Grain on point light [Help needed]

Hi all, I've been using Daz for a few months casually and only now have I just started trying out lighting and camera settings. On a image I'm trying to render I have a point light in a hand which is orange and is there to be the lighting that will come off of a post-added fire effect. The light is bright enough to add a really nice effect on the characters body and face. Now I've read various pages however upon testing I cannot seem to match the original effect with changes to rendering such as more samples, higher quality, and dropping the point lights lumens, etc. Same with enabling caustics, everything detracts away from the effect I'm trying to achieve.

Here is the problem:

Could anyone point me in the right direction to solving such an issue (if even possible while keeping the same lighting effects)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

Apply a denoiser in GIMP or Photoshop. It seems the next release of DAZ Studio will have some denoising, so hopefully these issues will be fixed.

• What about the noise filtering in the render settings, is that worth touching or is it likely to ruin the lighting effect I'm aiming for? Gimp is what I'll be using to add the post fire effects so I will give denoising a try on there too.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481
    edited April 2018

Unfortunately the current denoiser filter in render settings is broken. It does not work no matter what you try. AFAIK it's not DAZ fault anyway, it's Iray itself that's broken.

EDIT. I just wonder why they don't publish this information in "known issues" or something ..

Post edited by Padone on