The next Genesis 8 character?

So, any rumors on what the next G8 character is going to be?  We just had Ollie and I believe that we're due a Mie Lin, a Lee, maybe a couple of others. :)

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

According to another thread the next will be Edie 8, Girl 8, or Penny 8

• My money's on either Girl 8 or Penny 8, since we've already had a male recently.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

My money's on either Girl 8 or Penny 8, since we've already had a male recently.

Edie is a girl.

My money's on either Girl 8 or Penny 8, since we've already had a male recently.

Edie 8 was actually the first of those 3 names that was detected in released products morph sets and Edie is actually a woman's name - like Edie Brickell. It's not a mispelling of Eddie. Eddie was basically released as the Genesis 3 Male base freebie, or Edward 8 for G8M recently if you count Edward & Eddie as the same name.

• y3kman said:

Edie is a girl.

My mistake then. :)

• My money's on either Girl 8 or Penny 8, since we've already had a male recently.

Edie 8 was actually the first of those 3 names that was detected in released products morph sets and Edie is actually a woman's name - like Edie Brickell. It's not a mispelling of Eddie. Eddie was basically released as the Genesis 3 Male base freebie, or Edward 8 for G8M recently if you count Edward & Eddie as the same name.

I didn't think about that.  So it looks like we will be getting a female next anyway you look at it.  Wonder if they will do Mei Lin soon?

I didn't think about that.  So it looks like we will be getting a female next anyway you look at it.  Wonder if they will do Mei Lin soon?

I'm not sure when Mei Lin will come or Lee. Maybe they are trying to spread out their most popular characters over the entire  2 year Genesis release cycle, rather than have them all up front..

• I'm not sure when Mei Lin will come or Lee. Maybe they are trying to spread out their most popular characters over the entire  2 year Genesis release cycle, rather than have them all up front..

Oh, I'm sure they are going to do that.  I'm just wondering... :)

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited April 2018

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Manny, Mo, and Juanito are next...

Just kidding of course, but I love the art promos that these artists put together for their promos.  Very nice retro art!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

I wish we could get a hispanic male/female.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Mika 8 also made a stealth appearance in a pose set. I gather they rewrote the description to remove the reference. 

I assume you mean an "official" hispanic male/female couple. There are a number of PA characters with a strong Latino vibe to them.

But no reason why DAZ mighten't decide to roll their own. After all, we got Pacific Islanders last generation.

Well it seems pretty far off into wishful thinking to wish for hispanic without traditional Latin and Latin American clothing and accessories (I wouldn't mind updated Latin clothing & accessories myself), even though modern clothing fashion is basically indistiguishable from the USA and Europe. Without the Latin clothing and accessories, it'll just result in more complaints of more white characters. In these forums it's a complaint that's been happening with almost every new character release that is a DAZ Original now, but yet I've seen a multiple of starkly Iberian Hispanic, Latin American, and generally Mediterrean characters for a few months now by such PAs as Darwin's Mishap, Virtual_World, and I think it was Saiyaness with the excellent G8F Latina American, Benita character. I don't know that the DAZ Sales Support gets the same repeated complaints to their staff as what is made in the forums, maybe they do and a DAZ Original hispanic character set will be released, maybe the poster should post a ticket with DAZ Sales support.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I'm waiting for Mei Lin and Lee.

But yes, hispanic and Indian (American too) characters would be great.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited April 2018

Again, its not about other PA's making these characters, it is about representation. That is the matter at hand. 3rd party characters are obviously a big part of Daz, but they push their DO's hard. DO's get promoted for weeks on end, and will show up in numerous future sales for years to come. They also present the supposed best of what Daz has to offer, and can serve as the base for add on characters as several characters require Victoria or Michael and Company to look right. A 3rd party character can easily get lost in the sea of releases on this site. But a DO will always get attention, just like every DO gets a dedicated thread that is hundreds of posts long, even the lesser received ones.

A great example is Sakura. I like Sakura, don't get me wrong, but there are other anime characters out there, and they are pretty darn good, maybe even better than Sakura. But when Sakura came along, anime suddenly exploded on Daz, and the forums were dominated by Sakura. That does not happen without Sakura being a Daz Original.

If they can make a freakin' centaur as a DO, then they can do more ethnic characters.

Post edited by outrider42 on

I mean a hispanic/latin american character, with some throwback style of clothings, sombreros to represent certain cultures and some south american flare, maybe even have a few cartel type of add-ons with the character(s). 80's and 90's style and some PA's could even do add-ons for ancient civilizations as well.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Penny 8 it is.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited April 2018

With Penny released, we'll probably see Edie 8, The Girl 8, or Kaylee 8 next. Where are the male figures?

Post edited by y3kman on
  • MescalinoMescalino Posts: 428

Yes, And i think i like her. She would really fit a more vintage setting.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

I'm distinctly pleased with the various period look to most of the clothing in the Pro pack. Don't really see any real distinction to the base character, however. 

Attractive, yes. Distinct, not really. Not really clear on what's the point of this particular character.

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262

I like Penny 8 and this is the first Pro bundle that I only like the base figure 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

I don’t care for penny. She looks dialable but her outfits are nice.

She looks like a cross between Victoria 8, Olympia 8 and Alexandra 8. Too repetititve.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited April 2018
    Ichiban said:

She looks like a cross between Victoria 8, Olympia 8 and Alexandra 8. Too repetititve.

Same as Genesis 3 with Victoria, Stephanie, Eva, Bethany, Karen, Gia, Ophelia, Lilith, Arabella, Olympia, ...

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • NoahLGP said:
    Ichiban said:

Same as Genesis 3 with Victoria, Stephanie, Eva, Bethany, Karen, Gia, Ophelia, Lilith, Arabella, Olympia, ...

Those characters at least had (mostly) distinctive faces and body shapes. Penny looks like someone loaded up the G8 base and dialed in a tiny bit of a couple of other Daz characters, maybe a touch of something from the head and body morphs, and BOOM!... Here's your new character. Five minutes work, then all they have to do is keep their fingers crossed that people will buy it without realising they've got basically the same thing already sitting on their hard drives.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Gianni 8!!!  David 88\!!!

Minotaur 8!!!

i'm not buying another  G8Female char until they fix her left big toe_2, left mid toe, and left pinky toe

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited April 2018

I regret Genesis 3 and 8 abandoned the realistic textures, it gave additional details which made the figures be unique.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,958

Charlotte's textures are pretty good though

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,523
    edited April 2018

Also Mika 8, as listed as supported shapes on

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-vivacious-chemise-for-the-genesis-8-females

Post edited by Artini on
  • So we have Edie 8 and Mika 8 that's coming...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932