How did they make these ghosts?

I'm talking about these

https://www.daz3d.com/haunted-mansion-poses

it looks like 3dlight to me is there a way to do it in iray?

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,818

Check out this thread for the answer

• Hmm, I hope they make this for iray, I'm no fried of 3DL

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited March 2018

If you want an Iray background (including people), you can do a composite image.

In 3Delight, apply PW Effect, Phantom to all the surfaces of your subject.  If you prefer white, change the Ambient Color to white, or whatever you want.  Render in 3Delight with NO background, and save it as a PNG.

Create your Iray render.  Since ghosts don't cast shadows you won't have to worry about that.  You can also use a stock photo for the background.

In Photoshop or whatever image editing software you are using, add your ghost to your render.  This is just a quick render to give you the idea, with a stock photo I just picked up from Pixabay:

PW Effect Ghost.jpg
    2334 x 1556 - 2M
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Iray Emissive with the surfaces set to very low opacity and some surfaces hidden altogether might work, or you could try a version of the Pepper's Ghost effect if you are comfortable playing with reflective surfaces in Iray.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    Odaa said:

Iray Emissive with the surfaces set to very low opacity and some surfaces hidden altogether might work, or you could try a version of the Pepper's Ghost effect if you are comfortable playing with reflective surfaces in Iray.

I have not gotten a Pepper's Ghost to look as nice in Iray as pwGhost does in 3delight.