Adding things to Smart Content

Is there a way to add things yourself to Smart Content that doesn't show up there? 

Comments

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Is there a way to add things yourself to Smart Content that doesn't show up there? 

Yes.  There are some good tutorials on YouTube but let me see if I can summarize the process for you.  This is how I have added a lot of Third Party content and also my own presets to show up in Smart Content:

1. Set item Compatibilty mode
    2. Set item category
    3. Create a New Product from items
    4. Edit Metadata for New Product
    5. Assign store ID/token, category, compatibility
    6. Create thumbnail for new product

Hope this helps.

• Yes, you can. I do it quite regularly, although it can be a bit daunting. There's some documentation on it here. Essentially you have to create a Product from the runtime folder and categorize the contents. Renomista also made a video on it, which is here.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Thanks. I tried to just associate Cookie to a product for her and it asked if I want to overwrite the file and I was afraid to in case there are upgrades (although doubtful for Cookie...) Is it OK to overwrite it?

• Is that because you used the Product name "Cookie" when one already exists? I seem to recall that if the product exists it asks you if you want to add the assets to the Product. Did it say that? I would probably name the product Cookie + something else and keep it as separate product rather than interfere with an official product.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Is that because you used the Product name "Cookie" when one already exists? I seem to recall that if the product exists it asks you if you want to add the assets to the Product. Did it say that? I would probably name the product Cookie + something else and keep it as separate product rather than interfere with an official product.

No, it was an outfit for Cookie that I wanted to associate with Cookie. Basically, I want to be able to have Cookie in the scene and set it up so it shows everything compatible with her like it does with all Genesis products... When I put Cookie as an association or compatibility, I forgot what it was called, it asked if I wanted to overwrite it. 

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Is that because you used the Product name "Cookie" when one already exists? I seem to recall that if the product exists it asks you if you want to add the assets to the Product. Did it say that? I would probably name the product Cookie + something else and keep it as separate product rather than interfere with an official product.

No, it was an outfit for Cookie that I wanted to associate with Cookie. Basically, I want to be able to have Cookie in the scene and set it up so it shows everything compatible with her like it does with all Genesis products... When I put Cookie as an association or compatibility, I forgot what it was called, it asked if I wanted to overwrite it. 

The product name has nothing to do with the compatibility.  You will actually set that up using the Metadata.   So you should just create the clothing items as new product called Cookie Clothes or what ever.  Then make sure each item is set to compatibility with Cookie character.  Once she is loaded into scene, when you select hair or other items based on context it will show up.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

are you trying to edit a "Lost and Found" metadata'd item so it'll show with cookie, or is it a product you have downloaded elsewhere that has no metadata and you want it to show in smart content and be associated with your already installed Cookie? 

If so, PM me - I have a small tutorial that will help.  (easier to send via email)