The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I am pretty comfortable with 3D texturing. :down: The problem is that the wyvern's horns have some really horrible UV areas that simply refuse to obey me. And I can't apply blur for certain reasons because of what I'm working on there.

If you can't retopo the model you can copypasta the recalcitrant geometry, inflate the copied geometry, retopo and UV that and parent it to the offending geometr. If you can ;)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    If you have the cash, try taking a peek at Mari. Supposedly the best painting app available to the public (Having surpassed zBrush and Cinema 4D's BodyPaint which STILL does not support symmetrical painting!)
    Also what has been stated many times is to adjust something then render it quickly in your 3D app of choice. If the program allows refreshing of textures, you can have both open at once, do something in Photoshop to the texture then save, Alt-Tab over to the rendering program, refresh the texture, then hit render and it'll update to show the hcanges you made. Cinema can do this, but I'm not sure about Carrara and Poser.
    *edit* Another thing is if the program you're using to render supports loading layered images into texture channels (TGA, TIFF, PSD, etc) then you can keep them layered and draw bright solid colors on a separate layer to see how it matches up with the rest of the body when rendered. This works best in a painting app (C4D, 3DCoat, Blender, etc) where you can paint these "test lines" on the model, save the texture within the 3D app, then go to pohotshop and see where they line up and carefuly draw/paint the texture like that.

*nods* Agree with all that ;)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    If you have the cash, try taking a peek at Mari. Supposedly the best painting app available to the public (Having surpassed zBrush and Cinema 4D's BodyPaint which STILL does not support symmetrical painting!)

I tested Blacksmith's whateveritwas and BodyPaint (just closed the demo, as a matter of fact), and found those two unwieldy; ZBrush and I have some history, so it is right out for me. Currently waiting for Shade Standard 10 free edition order to process so I can test it too...

Also what has been stated many times is to adjust something then render it quickly in your 3D app of choice. If the program allows refreshing of textures, you can have both open at once, do something in Photoshop to the texture then save, Alt-Tab over to the rendering program, refresh the texture, then hit render and it'll update to show the hcanges you made. Cinema can do this, but I'm not sure about Carrara and Poser.

This is what I'm doing -- I got my multilayered .psd in Photoshop, save it as .jpg, refresh it in DAZ Studio, work on it more, save, refresh, etc.

*edit* Another thing is if the program you're using to render supports loading layered images into texture channels (TGA, TIFF, PSD, etc) then you can keep them layered and draw bright solid colors on a separate layer to see how it matches up with the rest of the body when rendered. This works best in a painting app (C4D, 3DCoat, Blender, etc) where you can paint these "test lines" on the model, save the texture within the 3D app, then go to pohotshop and see where they line up and carefuly draw/paint the texture like that.

I don't recall DS4 supporting .psds, which I think is pretty sad, 'cause that would be awesomesauce.

Current progress: I'm ubersurfacing the heck out of the wyvern. No lights, no bumps, just a quick basic area render around the horns. I want to give 'em scratches and dinges, because I figure that when you have to use (CLAWED!) feet or (CLAWED!) wings to scratch your head, you're bound to create some grooves there. As you can see, there are still areas where textures do not quite match, but that's fixable, and I finally manged to hammer at the worst offending UV line so I can try to load the wyvern into Photoshop again, and balance colors...

wyvernhorns.png
    779 x 365 - 245K
    edited December 1969

Looking good :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, if anyone is interested in exactly how depressing my poetry is, I've posted a free version of "Love, Dark and Frozen" on my Website.

You'll need the free MobiPocket Reader: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp?Language=EN

Then download http://www.woolyloach.com/LoveDarkAndFrozen.epub

..that should do it.

yoo haz a new kitchen. thaz cheering :)

True true, and I cooked all day too!

Bedtime, have to rest up before seeing the doc tomorrow. Take care,m everyone!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

This is what I'm doing -- I got my multilayered .psd in Photoshop, save it as .jpg, refresh it in DAZ Studio, work on it more, save, refresh, etc.

Cinema's BodyPaint is one of C4D's shortcomings I admit, along with Pyrocluster and Thinking Particles. Pyrocluster is a joke compared to the volumetric particle systems of Vue, Dpit Effex, and other similar apps and plugins. Thinking Particles similarly hasn't received any updates in ages. However, MAXON's general policy is to focus on one aspect of the program per major update rather than flinging new features left and right every update. 11.5 was rendering and stability, 12 was a MASSIVE physics and dynamics update, and 13 was rendering and character animation. 14 is rumored to be modeling, and while Cinema's modeling tools are fairly decent, a lot of folks prefer Modo to compliment Cinema instead of using C4D's tools. But that's off topic.
    Seems like a pretty clunky method to test textures. Cinema can read and write PSD files including layers, which is pretty handy.

edited December 1969

Dead chicken in a bag for lunch ;) Overcooked, so must be dead LOL! Poser Pro supports (flat) psd files, Studio doesn't for some reason but it does have the Layered Image Editor (tho I don't recall using it) ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

nothin like some 'mild' tikka masala to clear the ole sinuses

holy krakatoa batman

Robin wore green and yellow, but a robin has an orange chest
    ohh, Robin was a bishi boy, wasn't he?

:-/ where da LemonBlue?

...In Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns Robin was a Girl.

© DC Comics

Dark_night_robin.jpg
    522 x 601 - 27K
    edited December 1969

My cloud sim only had 20 frames to go when I left home *wonders if it is finished by now?*

edited December 1969

Back to work for me. Hey the fast reply option is a great improvement, at least for posting on my phone :)

edited July 2012

...y'know this day off in the middle of the week is pretty nice. Good way to recharge oneself.

I could get used to this "two days on Wednesday off two days on again and then it's the weekend" schedule.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735
    edited December 1969

holy krakatoa batman

lost in tropes again bishie sparkles
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BishieSparkle

cat smile
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CatSmile

I do not think LemonBlue has posted since the new forum went up.

edited December 1969

I found Doctor Creampuff dead when I returned home from work tonight.

edited December 1969

Erk. :( I'm sorry. :(

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Erk. :( I'm sorry. :(

I can see Gabrielle and Miss Cupcake. they appear to be playing.

If I am right about Gabrielle's sex, that means the only male cat I have is Micah and he is already neutered. Unless one of the female kitties decide to run off for a night and then come back, there will be no more kittens from these kitties.

edited December 1969

Yes, but you still want to get them spayed. Because three female cats, all yowling in heat? Will drive anyone bonkers.

edited December 1969

*hugs* Not your fault, new life is sometimes precarious at best.

edited December 1969

...awww geeez,
    edited July 2012

..."poppa, light the sky on fire!"

[a young Leela Groznek to her late father who was one of Europe's most renowned pyrotechnicians.]

Just got back from the downtown waterfront show. Pretty spectacular. Seems every year they get something new to add.

Crowd was a real crush though especially trying to leave as more people were streaming off the bridge to the surface streets below than usual. I usually walk my bike across the Hawthorne Bridge viaduct to avoid the "automotive and pedestrian mosh pit" on the streets leading from the site and the possibility of having to wait for a train as well (the area is mostly small industrial and warehouse). It is also a much safer walk as the bridge well lit and closed to vehicular traffic during and shortly after the show.

Glad I didn't take the bus. There must have been at least two busloads of people waiting at the first bus stop I passed and with the bridge shut down, buses were being detoured so it looked like those folks were in for a long wait (especially with service on holiday schedules).

Earlier in the day ended up having a late lunch of a a big ol' hand made sloppy burger and huge basket of had cut fries while on the ave shopping which pretty much satisfied me for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Stopped at my usual spot for a couple pints before heading home to drop off the groceries and get ready for the fireworks.

All in all, a very fine holiday. Hope everyone had an an enjoyable one as well.

Well it's almost 12 so have to go. 6:30 am will come all too quickly.

nitey nite.

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited July 2012

Cloud sim finished, 505 odd frames took 6 and a bit days to render. Doesn't look too great. Ah well, back to da node editor ;)

pic00401.jpg
    800 x 335 - 13K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

The wyvern 2.0 needs a skin like this. And maybe some morphs+props to make her look like this one too.

handomewyvern.jpg
    600 x 478 - 63K
    edited December 1969

A kinda east meets west draggy :)

edited July 2012

wow what a day. Or rather afternoon.

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

holy krakatoa batman

...In Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns Robin was a Girl.

© DC Comics

a girl robin armed with a slingshot :lol: omg, guess it was hi-tech at the time?

edited December 1969

i don't know if i have wyvern 1 or 2.

it feels like a Monday. hots and muggy out. i left the a/c on for my doggie. spent some time last night brushing out his undercoat, he fell asleep, how's that for relaxed, lol. or he just tuckered himself out trying to bite the brush. he won't let me trim his talons. it's embarrassing already. but 70lbs of dog says 'no trim the talons'.

egads, it's not even 9:am yet.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

(Chorus.)
    A wizard's staff has a knob on the end, knob on the end, knob on the end
    A wizard's staff has a knob on the ennndddd!
    What he does with it is magic!

A wizard's staff has a knob on the end
    And runes run up the shaft
    It's long and proud and stiff and loud
    It's the pride of wizardcraft.

(Chorus.)

Some are made from thinking wood
    With a sapient pair you'd be out to there
    And you'd go blind, yes you would.

(Chorus.)

That looks like a silver nut
    If you start to bleat when he's taken your seat
    He'll crack it up your butt.

(Chorus.)

And the odd frog knows it's true
    When your staff has a bend then the spell you send
    Can fly right back at you.

edited December 1969

a kender's hoopak has a slingshot on the end.

The weet-weet is tech that is ancient beyond comprehension, in use for perhaps 40 000 years. Kinda takes your breath away

edited July 2012

gatorade on ice. avec de sheeps

Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.