Wise Wizard HD for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

Sberlins: that’s really nice 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

So, what do the runes on his cloak say (base texture set)? :)

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128
    Odaa said:

So, what do the runes on his cloak say (base texture set)? :)

"Buy Me!...Buy Me NOW!"

laugh

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Resistance is futile  -  after reading this thread I just MUST buy.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

its nice but it really is a dforce only outfit too I found

even the outer tunic sleeves need to be manually posed otherwise as not actually rigged to the arms

is fine but I sort of think a few pose morphs would not have hurt so one does not have to dforce everything

I will be making some myself using dforce probably 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905
    edited May 2018

From what I've seen of robes that attempt to follow poses, that's probably for the best; most of the time they bend and warp like bubblegum and I find I have to unfit it and simply pose it around the figure.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,331

Bought him right away!  Simply AMAZING!  Really should have came with an eye patch for the SO OBVIOUS Odin look and feel! (Rendering that version now, with third party eye patch.)

Wizard in the Wood

• Ki-JenKi-Jen Posts: 64
    edited May 2018

"This is not fair! Men always get more cloth for their bucks!"

Morgan le Fay is annoyed, while Merlin is rather amused.

Morgan is pissed

I couldn't resist and made a render with both recently released wizard/sorceress outfits. And yes, there is a difference in skin to fabric ratio between the male and female one. wink

Mod edit to correct language

MorganAndMerlin.jpg
    1440 x 1200 - 376K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Morgana should've bought this instead of Twilight Sorceress: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mystery-outfit-and-accessories-for-genesis-8-females

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 320
    edited May 2018

The set works pretty well on G8F as well.  I have SickleYield's Ultra Templates which helped to autofit the outer robe better.  Here's a quick render with a pretty involved pose.  There was a bit of pokethrough that I had to fix but it was easy (hiding a few pieces of the inner tunic mostly).  I meant to put some special effects in the image but it's getting late.

WWTest1a.png
    800 x 800 - 412K
    Post edited by Crescent on
  • ACueACue Posts: 114

FYI, the Odin Hair for the G8 Male (with the Bleached white mat) appears to be a near perfect match to Luthbel's Wise Wizrd beard . Great product by Luthbel. Still playing with it.  Cheers!

Acue

wizardhair.jpg
    1011 x 1096 - 430K
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 826
    edited May 2018
    ACue said:

FYI, the Odin Hair for the G8 Male (with the Bleached white mat) appears to be a near perfect match to Luthbel's Wise Wizrd beard . Great product by Luthbel. Still playing with it.  Cheers!

Acue

Holy cow, that looks terrific!
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

Nabbed this the other night, more mage gear always welcome!

• ddyackddyack Posts: 15
    edited June 2018

Hi @Luthbel,

Purchased the product (the whole bundle) - love it but having some issues.

Anyway, when running gforce simulations on a static poses (provided in the pack), we always get some of the inner clothes sorting or popping through the out clothes (even with really high sim times - ie.  inner tunic coming through outer tunic).  Attached is a screen shot:

Are we doing something wrong or maybe a better question is how do we fix this issue?

Final disclaimer (total nube here) - sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks!  

Wise_Wizard_Bugs.png
    1123 x 640 - 161K
    Post edited by ddyack on
  • LuthbelLuthbel Posts: 110
    ddyack said:

Hi @Luthbel,

Anyway, when running gforce simulations on a static poses (provided in the pack), we always get some of the inner clothes sorting or popping through the out clothes (even with really high sim times - ie.  inner tunic coming through outer tunic).  Attached is a screen shot:

Are we doing something wrong or maybe a better question is how do we fix this issue?

Thanks!  

Hi ddyack,

You have a good assortment of adjustment morphs in actor/adjustments. I created those morphs to fix poke throughs after dforce simulations. It may fix a good amout of issues.

Also, be sure to double check the collision item of the outer tunic set. It may be set to collide against the inner tunic... but for some reason, some poses work better with it colliding directly against G8M figure.

Cheers!

Dan

edited June 2018
    Luthbel said:
    ddyack said:

Hi @Luthbel,

Thanks!  

Hi ddyack,

You have a good assortment of adjustment morphs in actor/adjustments. I created those morphs to fix poke throughs after dforce simulations. It may fix a good amout of issues.

Also, be sure to double check the collision item of the outer tunic set. It may be set to collide against the inner tunic... but for some reason, some poses work better with it colliding directly against G8M figure.

Cheers!

Dan

Ah ok, great thanks!  I will look for those and check the collisions - really new here thanks again!

Post edited by ddyack on
    Luthbel said:
    ddyack said:

Hi @Luthbel,

Thanks!  

Hi ddyack,

Cheers!

Dan

Ok, playing with the morphs and setting the collisions to different levels fixed all my problems with much lower settings.  Really apreciate the help thank you!  This set is amazing!

You're welcome, glad to help :)

edited June 2018

Another question :)

Is there a way to turn off the dragon on the staff like these images?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151

If there isn't a hide utility just go into the surfaces tab and there should be a dragon in there and just bring the "cut out opacity" all the way to zero.  

RAMWolff said:

If there isn't a hide utility just go into the surfaces tab and there should be a dragon in there and just bring the "cut out opacity" all the way to zero.  

Awesome - thank you!

• CometsComets Posts: 87

Love this collection. I was thinking of doing something wizardly, LOTR style, but those clothes are sending me off to Winterhold instead. Brilliant work.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489

Probably my favorite wizard to date and I bought them all! Nice, nice job!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489
    Comets said:

Love this collection. I was thinking of doing something wizardly, LOTR style, but those clothes are sending me off to Winterhold instead. Brilliant work.

Thanks. The Luth family makes exclusively amazing stuff!

• ElorOnceDarkElorOnceDark Posts: 151

Any idea what might be happening here?  I'm using the Wise Wizard character, and the base clothes with a pose from the Wise Wizard pose pack, but when I run the cloth simulation, the top part of his torso pokes throught the tunic.

WW_TunicTrouble.jpg
    3440 x 1380 - 489K
  • ElorOnceDarkElorOnceDark Posts: 151

Ok, before this simulation, I had used the preset to load the entire outfit.  I tried it again, this time only loading the articles of clothing marked "Before dForce".  Now I'm not having that tunic poke-through issue.

Ok, before this simulation, I had used the preset to load the entire outfit.  I tried it again, this time only loading the articles of clothing marked "Before dForce".  Now I'm not having that tunic poke-through issue.

Great you found it. I hadn´t that issue in th e betatest phase. The wearable presets include the smooth mofifier settings pre-loaded so may cause less issues if any. In future sets,  I will include the wearables in the root clothing folder, and the separate clothes inside a child folder, to give preference to the wearables, if it makes sense.

• I've had a couple of sets where one item in the outfit wearables preset has beed set to Static rather than dynamic - I guess whoever did the final packaging had been draping in layers or something - so check that (in the general group in Parameters for the clothing item).