IRAY GPU render solutions?

They really need to come up with a script or something, so if you render a large scene using IRAY, that it breaks the scene down into blocks and renders it bit by bit using the graphics card full abilities.

I know that 3Delight had the capability to render from top to bottom, or from the center out, etc...

This falling back to the CPU is maddening...

No group scenes using GPU with IRAY...

UGH

JD

Comments

• I don't believe Iray works like that - it neds the full scene mesh as it needs to be able to follow the path of the light around the scene as it bounces. Even with 3Delight, I don't bvelieve that the buckets meant the scene was being processed in bits - again, things like reflections and SSS require access to all of the scene data.

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687

If you need to render a lot of large scenes then it might be worth looking at Octanerender, which I believe can use the system RAM to relieve the load on GPU memory (though it's lot more expensive than Daz Studio iray).  I haven't used it, but there is some info on the next upcoming versionhere:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/240111/octane-4-with-ai-features/p1

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...I'd wait on Octane until the release of version 4 which will make it more affordable as there will be a subscription tier for 20$ per month. A lot easier to handle if you are on a tight budget.