First Person Viewing

NeonicNeonic Posts: 18

Hi everyone,

I've been using Daz for about a year now but only played around with it a handfull of times; so I guess you can say I'm still a new user or sightly intermediate. But, what I'm trying to accomplish at this current moment; I cant seem to figure out how to achieve it. 

I'd like to design a model and view from it's face/eyes/view like we do in our life so that I can 
see the world as the model I design will. The goal is so that, I can design a first person view 
so I can create a small simulated "real life" effect.

Please, send me links to any tutorials or suggest any tips or advice below it'll be extremely appreciated.

Also, I've been having issues finding out how to find modals outside of Daz to use inside of Daz so I can 
exapan my horizon and make my models even more custom. Everytime I add one, it ends up broken or 
wont link to my model correctly and I also don't know exactly where to add the new models to sync them 
into my Daz Libraries or whatever so I'll be able to use them whenever I need.

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

To do a first person effect, make a camera and rotate it 180 on the y-axis so it faces the same way as the figure. Use the Align tab to align the camera with the head, and then move the camera by hand until it it is looking out from just in front of the character's head, between the eyes. Then parent the camera to the head. Then you can render from that camera and "see" what the character sees.

If you want the first person view to follow the eye movement, you can pick one of the eyes to use, and align and parent to that instead.

For a "true" first person effect, you would have one camera on each eye and render both, then view the result with something that gives you a stereoscopic view, like a VR headset. But this is a lot of work for very little payoff unless you want to do VR.

The focal length that gives a result that "looks close" to what the human eye sees is commonly quoted as 50mm. Since the human FOV is actually very wide and just blurs more and more towards the periphery, you may want to go wider, possibly combined with a vignette effect.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

Alternatively: Create a new camera. Set x-translate=0, y-translate=0, z-translate=0, x-rotate=0, y-rotate=180, z-rotate=0. Then parent it to one of the figure's eyes, making sure that parent in place is turned off. This will create a camera that sees exactly what that eye sees.

• NeonicNeonic Posts: 18

Thank you both very much. Daz didn’t alert me I had replies I was also following my replica (this post posted twice — oops); I’ll try it ASAP then I’ll reply back with further feedback. Happy renderin’! ❤️