saving presets without embedding geometry?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

ds won't let me save her as a character preset with eyelashes and eyebrows,
i'm concerned to use scene subset,
cause of i've found it sometimes puts geometry in the file and i don't know what triggers it.

What is the legal way to save a character preset with conformed or parented items?

what wou;d be the proper way to save a room preset without embedding the geometry in the duf file?

Thanks!!smiley

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

AFAIK a scene subset should not embed geometry unless there's no saved asset to reference, for example if it contains a figure using a morph loaded by morph loader and not saved as a morph asset, or an imported obj; and probably also autofitted clothes or items modified with the geometry editor.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

oh,  i dont think the eyebrows come with any support morphs? it's always autofit? 

TY!

• AutoFit items are not saved as assets (they are converted from the original assets) so those will be embedded unless you save them as assets yourself befroe saving the preset or scene.

cant believe is so difficult to save a character preset with the eyelashes and eyebrows.

also have to make sure if someone saves a preset from the preset, it doesn't create "duplicates"

the Pastel Brocade for Rosemill Moor has a preset with the textures applied.

the room is full of figures.

What is the legal way to save a Full Load Preset with my custom textures applied?

character preset won't work for that.

frown

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Scene Subset is the only way to save a character with skin plus hair and outfit and NOT save any geometry.  The scene subset simply tells DS where to find all the content and textures.

• Mattymanx said:

Scene Subset is the only way to save a character with skin plus hair and outfit and NOT save any geometry.  The scene subset simply tells DS where to find all the content and textures.

Even then, all geometry and morpsh must be saved as assets or they will be embedded in the file. DS will not create the Auto_Converted or Auto_Adapted assets anymore.

Mattymanx said:

Even then, all geometry and morpsh must be saved as assets or they will be embedded in the file. DS will not create the Auto_Converted or Auto_Adapted assets anymore.

so to be safe i'd have to make eyelashes from scratch to keep a preset legal?

mebbe lamh eyelashes smiley

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited April 2018
    Mattymanx said:

I was assuming the presets the op wanted to create were from content they purchased.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Mistara said:
    Mattymanx said:

so to be safe i'd have to make eyelashes from scratch to keep a preset legal?

mebbe lamh eyelashes smiley

Yes, if you want to use lashes on a figure that doesn't have them you will need to create your own if you want to distribute the result.

figures like Genesis 8.

edited April 2018
    Mistara said:

figures like Genesis 8.

So basically you want to save a G8 character using G8 eyebrows and G8 eyelashes?

Did you create any custom morph for either of those items, or do you only use custom textures and dialing existing morphs?

If it's only custom texture and existing morph dial values, then scene subset won't reference any geometry.

If you have any custom morph then you need to save it as morph asset first, and then save the subset so that it references the custom morphs asset.

Post edited by Leana on
    Mistara said:

oh,  i dont think the eyebrows come with any support morphs? it's always autofit?

When I said "autofitted" I meant for example an item for G3 that you would have fitted to G8, not a G8 item which would have adjusted automatically to an unsupported G8 morph (that would be autofollow, not autofit).
    I don't think any morph data is saved in the scene subset for autogenerated morphs, except probably the dial value if you changed it from default.

thanks Leana smiley

it looks like the original g8f duf file is calling the eyelashes with a script. 
    a script also calls that version warning message

are the lashes and eyebrows using the Dforce by any chance?
    i don't understand how dForce has changed the rules.

i can load the eyebrows and lashes in carrara, they follow the pose controls but dont auto-follow the morphs.

G8 was released before dForce. Eyelashes might be geografted though, and from memory that doesn't play well with Carrara.

eyelashes are a conforming figure.  have their own eye moisture. 

little planes.  

i think it was Miki 4 had modeled eyelashes

yeah, geografts are a bit of work to use in carrara. 
    devil i convert them to conforming, hide the polys in the way..
    geo-bandaids are another option, a bit more work.