Posts: 75
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just out of interest ... What products do some of you want to see in the market place?

I'm wanting to create some products for the market place and thought it would be better to create something that people actually ask for. I'm sure other developers would find this interesting as well.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty easygoing:

Food items are always useful
    Light sets
    Practical clothing for both genders
    hairs
    Uh, some holiday stuff like: pumpkins, gourds, Christmas stuff.

I'm always looking for high res environemental props suitable for up close renders. Snows, rocks, etc.

Would really love a realistic beach scene with water etc.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I like scenes with lots of clutter already arranged for me eg a tool bench with all the tools and bottles around the bench casually like they've been used. ie a bit of mess.
    It needs to be poser compatible and not need dson to work in poser.
    Ii like matching poses for things. I mostly use V4 but may switch to the new figure that can't be mentioned here yet. you know the one from another site that hasn't opened yet.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

The animal category needs some love. Most of the creatures there could use an update, plus there are no kangaroos! And the birds have flown away! ;-)

Edit: This no smiley business is really over the top. I put an OS wink in because I know they don't work, and it turns into a word! Useless! I turned off smileys. Now lets see if they'll leave it alone.

Post edited by Dino Gramps on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited July 2013

Oh boy, I hope you have a pen and paper handy, this thread could get busy...

Here's my wishlist:

- Children's clothes for Genesis.
    There really aren't enough clothes for little ones out there, and while some K4 items conform nicely to Genesis, most break in some way. I buy kids content like cookie monster eats cookies.

- Genesis kids character morphs.
    Especially boys. Most kid characters out there are female focused, with very few boys in the mix. Makes for rather unusual families when every child is a daughter. New kids textures would be a major added bonus.

- Everyday household objects and gadgets.
    Always useful when doing renders around the home. Things like TV's, consoles and telephones all make up some of the little details which seem to be missing. Also more personal items like picture frames and purses.

- City Streets.
    There's a lot to be said for a good backdrop, and while I have some nice roads, I lack some good buildings, so my streets tend to look a bit deserted. I already have a few items wishlisted, but I'm always on the prowl for more so streets are definitely something I'd grab.

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to content. If it's cute, cuddly, or fairytale then chances are I'll buy it. I also tend to buy a lot of 'everyday' stuff, because you can never have too much of the mundane. It's the little details in pictures which make them all the more impressive.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited July 2013

-Steampunk items like an airship

-Fantasy weapons

-More everyday clothing

-Indoor scenes: High school setting, apartment, mansion ect.

-Sport equipments: soccerball, hockey sticks, ect.

Post edited by Zenrel on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,337
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited July 2013

The Millennium Cow.

Bare Minimum morphs include:

Muscular
    Petite
    Udders (Big, Small, Extra Teats, Weapon Morphs)
    Hellcow
    Angel / Demon Wings (which morph into Rocket Packs and/or Warp Nacelles)
    Cow-Bot (High Tech and Creampunk)
    Mimic Ready
    Tongue Morphs (Extra Long, Forked, Wide, Round Tip, Pointed Tip, and Animated Licking pz3 files)

Of course, there would be many other morphs, but those are the basics.

The ability to retro fit Vickies Skakwear is essential. Aiko's too. And even The Girl's, She-Freak's, Stephanies, and Mil Teens.

The Ultimate All-Purpose Cow.

Guaranteed Best Seller!

I think.

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Still waiting for a working bridle for Horse 2. Would like that. one that comes with some poses.
    Western/cowboy outfits

I also really like backdrops. My machine is not uber fast and powerful, and I like a lot of the backdrops such as the ones that are sold at renderosity.

Realistic sci-fi weapons. Not stuff like from the original trek, stuff that looks believable.

Would really like:

sci-fi bar
    crew quarters
    pub
    rec hall

etc.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Mad scientist equipment that isn't bizarre machinery with no obvious purpose. Goggles, lab coats, beakers and test tubes, specimen jars... Could use stuff with a Lovecraftian vibe, too.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Plants.....always

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439
    edited December 1969

I'm still hoping for more swimsuits designed with actual swimming in mind. Sickleyield's Classic Swimwear is nice (if a bit conservative), but it's the sole outlier in a field that mostly ranges from string bikinis to things even less practical.

And, of course, just about anything for the guys would be appreciated.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

1. Stuff for Gen4
    2. Animations
    3. Buildings
    4. Lighting sets for Carrara

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited July 2013

Santa suit for Genesis with

realistic textures

a variety of morphs

variety of colors

traditional look

modern look

unconventional look (get creative, your choice ), how about a bad ass Santa?

able to morph into an elf suit ( and green)

realistic folds when limbs bend

a sexy young Mrs. Clause morph

hair and beard on/off and length options (not for Mrs. Clause)

beard frazzled for realistic look to silky shiny look (smooth or curly option)

varying degrees of curly for hair and beard

wired rimmed glasses in various shapes and color

sack with various levels of bulges, open top or tied close, presents showing or not showing when top open

variety of smoking pipe shapes with options of smoke rising from pipe

choice of a fluffy white ball or bell on the tip of his hat

tip of hat has to sway, side to side, up and down, or horizontally behind him as he's cruising through the air in his sleigh

Post edited by Graze on
  • AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

normal, short hair for men. Accent on normal.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681
    edited December 1969

I second the already cluttered scenes and stuff for genesis kids.

I would love to see a theme - say historical or imaginative. It increases my overall buy since I like to collect the whole set. It can be made fun that way. Possible Themes: Revolutions - American, French, and England's soft revolution.
    Renaissance - Show off the differences among Italians, Spanish, French, English, Irish, Prussians
    Miyazaki themed
    Plague fashion - the rich, the masses, the superstitious, the scientific
    Retro Sci-fi

edited December 1969

Seconded. I want stuff you'd see Cary Grant or Gary Cooper with.
  • SandmanGFXSandmanGFX Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

Wow, thanks for the feedback everyone! There are some very inspiring ideas.

The cow with its udder weapons is hilarious! It reminds me a of the old Matrix spoof with the cow shooting milk from its udders. Hellcow \m/ Haha!

I've been working on an interior set with my main focus on a window with moving curtains. I modelled the window and a curtain pole using silo, but I was never happy with the results I got with the curtains. Then I downloaded the demo of Marvellous Designer and it was just so easy, that it seemed kinda depressing going back to silo for cloth.
    So for now this is just resting on my hard drive, unfinished. I might give it a shot again sometime. I'd love to use MD, but for now a commercial licence just isn't gonna happen for me.
    I should find some time tomorrow to render and post an image of the set tomorrow. It's basically a modular design of walls that match up seamlessly to create a room of your choice.

The idea with the beach scene really caught my attention. It would be quite a challenge and I'd learn a lot at the same time.
    I also like the clutter theme and the mad scientist. Casual, daily stuff always seems to be a winner and extravagant things if it's done well.

Just keep the ideas coming, a lot of other vendors will surely be happy to get some inspiration here, too.

Thanks again to everyone who took their time and commented. I highly appreciate it!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Define "normal" since that'll actually fluctuate pretty massively based on culture and time period. Also, some shorter hairs may be done as textures for individual skins.

edited December 1969

Oh btw ... Would anyone be interested in Audio at all? (Maybe to match some of your aniposes?)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited July 2013

Just keep the ideas coming, a lot of other vendors will surely be happy to get some inspiration here, too.

There's a thread in the Platinum Club forum asking what sorts of things we would buy the week they were released. The most common requests are "sensible clothes" and "normal cars."

(One of my comments was "Yes, the devil wears Prada - but not to the grocery store." She also doesn't drive a BMW to the kids' soccer practice.)

So if you were to do a jeans, t-shirt, and flat shoes outfit for V4/5/6 to wear, matching outfits for M4/5 and K4, and a late-model compact car for them to drive around in (we just got Car Ranger for the soccer moms), you'd likely have some best-sellers... Assuming everyone taking part in the thread was serious and honest, of course. I can only speak for my own honesty.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited July 2013

Oh btw ... Would anyone be interested in Audio at all? (Maybe to match some of your aniposes?)

There's plenty of public-domain and Creative-Commons-licensed music out there already.

Sound effects, on the other hand...

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited July 2013

I was thinking along the lines of audio that matches walk cycles, etc. Or atmospherical sounds to fill in the blanks. Anything foley that is useful for DAZ/Poser animations. There are some very good foley libraries out there, usually very expensive.
    Also I'm not sure how many people are actually interested in animation here.

Post edited by SandmanGFX on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

Big ol' nasty demons like SanctumArts' creations or Venom in my runtime.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

Define "normal" since that'll actually fluctuate pretty massively based on culture and time period. Also, some shorter hairs may be done as textures for individual skins.
    How about normal for anywhere? Instead of stuff like this. Or feminine hairstyles which happen to have a male fit so they get dropped into the male category. [Don't get me wrong, I love that hair for sci-fi, but it's one of many which aren't "normal hair" in any sense of the definition.]

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Among several,

- UP/DOWN Stairs walking aniblocks, various with/without trailing handy poses.
    - M4/M5 figures with no miss of genital textures.
    - Non Scifi civil airplanes.
    - Lowres sitting/standing random-poses crowd generator

let's dream ... *smile*

Usefull thread, thanks for posting it.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,067
    edited December 1969

One word - Clutter!

Office clutter: 4, 8 and 13-column pads; adding machines (electric and manual 10-key) - with morphing paper feed; waste basket, and crumpled balls of waste; pens and pencils; a pencil sharpener. Ink wells, parchment, scrolls (talking OLD office - something for monks and mages, perhaps).

Household clutter: Small appliances, boxed groceries, stacks of magazines and newspapers, stuff for shelves and mantelpieces, dust and cobwebs.

Street clutter: whole and broken bottles (beer, whiskey, pop); cans, whole, flattened, and crumpled; loose paper and floating/flat bits of newspaper.

Clothes for bums, hobos, and the homeless - shoes held together with string or tape; oversize coats and pants that have seen better years, ripped and torn.

I know that a fair bit of this is available as parts of other sets, or add-ons from other sites, but I'd be quite willing to drop $10 to $15 on a well-made package of assorted crud and clutter

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,275
    edited December 1969

I have always dreamed of a Luthbel Future Fireman with a Stonemason Future Fire engine and burning skyscraper side. The uniform would be half uniform half space suit. There would be an accessory robot exoskeleton that could separate and act as an extra helper. I have thought about this too much.

edited December 1969

and I want stuff you'd see Channing Tatum with.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

and I want stuff you'd see Channing Tatum with.
    I just want to see Channing Tatum.

=P

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

Check out guys at your local mall or the beach. Go with the average.