The next Genesis 8 character?

2»

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited April 2018

So Girl 8, Kaylee 8, Mika 8, Mei Lin 8, & Edie 8 are the known characters not released with fits.

And having a Mei Lin 8 & Girl 8 pretty much promises a Lee 8 & a Guy 8 even though no fits have been seen for them.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,568
    NoahLGP said:

I regret Genesis 3 and 8 abandoned the realistic textures, it gave additional details which made the figures be unique.

How do you mean?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

So, what, we're going to get a major Genesis 8 character every two weeks for the next two years? Guess I'll have to be more selective about them if I ever want to get anything else. It would also be just too much stuff to put to good use (assuming Pro Bundles) at that pace.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited April 2018

So Girl 8, Kaylee 8, Mika 8, Mei Lin 8, & Edie 8 are the known characters not released with fits.

And having a Mei Lin 8 & Girl 8 pretty much promises a Lee 8 & a Guy 8 even though no fits have been seen for them.

I guess I missed spotting one - which item has the Mei Lin 8 fit?

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    NoahLGP said:

I regret Genesis 3 and 8 abandoned the realistic textures, it gave additional details which made the figures be unique.

How do you mean?

They probably notice the trend that they look like wax figures. Wax figures are pretty cool in museums, but I'm not really down with owning them. The later G3 characters crush nearly every G8 in realism. It may be the promo pics, the promos have been terribad this generation. But its more. These characters need work to look human. Their skin lacks detail. There are no skin pores. Peggy looks ok, except she has the skin profile of child. No adult has skin like Peggy, unless they have never been outside and never work. The best looking characters in G8 do not belong to Daz Originals. There are some exceptions, but they are not the norm. Considering this is Daz Studio's own official stuff, I expect better.
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited April 2018

It was a long time back -- a hair, as I recall, but I can't recall which one. It's been quite a few months.

EDIT: Bedhead hair included (and apparently still has) morphs listed for "Mei Lin 7 and 8". According to the readme, Bedhead hair was released November 15, 2017, so it's been a minute, and then some.

While Mei Lin 8 can be reasonably assumed to bring Lee 8 in her wake, Girl 8 isn't guaranteed to bring Guy 8 along for the ride. Mika 8 is the only theoretical repeat of a figure introduced with Genesis 3 to date.

Girl 5 didn't technically exist (there was a Girl 4 shape for Genesis, but not a Girl 5 shape as such) so Guy 5 didn't exist either. Girl 6 did exist but Guy 6 did not, and Girl 4 didn't have an official Daz-produced partner -- Guy 4 Michael 4 was a PA product until just before Guy 7 appeared. Presumably there was a buyout, and Guy 4 has now been buried somewhere deep under Dazneyland. He pixellates with the fishies. He renders with the choir invisible. He is an Ex-Guy.

In any event: since The Girl has been unpaired more often than not, Guy 7 is no guarantee of Guy 8. After all, Kenji 8 hasn't appeared yet either, but Aiko came around three major releases ago. I hope there's a Guy 8, if he's as good as Guy 7, but I don't actually expect it.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited April 2018
    vwrangler said:

It was a long time back -- a hair, as I recall, but I can't recall which one. It's been quite a few months.

EDIT: Bedhead hair included (and apparently still has) morphs listed for "Mei Lin 7 and 8". According to the readme, Bedhead hair was released November 15, 2017, so it's been a minute, and then some.

While Mei Lin 8 can be reasonably assumed to bring Lee 8 in her wake, Girl 8 isn't guaranteed to bring Guy 8 along for the ride. Mika 8 is the only theoretical repeat of a figure introduced with Genesis 3 to date.

Girl 5 didn't technically exist (there was a Girl 4 shape for Genesis, but not a Girl 5 shape as such) so Guy 5 didn't exist either. Girl 6 did exist but Guy 6 did not, and Girl 4 didn't have an official Daz-produced partner -- Guy 4 Michael 4 was a PA product until just before Guy 7 appeared. Presumably there was a buyout, and Guy 4 has now been buried somewhere deep under Dazneyland. He pixellates with the fishies. He renders with the choir invisible. He is an Ex-Guy.

In any event: since The Girl has been unpaired more often than not, Guy 7 is no guarantee of Guy 8. After all, Kenji 8 hasn't appeared yet either, but Aiko came around three major releases ago. I hope there's a Guy 8, if he's as good as Guy 7, but I don't actually expect it.

Just curious, why couldn't Girl 8 be with Guy 7?  Or Mei Lin 8 with Lee 7?  Is there something taboo about cross-generational virtual dating? Or having two characters together that aren't the same race?

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431

Just curious, why couldn't Girl 8 be with Guy 7?  Or Mei Lin 8 with Lee 7?  Is there something taboo about cross-generational virtual dating? Or having two characters together that aren't the same race?

Well posing can be iffy with cross-generations if you take poses like Z-Inlove you are in luck as they have Gen3 and 8 variants but not all have that. While there are scripts out there that help none are perfect. Sometimes its therefore easier to keep it in the same generation. At least in my experience. That being said since i love alexandra 8 i do try to mix match on occassions...

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

I hope for Mei and Lee.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2018

No sure for Guy 8, Girl 4 and Girl 6 got no Guy.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Yes, Genesis 2 had Callie 6 & Corey 6, so it wasn't quite the same as Girl 6 & Guy 6. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

And the original Girl seems to have got the original Freak. There was a She Freak, but the first one was rather before my time, and I think may have been a PA product. There was an official one for gen4 and then she disappeared for a couple of generations and seem to have changed her name to Gia.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365
    NoahLGP said:

No sure for Guy 8, Girl 4 and Girl 6 got no Guy.

Actually there was a "Guy" for Michael 4 that was intended to be the male version of the Girl toon look, however it is nowhere near as good as Guy 7. (Also good luck finding it lol )

https://www.daz3d.com/guy-4-magnet-fits

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Oh man.... I can’t unsee that......

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    Brugan said:

Actually there was a "Guy" for Michael 4 that was intended to be the male version of the Girl toon look, however it is nowhere near as good as Guy 7. (Also good luck finding it lol )

https://www.daz3d.com/guy-4-magnet-fits

Guy 4 Michael 4 was a PA product that was bought out (for the rights to the name) and then withdrawn from the store.

For reasons that don't need exploring at this juncture (... it was very very cheap), I picked up Guy 4 Michael 4 when I thought I might do more with toons, and transferred him to Genesis 2. (To match the Girl 4 shape I had moved to Genesis 2.)

It was an adventure. SUCH an adventure.

(Guy 7 came out really early in Genesis 3 -- early for the males, anyway.)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692

Charlotte's textures are pretty good though

Yup. Charlotte's morph is quite different from Victoria/Olympia/Stephanie/Alexandra/Penny. I dial her in for cuteness and youth. And I think she's actually Hispanic, but they forgot to tell anyone.

• NoahLGP said:

How do you mean?

They probably notice the trend that they look like wax figures. Wax figures are pretty cool in museums, but I'm not really down with owning them. The later G3 characters crush nearly every G8 in realism. It may be the promo pics, the promos have been terribad this generation. But its more. These characters need work to look human. Their skin lacks detail. There are no skin pores. Peggy looks ok, except she has the skin profile of child. No adult has skin like Peggy, unless they have never been outside and never work. The best looking characters in G8 do not belong to Daz Originals. There are some exceptions, but they are not the norm. Considering this is Daz Studio's own official stuff, I expect better.

One man's wax is another man's baby oil...
    edited April 2018
    NoahLGP said:

How do you mean?

@FSMCDesigns I mean ... Look at Michael 3.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    Ichiban said:

I wish we could get a hispanic male/female.

I concur.  I would like to see both of these and hopefully with some decent morph options that will allow for lots of unique looks.

• NoahLGP said:
    NoahLGP said:

How do you mean?

Chest hair is too noticeable; it should be less distinct at that distance. But that's just how I view things; your mileage may vary.
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited April 2018
    NoahLGP said:
    NoahLGP said:

How do you mean?

Wow! That looks great! The thumb looks a bit broken and the mouth looks a bit awkward but other than that it's an awesome render! Well done!

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Ollie looks a big Hispanic, dialed down a little.

NoahLGP said:
    NoahLGP said:

How do you mean?

Chest hair is too noticeable; it should be less distinct at that distance. But that's just how I view things; your mileage may vary.

What I like is the skin isn't uniform like Genesis 3 and 8, there are also some small skin details (For example a button on the chest)

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited April 2018

More non-white characters, please. We've had enough white people to last us a couple months in the Genesis 8 Pro Bundle/DO character cycle already.

I keep saying it, but there needs to be Mexican, Native American/First Nations, Southern Asia (i.e. India), or Middle Eastern characters in an official context. At the very least, get Mei Lin and Lee 8 out. Or have Rarestone make a male Asian character to complement Minami, idk.

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on

More Oliver style with female conterparts, Girl/Guy 8 style, a DO male counterpart to Sakura, Morpheus 8