Now Available: SPEX for Genesis [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Knocks on Screen (Tap Tap TAP, or Tong Tong TONG, depending on your monitor type), would one of you kind folks tell me why I have not bought this set yet? Am I stupid or just totally out of my mind? Scratches head and wonders off to the store...

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Knocks on Screen (Tap Tap TAP, or Tong Tong TONG, depending on your monitor type), would one of you kind folks tell me why I have not bought this set yet? Am I stupid or just totally out of my mind? Scratches head and wonders off to the store...

Nah, neither adjective applies. You are just too busy helping the rest of us get through our troubles. :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

You've been too busy Bald Wizardering? ;)
    edited December 1969

A quick use of SPEX2 ... I manager to miss seeing (I need specs ...!) the MAG +/- materials so I did the refraction manually ;)

Gia4.jpg
    1200 x 1976 - 155K
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    A quick use of SPEX2 ... I manager to miss seeing (I need specs ...!) the MAG +/- materials so I did the refraction manually ;)

That's funny, Simon! The render, however, is gorgeous. The red on the face is makeup, right? Hopefully not caused by SPEX.

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

Really enjoying the the Spex...and thanks for including shaders that can be used on anything.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to create something not in the presets, but using the morphs to produce a different shape.

Look you only had the glasses on loan, it's time to give em back. ;-P

carina-13-mod3d3.jpg
    820 x 912 - 414K
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to create something not in the presets, but using the morphs to produce a different shape.

Look you only had the glasses on loan, it's time to give em back. ;-P

I'm glad you did that. I had someone PM me and ask me why I bothered to make the glasses morph. Why did I not just make 15 sets of glasses. He felt that it was gimmicky and that there would be no reason to partially morph the different shapes and come up with something in between. I, of course, do not agree. Morphing allows possibilities you can't get with static glasses. What about people who look better with a smaller frame? Or larger? Or maybe the Tea Shades would look cool if they were heart shaped? Etc., etc., etc.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Have been luring and SPEX went straight into the cart when they came out :cheese:

Have several characters who can use them :P

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    SimonJM said:

That's funny, Simon! The render, however, is gorgeous. The red on the face is makeup, right? Hopefully not caused by SPEX.

Yup, that red is makeup, so panic ye not! :)

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,116
    edited December 1969

Yes! These are awesome. I was looking everywhere for a specific pair of glasses for one of my characters. I'm so happy that I managed to make a close match with SPEX.

I used the shaders for her shirt as well. Very versatile.

Monas_Glasses.png
    732 x 950 - 679K
    edited December 1969

Yes! These are awesome. I was looking everywhere for a specific pair of glasses for one of my characters. I'm so happy that I managed to make a close match with SPEX.

How cool is that? I like the style. Maybe they might show up in an update or a future incarnation of SPEX (??) I went with shaders for the frames texturing because A. Everyone finds other uses for shaders, and B. it's nice to be able to adjust the tiling of shaders, so your stars can be big, or they can be small, etc.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,116
    edited July 2013

Slosh said:

How cool is that? I like the style. Maybe they might show up in an update or a future incarnation of SPEX (??) I went with shaders for the frames texturing because A. Everyone finds other uses for shaders, and B. it's nice to be able to adjust the tiling of shaders, so your stars can be big, or they can be small, etc.

I should've mentioned previously that her glasses use the "Giraffe" shader with a purple diffuse and the upper part of the frames are invisible. I think her shirt was Tiger 2 with pink diffuse. I still need to tweak the glasses some more, but I'm happy with what I've managed to make in an hour. I might as well post a screenshot of my current settings in case people want to recreate a similar one. I also gotta go make new random ones just because.

Monas_Glasses_Settings.jpg
    328 x 825 - 104K
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:

I should've mentioned previously that her glasses use the "Giraffe" shader with a purple diffuse and the upper part of the frames are invisible. I think her shirt was Tiger 2 with pink diffuse. I still need to tweak the glasses some more, but I'm happy with what I've managed to make in an hour. I might as well post a screenshot of my current settings in case people want to recreate a similar one. I also gotta go make new random ones just because.

(chuckles to himself) It's so weird to see a screenshot of my product. Being familiar with them as I am, I noticed right away the giraffe and tiger (though I thought it was zebra). Let me know if you have any questions.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

thanks Slosh !!

I dreamt of it, Slosh did it!

What's next ;)

• Is there a way to make the lens not cast shadows? I'm rendering in Iray.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199

Is there a way to make the lens not cast shadows? I'm rendering in Iray.

The product was released long before Daz Studio had Iray, so the materials are not Iray materials. Have you already changed the lens to an Iray glass shader? If not, try that first.

• Ah! Gotcha! Makes total sense. Tried that and it works perfectly. Thanks much!