Is there an accurate method of putting a Genesis 8 figure into a T-pose for Unity?

Hi,

I'm using Daz Studio Genesis 8 characters for a Unity project in order to create immersive scenes that the participant can interact with.  I've got a fairly decent workflow going to work with the characters, using special shaders for double-sided materials and hair, and everything's looking fantastic!

However, I'm having issues when it comes to animating the characters, as Unity Mecanim isn't putting the characters into an exact T-pose when I use the humanoid rig.  Instead, it looks like the legs a spread apart a little, and the toes point outwards.  This has a knock-on effect when it comes to using animations from the Unity asset store, as the rotations of these joints are effectively offset.  I can correct the pose manually to make it look better, but it's still not quite right.

So my question is, is there anywhere that I can get a pose preset that sets the character to Unity's required T-pose? If not, then is there any information available as to how much I need to rotate each joint to get it to this correct pose when I'm configuring the avatar within Unity?

Thanks!

Lee.

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 7,228
    edited April 18

Select Left shoulder: Bend, 45.61

Select Right shoulder: Bend, -45.61

Select Left Thigh: Side-side, -6

Select Right Thigh: Side-side, 6

Edit,

then save it as a pose preset.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • noprornopror Posts: 4

nicstt

You're great, man

• Dave230Dave230 Posts: 266
    edited November 6

I think that should be 45 degrees.  One half of a T-pose is logically 45, but some people tend to over-correct it because some Genesis 8 bones are slightly shorter, so the two figures fingernails don't overlap perfectly.  They should at least be pointing in the same direction though, straight out at 90 degrees.

Post edited by Dave230 on