Corrected V4 UV for Genesis

2»

Comments

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    bringho said:

< snip >

A few times I have had the problem that not all files copy correctly into My Library, not by DLM that I know but when I copy the files by hand from the zip archive (in my case non-Daz products).
    I guess you've already uninstalled, delete the install file, download again and reinstall with the DL Manager?
    What's the size of the file: My Library/data/Daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/bringho/Victoria 4 UV Corrected/Manually Insert Correction.dsf?

Thank you for continuing to work with me to resolve this. I originally installed with the DIM. I uninstalled the product with the DIM. I downloaded the zip file again from DAZ. This time I manually installed the files. It still crashes for me in exactly the same way. Here is a screen shot of the file size information.

The file size is correct.

I honestly can't see what would be the problem with my product as of right now. I'd say that it something with Daz Studio.

My next step would probably be to uninstall and reinstall Daz Studio to see if that changes anything.

Though I can't think of if and how it would affect anything, my next move would probably be to rebuild the metadata database.

Or maybe the other way around... But rebuilding my metadata database would take forever so I'd probably try the app fist.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited December 1969

bringho said:
    barbult said:
    bringho said:

< snip >

A few times I have had the problem that not all files copy correctly into My Library, not by DLM that I know but when I copy the files by hand from the zip archive (in my case non-Daz products).
    I guess you've already uninstalled, delete the install file, download again and reinstall with the DL Manager?
    What's the size of the file: My Library/data/Daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/bringho/Victoria 4 UV Corrected/Manually Insert Correction.dsf?

Thank you for continuing to work with me to resolve this. I originally installed with the DIM. I uninstalled the product with the DIM. I downloaded the zip file again from DAZ. This time I manually installed the files. It still crashes for me in exactly the same way. Here is a screen shot of the file size information.

The file size is correct.

I honestly can't see what would be the problem with my product as of right now. I'd say that it something with Daz Studio.

My next step would probably be to uninstall and reinstall Daz Studio to see if that changes anything.

Though I can't think of if and how it would affect anything, my next move would probably be to rebuild the metadata database.

Or maybe the other way around... But rebuilding my metadata database would take forever so I'd probably try the app fist.
    At this point, I'm going to leave well enough alone. I don't want to reinstall DS or rebuild metadata. Like you, I don't see how metadata could have anything to do with this. I don't really need to click that gear, I guess, so I won't. I wrote a bug report when I discovered the problem. Maybe DAZ support will have an answer about a DS bug. But since others can't reproduce it, I doubt that will happen. Thanks for your help here in the forum. It is a nice product and the price was great, too.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Showing my ignorance here, but... What does this actually DO? I use the v4 UV all the time and I don't notice any issues!

edited December 1969

Is there going to be an M4 version by any chance? o.o

EDIT: 900th post! :3

Though the thought has crossed my mind I did not think it would make much of a difference since he seldom wear colourful make up ;p

I've had a first look at M4 earlier today.

First impression is that though the uv will certainly benefit from a correction the part that needs the most attention is the eyes open and close morphs and the mouth size.

I'll have a closer look as soon as I am finished with my current product =)

edited July 2013

Showing my ignorance here, but... What does this actually DO? I use the v4 UV all the time and I don't notice any issues!

Sometimes an image say more than a thousand words.

EDITED I had to click the image to see the animated png's (Firefox 22.0)

corvena.png
    617 x 595 - 1M
    sofia.png
    511 x 439 - 611K
    Post edited by bringho on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

bringho said:

Sometimes an image say more than a thousand words.

EDITED I had to click the image to see the animated png's (Firefox 22.0)
    Just a heads up for Chrome users. Animated PNG's won't work without a separate plugin.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited July 2013

A few side by sides....

spirit-fog-vs-spirit-fog.jpg
    1000 x 520 - 170K
    Leyla-vs-Leyla.jpg
    1000 x 475 - 173K
    cat-vs-cat.jpg
    1000 x 475 - 187K
    brows.jpg
    488 x 196 - 52K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

So is there any way to fix the problems on the body (esp. collar, elbows, knees, and crotch/inner thigh)? Because these actually stand out more to me than the facial issues (which nonetheless I DEFINITELY notice)

edited December 1969

SO are there AT THE VERY LEAST some seam guides for Genesis's V4 and M4 UV maps?

edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    So is there any way to fix the problems on the body (esp. collar, elbows, knees, and crotch/inner thigh)? Because these actually stand out more to me than the facial issues (which nonetheless I DEFINITELY notice)

It's absolutely possible to correct many of the errors on the body, especially those away from the seams...
    Issues depending on the moved seams are a different story, then its most a matter of how to minimize the unavoidable stretching.

On the body I first noticed the knees but found it difficult to correct because of the seam movement in that area.

edited December 1969

Okay, then how? I've seen people mention 2D image editting fixes and morph fixes... I haven't seen any description of how the latter might be done so far, though...

edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    Okay, then how? I've seen people mention 2D image editting fixes and morph fixes... I haven't seen any description of how the latter might be done so far, though...

Simplest - in my opinion - would be to correct the uv map the same way I corrected the face.

I'm currently in the midst of a new product but may have another look at the body when that one is finished.

edited December 1969

??? O______O That's SIMPLE....? O_O You said the knees were impossible for you to do...
    Although maybe you could at least make one with the collar and elbows corrected? I'd pay for just that. I'm tired of the collar being in the middle of the neck...

edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    ??? O______O That's SIMPLE....? O_O You said the knees were impossible for you to do...
    Although maybe you could at least make one with the collar and elbows corrected? I'd pay for just that. I'm tired of the collar being in the middle of the neck...

To get the knee in the right position will work. The problem is the stretching that will appear due to the change of the moved seam. So it is a matter of balance, the knee is where it is on the current V4 uv map for Genesis because of a number of reasons (I'd rather not speculate in why the creator did make the decisions he/she(?) did) and I'm able to make it better but there will be other trade off's...

The collar bones (if that's what we are talking about) should be fine, the stretching in that area depends on the moved seam below the jaw/chin and that's (relatively speaking) quite some distance away from the collar bones.

I don't anticipate any particular problem with stretching around the elbow area ;-)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

I'm still curious as to whether or not there will be an M4 version.

edited December 1969

No definite answer from me on that one as of right now.

Looking into it is on the to do list.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

bringho said:

No definite answer from me on that one as of right now.

Looking into it is on the to do list.

Good to hear. :)