V4 Elites Installation Help Needed...

I'm dumb.

I am struggling to get the V4 Elite Morphs to work correctly. I've tried EVERYTHING. Using the Install Manager, putting them in manually, using the Power Loader. NOTHING seems to be working.

I'm at my wit's end here. Can someone please assist me?!

Comments

• This https://www.daz3d.com/v4-elite-body-shapes ? You did install the Poser format base files, not just the DS files? And you isntalled to the same content directory as the Victoria 4.x Base?

• SeiginotoraSeiginotora Posts: 106

All there was was the Poser files, And I indeed install it in the same content directory. First thing I did was I clicked and dragged each file from the folder from the !DAZ/Victoria 4 folder to the main folder at first, then the Morph Injections in the proper Pose folder. I installed the Power Loader in the !DAZ/Victoria 4 folder in the same spot. But when I went to check to see if the morphs loaded, there was nothing. I tried installing it via the Install Manager after scrubbing my previous efforts, but that had the same result; nothing. I even used the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command file I had saved back and that did nothing either.

So yeah... I don't know what else to do at this point. I'm doing SOMETHING wrong but I don't know what it could be.

• So you are checking for the new sliders on the figure?

I did, yeah. Usually there would be an Elite subsection but there was none. I searched for the Elite-specific names in the search engine too, but it didn't pick up any signs.

• It does sound like an installation issue. Are you sure you haven't ended up with two different installs of Victoria 4, in different content directories?

I checked to make sure. There's older Victoria models there, but they're all in the same folder. I've never had an issue like this before and other morphs, like Aiko 4, Steph 4, the Creature Creator, etc. has never refused to work like the Elite morphs are right now. I'm positive that the older V4 models I have aren't the issue otherwise I'd have problems loading the previous morphs too. I don't know why it'd be doing this now with the Elite morphs.

• So you have, for example, \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4\BODY\00-ps_pe072_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2 in the content directory that holds the installed copy of the Victoria 4 figure?

I checked to make extra sure, and it turns out when I installed the files via the Install Manager it installed it in a separate folder altogether. So that particular file... 00-ps_pe072_DAZ_Chnnls.pz ... along with the other Elite morph files... were in this setup... /Users/Shared/My Daz 3D Library/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/Victoria 4/Body/00-ps_pe072_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2 .

I thought just adding that folder to my directory would be a fix and I went to try to load the morphs, but once again, nothing worked. They just won't do anything.

I have honestly no clue WHY this isn't working when all the other morphs I've used for all the other models have worked well. Why is it that it's just the V4 Elite morphs that aren't working?!

• All the ExP morph expansions for a figure must be in the same content directory as the base. You can add the content directory you are using to DIM and reinstall the product using that location - click the gear icon at top-right, go to the Installation tab, click + to add a directory. You can either select that as needed by clicking Show Details in the main DIM window and picking the path, or you can make that path the default in the Instalaltion tab by clicking the buttn for Current at the bottom.

Did as you said, made sure they were in there. Still didn't work.

Tried the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command... STILL DIDN'T WORK.

I don't know WHAT the hell's going on here! Did I get a bad .zip or something?! There's no possible explanation as to why the Elite morphs won't work! This is infuriating!!

• Not likely to be a bad zip if you are seeing the files. Are the ones with ps_pe072 now mixed in with the others in the /Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/Victoria 4 folders?

Yeah, they are. Right with the rest of the morphs, where they should be. So why won't they work when I try to load them onto the model?

• I don't know, this seems very odd.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Yeah, they are. Right with the rest of the morphs, where they should be. So why won't they work when I try to load them onto the model?

You're trying to load them on a newly loaded V4, not one from a saved scene?

Leana said:

You're trying to load them on a newly loaded V4, not one from a saved scene?

Yeah, I did try to load it from a saved V4 model.

Just now on a total whim I opened a clean V4 model and tried to add the Elite morphs. And sure enough, there they were.

¬.¬

Did I mention I'm dumb? All this needless drama trying to figure this out. Crazy. Anyhow... thanks for trying to help everyone. I'm gonna perhaps get stronger coffee so I can wake up better. :p

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Yeah, I did try to load it from a saved V4 model.

Just now on a total whim I opened a clean V4 model and tried to add the Elite morphs. And sure enough, there they were.

That's how the ExP morphs used in any Generation 4 figure works — the coding for the morph channels don't exist in any figure saved before the morphs were installed, they only exist in the original figure placed in your content folder by its DAZ installer.