Which Models are the Most Anatomically Correct?

Hello all! Which male and female models are considered the most anatomically correct? I would like to use more posed Daz models for illustrations, but keep hearing that the Daz models are to inaccurate to use as good anatomically correct reference.

Does anyone have a suggestions of comments about this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I tend to think Mei Lin and Lee are the most realistic since they don’t go overboard with chest size and long legs... 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818

I would say the base models are idealised but not anatomically incorrect

just the free starter essentials would be fine I imagine 

people vary a lot in shape size and features there is no real correct shape just averages 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I agree, the G8M & G8F are the most anatomically correctly average (for a 20 something) in the developed nations but you'll want a Pro bundle of one DAZ Original G8F female & G8M Male for the anatomical elements (genitalia in English) and the textures that go with them. Since the base G8F & G8M are missing anatomical elements textures for some reason, you'll have to use G8 anatomical elements textures from other DAZ Store products for G8. Victoria 8 and Michael 8 are considered the most current DAZ 3D flagship 3D human models but there are others to choose from.

Since anatomy for drawing includes drawing well defined musculature and such as well as average, I'd also recommend the DAZ Originals G8M / G8F head morphs, body morphs, and face expressions. That is 3 products each for the G8M & G8F for a total of 6 products.

Altogether, not on sale that cost would be about $400 for all those products. 

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    The reason they're not anatomically correct is you don't get the muscle movement and weight redistribution and squish and such with them that you do with a moving human. Not so much to do with shape.
    The reason they're not anatomically correct is you don't get the muscle movement and weight redistribution and squish and such with them that you do with a moving human. Not so much to do with shape.

Well that's true, they are really only good for a lot of standing poses and some other poses when the angle is correct. As far as the female breasts and male genitalia being situated for the pose you have them in forget it. The OP won't be able to morph with a lot of fat on them for many poses because the fat won't be situated correctly. Facial expressions are very limited too. 

$400 is a lot of money and you could buy some mighty fine anatomy for artist books and really fine traditional art media supplies with $400.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307

Well that's true, they are really only good for a lot of standing poses and some other poses when the angle is correct. ... $400 is a lot of money 

In that case, V4 bundle with Morph++, V4 Elite Shapes, and She Freak are in Freebies right now if the OP is new to Daz Studio.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

Well that's true, they are really only good for a lot of standing poses and some other poses when the angle is correct. As far as the female breasts and male genitalia being situated for the pose you have them in forget it. The OP won't be able to morph with a lot of fat on them for many poses because the fat won't be situated correctly. Facial expressions are very limited too. 

$400 is a lot of money and you could buy some mighty fine anatomy for artist books and really fine traditional art media supplies with $400.

...but if you don't have the basic aptitude to draw a straight line and visualise a 3D world on a 2D surface, it's 400$ wasted.

Oh, and there are utilities available that deal with breast/butt movement and "squish" factor along with DFormers.

kyoto kid said:

...but if you don't have the basic aptitude to draw a straight line and visualise a 3D world on a 2D surface, it's 400$ wasted.

Oh, and there are utilities available that deal with breast/butt movement and "squish" factor along with DFormers.

My oldest brother is a natural artist he can draw & old paint likenesses of people that are excellent while I must use FaceGen nowadays. He also can do things like chisel the Last Supper in copper. Myself I got decent at drawing & painting for a few years (and have lost that 'self-training' through inactivity of using it) but it took hundreds of hours of drawing on notepads with #2 pencils from comic books but I do admit they were good, although natural born artists still exceed me when they put in equivalent work.

edited April 2018

...pretty much one of those "naturals" as I've been drawing and painting ever since my early years. Even took a stab at ceramics and classic cel/flat animation.  Of course I'm sure you've heard the story of why I had to put down my pencils, brushes, conte' crayons and oil pastels which led me to 3D CG.  Sometimes I find my lifetime background more of a bane than help as I still think in terms of visualising the 3D world in a 2D medium and approach 3D works as if I still had a canvas and paints rather then meshes and textures (part of the reason I'm not totally taken in by photo realism). 

Some people with a good amount of effort, can become pretty good, and there are those for whom it just never seems to click no matter how hard one tries and how much time is devoted to it. .It is like any field endeavour be it artistic, business, athletics, or scientific/technical.  For example, if everybody had the natural aptitude to write code, we'd have a glut of programmers.  Same goes for any occupation.

...but I digress.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

...pretty much one of those "naturals" as I've been drawing and painting ever since my early years. Even took a stab at ceramics and classic cel/flat animation.  Of course I'm sure you've heard the story of why I had to put down my pencils, brushes, conte' crayons and oil pastels which led me to 3D CG.  Sometimes I find my lifetime background more of a bane than help as I still think in terms of visualising the 3D world in a 2D medium and approach 3D works as if I still had a canvas and paints rather then meshes and textures (part of the reason I'm not totally taken in by photo realism). 

Some people with a good amount of effort, can become pretty good, and there are those for whom it just never seems to click no matter how hard one tries and how much time is devoted to it. .It is like any field endeavour be it artistic, business, athletics, or scientific/technical.  For example, if everybody had the natural aptitude to write code, we'd have a glut of programmers.  Same goes for any occupation.

...but I digress.

I've heard yes, that is too bad. Maybe they will figure out a treatment for that that lets you resume art. I sometimes get really achy but in my case I know that it relates directly to some species of mold and fungus spores and to barometric pressure and it's not so bad that I can't ignore it so I do and it goes away soon enough.

..well there are meds but the side effects far outweigh the benefits.  Wonderful, I may not ache any more but I'm dealing with severe nausea on a daily basis, or am listless everyday, or the meds I'm on are bad for the heart and/or brain (which at my age definitely not good).  For me it's not just the joints and tendons but the bones as well. When the person reviewing my case saw all the x-rays and test evaluations, she put me on SS disability, NQA.

I also pretty much gave up all my traditional art supplies a while back and would have to buy everything all over again so considering the investment I've put into CG art, I'm in in for the end run.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i was totally surprised to see the modeled detail in G3F's anatomical geometry.  There is more detail than only a crease.

I almost hadn't bothered downloading it.

and G8F is the same extra detail. may even be the exact mesh as G3F.

• The reason they're not anatomically correct is you don't get the muscle movement and weight redistribution and squish and such with them that you do with a moving human. Not so much to do with shape.

This has been my primary consern and observation from the models I have posed and send to other applications for rendering. I can get a reasonalbly decent pose, but its the deformations that get a little wacky.

• Mistara said:

i was totally surprised to see the modeled detail in G3F's anatomical geometry.  There is more detail than only a crease.

Would you mind posting a link to those assests? I can't seem to filter down my selections and find those freebies. Thank you!

• kyoto kid said:

...but I digress.

I've heard yes, that is too bad. Maybe they will figure out a treatment for that that lets you resume art. I sometimes get really achy but in my case I know that it relates directly to some species of mold and fungus spores and to barometric pressure and it's not so bad that I can't ignore it so I do and it goes away soon enough.

Sorry to hear it, I can imagine how frustrating this must be. Good luck!

• Wahil said:

Well that's true, they are really only good for a lot of standing poses and some other poses when the angle is correct. ... $400 is a lot of money 

In that case, V4 bundle with Morph++, V4 Elite Shapes, and She Freak are in Freebies right now if the OP is new to Daz Studio.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll be sure to check out those options. Thank you!

edited April 2018
    Mistara said:

Would you mind posting a link to those assests? I can't seem to filter down my selections and find those freebies. Thank you!

is included with the female pro bundles, the grown up ones, teen josie pro bundle doesn't include it.
    For G8F, i bought the Alexandra Pro Bundle.

if you bought a pro bundle, you'd find the g8f anatomy at this link
    https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_42079

Post edited by Mistara on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:

is included with the female pro bundles, the grown up ones, teen josie pro bundle doesn't include it.

I think their is some confusion due to DAZlingo

Anatomical Elements is DAZspeak for genitals which on DAZpeople is an additional addon

Anatomy for the rest of the world means physique cheeky

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    Mistara said:

It is the same mesh. Also for G3M and G8M their anatomical elements are identical.

th3Digit said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:

Anatomical Elements is DAZspeak for genitals which on DAZpeople is an additional addon

ohhh, we aren't talking about cinnamon toast-ed vegemite sammiches?  dohh

Havos said:
    Mistara said:

It is the same mesh. Also for G3M and G8M their anatomical elements are identical.

morph compatibilitysmiley

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    th3Digit said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:

Actually not accorrding to the web

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/anatomically-correct

I was wondering what everyone was talking about in this thread after the original post, LOL