ULTIMATE Grass & Meadow Worldbuilder & Animated Add-on [Commercial]

PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039

Hey guys,

I finally completed this project, and it is due to be released soon. This will also be released with an animated add-on, to animate the grass patches ("iREAL Animated Add-on for ULTIMATE Grass & Meadow Worldbuilder"). Please let me know if you have any questions. As always, your comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

(Also, thanks again to all beta testers for your helpful suggestions and comments) 

Hope you really enjoy it, 

-P

DESCRIPTION:

3 billion effective polygons in one scene? Are you serious? And with hardly any slow-down in the viewport? How is that even possible? Indeed, it is possible!

Say hello to “ULTIMATE Grass and Meadow World Builder”---the most expansive and realistic grass construction kit to date. This package has everything: Grass patches (animatable), pre-built environments, terrain morph presets, 16k skydomes, outdoor light sets, 40+ material presets---even flying bees. And it is not only massive; it is also very low on resources, and easy to manipulate in the viewport. No super-computer needed!* 

Plus setup is easy. Simply load one of the thirty pre-built scenes, or build your own scene from scratch using the individual components and terrain morphs. Mix and match morphs to create your own custom terrains to re-scatter onto, or scatter the patches on others terrains in your library (PDF user-guide includes recommended scattering plugin and instructions on how instance without slowing viewport performance). This package is ideal for all users at all experience levels. Truly, this is the most versatile and complete grass world-builder for anyone looking to build vast fields of grass. Lookout VUE, here comes Daz Studio!

And yes, the grass is fully animatable! Simply drag the iREAL aniblocks (sold separately) onto the grass objects or bees, and press play. It’s that simple. Instant animated grass and bees!

PDF Manual Includes:
-Instancing without slowing viewport performance
-Recommended instancing plugin
-Loading terrain presets and pre-built scenes
-Making custom terrains using morph sliders
-Re-scattering grass on custom terrains
-Camera angle guide explanations
-Building your own scene from scratch
-Easy 1-2-3 setup instructions

*Recommended GPU: 970 or greater. For slower GPU’s, simply hide grass objects from view until ready to render.

*Recommended scatter plugin (for scattering on custom terrains): see PDF User Guide 

Promo + Tutorial Video:
<iframe allowFullScreen frameborder="0" height="564" mozallowfullscreen src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/265186447"; webkitAllowFullScreen width="640"></iframe>

https://vimeo.com/thephilosopher/ultimate-grass

01-main-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 695K
02-stone-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2000 x 800 - 1M
03-misty-morning-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2000 x 800 - 292K
04-hdri-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2000 x 800 - 809K
05-Cut-Grass-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 901K
06a-Color-Wheel-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
3000 x 1000 - 1M
06b-Angle-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 645K
07-Patch-Combinations-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2130 x 930 - 659K
08-patches-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2000 x 1000 - 658K
09-terrain-options-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
1920 x 1108 - 514K
10-Layout-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 506K
11-Morphs-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2000 x 1000 - 509K
12a-Material-Options-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2100 x 1200 - 831K
12b-Material-Options-Ground-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2600 x 1200 - 2M
12c-PreBuilt-Scenes-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2100 x 1200 - 765K
13-skydomes-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
1800 x 1800 - 690K
14-Lights-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2600 x 800 - 263K
15-Steps-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
2000 x 1200 - 738K
17-horse-grass-meadow-worldbuilder-daz3d.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 433K
Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

That looks just bloody good!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

That looks SOOOO GOOD! Wow! Very realistic looking grass. Most impressive. I'm looking forward to this product.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh my gosh you guys are going to LOVE this product.  Its incredibly realistic!

edited April 2018

Did you get to beta test it!? If so I'm so jealous! This looks like an amazing product.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Great work Philosopher, can't wait to get this, heck, I don't think I'll need to EVER renew my VUE licenses ever again wink.

The grass looks so real! I don't know how you add that many polys and that much realism to the grass without a huge hit to the render times - if you've managed to do that - BRAVO! I'm definitely planning on getting this.

I wonder if this technology could be used to make more realistic looking hair as well. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Brilliant! Can't wait ;)

Laurie

• CometsComets Posts: 87

Agreed, this is brilliant, definitely getting this. Man, 2 months ago I never thought I'd be excited about grass. This 3D art thing is weird. laugh

Does it come with a complimentary lawn mower?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

The promos look freakin amazing!! Love the morphing terrain option

As for the performance hype, remains to be seen. Good thing DAZ has a return policy

LOL, love the description "no super computer needed" and yet "Recommended GPU: 970 or greater", so basically Pascal (microarchitecture) or better. My 970 isn't feeling well right now knowing what's to come, I find if I get to a point that I can't navigate in the viewport, then I can forget about even trying to render,

• THIS IS AWESOME !!!!

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited April 2018

LOL, love the description "no super computer needed" and yet "Recommended GPU: 970 or greater", so basically Pascal (microarchitecture) or better. My 970 isn't feeling well right now knowing what's to come, I find if I get to a point that I can't navigate in the viewport, then I can forget about even trying to render,

@FSMCDesigns

I recommend a 970+ only for using Iray 100% of the time. For those on slower GPU's, they can simply build their scene with Iray turned off (texture-shaded mode has absolutely no viewport lag), and turn on Iray when ready to render.

Check out the tutorial video I linked to above. It shows how smooth the viewport is. yes

-P

Did you get to beta test it!? If so I'm so jealous! This looks like an amazing product.

Yes I did.  And yes, it is an amazing product lol.  I don't have a super computer either.  On my pc I used the texture mode to set things up but rendering was not an issue.  It really does look like real grass.  Has a TON of options as well.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

@###**!!!!   Another ##$&** thing I have to buy. 

Question - in the lawnchair and Pegasus shots, how are you avoiding having the grass blades poke-through the figures?  Is there a collision setting that can be set on specific areas, a preset to make bare patches or are you just using post work?

• Cybersox said:

@###**!!!!   Another ##$&** thing I have to buy. 

Question - in the lawnchair and Pegasus shots, how are you avoiding having the grass blades poke-through the figures?  Is there a collision setting that can be set on specific areas, a preset to make bare patches or are you just using post work?

@Cybersox

I didn't use any postwork or special setting to avoid the poke-through. I just loaded the objects/figures, moved them to the ground, and hit render. I think poke-through would be more of a concern for extreme closeups, or macro shots. But in these shots, its not as noticeable. There is still some poke-through present (if you look at the right base of the chair for example). But its not too noticeable since the camera is relatively far. It sort of blends in with everything else. So if you're not looking for it, you won't see it. 

-P 

@FSMCDesigns

I recommend a 970+ only for using Iray 100% of the time. For those on slower GPU's, they can simply build their scene with Iray turned off (texture-shaded mode has absolutely no viewport lag), and turn on Iray when ready to render.

Check out the tutorial video I linked to above. It shows how smooth the viewport is. yes

-P

Ah, gotcha and that makes sense. I definately plan to give this a shot, thanks for the reply!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well Edie & the Grassbuilder in the same month. I ain't got the budget! crying LOL, the grass will have to wait I'm afraid.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Errr, take my damn money.

So there is an aditional plugin required to get this to work? instancing is built into DS, confused

So there is an aditional plugin required to get this to work? instancing is built into DS, confused

No you don't have to have the plug in to use the product.  I have the plugin but I didn't use it. If you want to scatter a lot of stuff around it will make your life easier but this has so many options and full scenes, you could play with it for a long time without needing any plug ins.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Fuuu...! You have to be responsible for some of the most astonishingly beautiful products in the store and this continues that amazing trend!

Is there something similar coming in the future for water (or even tidal waves)? Your water system is fantastic for sheer realism, but seems more meant for cameras looking down at it, as opposed to aiming off over the horizon.

No you don't have to have the plug in to use the product.  I have the plugin but I didn't use it. If you want to scatter a lot of stuff around it will make your life easier but this has so many options and full scenes, you could play with it for a long time without needing any plug ins.

Thanks for the info. So is the plugin ultrascatter?

• I wonder if this technology could be used to make more realistic looking hair as well. 

I thought about that as well. I think there is some real potential here for hair/fur. Based on what I've learned so far, I think instancing can really change the landscape of many things in Daz Studio. 

-P

• Thanks for the info. So is the plugin ultrascatter?

It is a function already built in to Daz Studio. Some instancing plugins utlize it, some do not. As for what I recommend and used for this product, you'll have to read the PDF user-guide for that. wink

-P

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited April 2018

Is there something similar coming in the future for water (or even tidal waves)? Your water system is fantastic for sheer realism, but seems more meant for cameras looking down at it, as opposed to aiming off over the horizon.

@Xenomorphine

Yes, I'd like to do some work with water again, especially now that I know more about instancing. I've also been thinking of releasing an update to the oceans product as well (to be able to aim the camera off over the horizon).

-P 

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Wow! Just Wow. And yes please for an update on the Oceans for lower camera angles!

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

just watched the video. Does this product support smart content?surprise

• I have an (I think) totally awesome idea of how to use this product with the iREAL Animated Dust Particles, the EPIC Real 3D Lens Flare, Teen Princess Leila, and a bunch of dForce products in an animated clip, but I have grave suspicions that my poor computer would not be able to handle so much complete awesomeness all at once... I'll be lucky if my poor machine can grind out a still render, but until then I am living on in hope. ;) 

Love the look of this product so far!

• smiley Thanks guys for all your kind words of support. Hopefully you will all enjoy this product and get much use from it. And hopefully more developers will begin using instancing in this way and we will see more expansive scenes being created. DS is really more robust and powerful than many may realize. And I'm hoping this product will highlight that fact. 

-P

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2018

I am one of the lucky ones who beta-tested Ultimate Grass & Meadow.

That was hours of fun.

Waking up! is one of my first renders. Hope you like it.

just waking up.png
    731 x 974 - 1006K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132

Looks fab 

Looking forward to this !