Skin Builder for Genesis 3 Male

I've got the one for Genesis 3 female and it's one of my favorite products but I'm disappointed that there's not one for male characters :(

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

1st you should wait and buy the same product when it comes out for G8F, again no G8M.

You build instead a female skin & use this product: 

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

Also I think you can build it for a female G8F and then use the Map Transfer Utility to transfer the textures so they work with G8M, but I am not sure. Hope someone that knows for sure can come along & say.

Also, ask the Skin Builder author if one can add their own basis skin texture sets and such to the Skin Builder product for that you can expand the different types of skin types you can build. Example, you made your own basic set of skin textures and you want to add them to Skin Builder as a set that can be used as well as they ones that come with Skin Builder. Can you do that?

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

The first step in Skin Builder involves creating the base skin (colour and something else I forget now), and subequent steps involve adding overlays (freckles, veins, moles, make-up and all the rest). I think I've only ever done it this way, but as far as I know those subsequent steps can be applied to existing characters too - your own or those in the store. So no, you can't add your own skins to Skin Builder as an asset that can be used by the program, but you can certainly use your own skin as a base.

I'm in the throes of painting/decorating and decluttering at the moment, but intended to experiment with something like this later anyway if I can get two spare minutes to string together. I will let you know if I'm wrong about SB3 or if the experiments reveal anything new/useful.

The first step in Skin Builder involves creating the base skin (colour and something else I forget now), and subequent steps involve adding overlays (freckles, veins, moles, make-up and all the rest). I think I've only ever done it this way, but as far as I know those subsequent steps can be applied to existing characters too - your own or those in the store. So no, you can't add your own skins to Skin Builder as an asset that can be used by the program, but you can certainly use your own skin as a base.

I'm in the throes of painting/decorating and decluttering at the moment, but intended to experiment with something like this later anyway if I can get two spare minutes to string together. I will let you know if I'm wrong about SB3 or if the experiments reveal anything new/useful.

I don't understand the difference between:

"So no, you can't add your own skins to Skin Builder as an asset that can be used by the program, but you can certainly use your own skin as a base."

Isn't the only difference the words, asset and base, for both one wants to use the new supplied texture(s), whether one calls it an asset or one calls it a base, to create new unique skin texture sets? Thanks for clearing that up.

I suppose one could write someDAZ Script functions that copy over the various sets of supplied textures and maps in place of the Skin Build supplied ones according to a radio dial or someother UI selection, of course keeping the originals for restoration via a UI / copy method too. The new supplied textures & maps would need to follow the same UV layout and scale conventions as the maps & textures being replaced.

What I'd like confirmation of is can one use this Map Transfer Utility to transfer texture sets back and forth between G8F and G8M?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

"So no, you can't add your own skins to Skin Builder as an asset that can be used by the program, but you can certainly use your own skin as a base."

Isn't the only difference the words, asset and base, for both one wants to use the new supplied texture(s), whether one calls it an asset or one calls it a base, to create new unique skin texture sets? Thanks for clearing that up.

because SB3 is an MR and adding existing commercial skins to the program to alter that might end up in a commercial product is a big no-no. he could have easily left out the ability to alter existing skins for personal use, but that would have limited it's use. this way he is covering hi legal butt so to speak.

because SB3 is an MR and adding existing commercial skins to the program to alter that might end up in a commercial product is a big no-no. he could have easily left out the ability to alter existing skins for personal use, but that would have limited it's use. this way he is covering hi legal butt so to speak.

Who said anything about adding commercial skins? One can create and add their own skins, the combinatorics Skin Builder uses is still helpful if one wants to create a layered approach to building skin.