• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262
    edited March 2018

Really love this char 

d011daz.jpg
    800 x 800 - 255K
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited March 2018

i have to say what a FREAKING DEAL. I just put pro bundle, four add ons, and one of the reward bundles in the cart, and it's 38 bucks.... okay, and then today, have you guys seen the newest release of Hinky's Boggles??? OMG squeeee! 

Also to the folks saying "where's the asian characters"? What are Pei and minto and Minato chan ?  Aren't they?? And they are amazing quality too!! No, not Daz originals but absolutely SUPERB. EDIT to add: oh... yeah. We need an asian MALE character.. yes yes we do. I'm still hoping Rarestone will make an awesome one!!!!!! You guys are right.

I think Ollie is adorable but I love the big nose (its why I liked Liam partly too) and so nice to see a skinny guy for once!!!  Really awesome variety from Daz and I think the PAs did an absolutely fantastic job on a big variety of offerings for him, not bland at all- everything from forest elf (and with the add on textures, those leaves transform to a gorgeous metallic armor, and since I have no armor yet for my g8 males, awesome), an adorable geeky house elf ish outfit, a good and very versatile loincloth (thanks for all the options!)  The oak defender made me giggle OUT LOUD because it was unique and just so cute! and of course the aviator outfit (just need an old bi-plane to put him in!).  The loads of expressions and poses are just extra doses of awesome fun.  I wanted more from today's newest offerings-- that chef outfit!!!!  BOGGLES!!

but I am afraid  i am officially going into hiding for the rest of March, wake me when the maddness is over, because Hubby is NOT gonna be thrilled about how much i bought this month *wince* but oh my gosh PAs and Daz you guys really killed me this month. Seriously, it's been awesome. Thank you all. 

Til next time,
    BOGGLES he hee hee! *runs into the madness giggling madly, of course*

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

Ollie 38%, Darius 60%, Owen 55%, "Ollie 8 Nose Small" 38%:

Nice, I like the result. You make me change my mind about Ollie 8.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,702
    edited March 2018

This looks like a job for Ollie.

Saw him at the bottom of a page in an ad.

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 2.15.10 AM.png
    282 x 211 - 122K
    Post edited by xyer0 on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

just playing with Ollie a bit and getting ready for easter. :) 

These are fantastic, @deathbycanon! Thanks for sharing.

- Greg

edited March 2018
    freni-kyn said:

To each his own, I guess - I bought the bundle precisely because it wasn't a G8 flavored re-release of a character I already own several generations of. Like others, he reminds me of a Nursoda creation (which is a huge compliment), only more useful because he's based on G8M so he can wear other's clothing and take part in my forbidden gene pool experiments.

Was also swayed since Josh's Glumgurgle was included in the bundle, which is something I would have picked up for sure. And oh yeah, I got the Darius 7 Pro Bundle, too.

Anyway, here's Ollie borrowing some clothes from 3DU's Mythical Pixie:

- Greg

Oh wow!  So awesome.  I'd love to own that clothing set. 

It is a great outfit, @freni-kyn - the set includes a great character, too.

- Greg

ETA: https://www.daz3d.com/mythical-pixie-for-genesis-3-male

Post edited by algovincian on
  • just playing with Ollie a bit and getting ready for easter. :) 

That is Awesome!!! I love it. Where did those ears come from? And that egg he's carrying in second picture looks like someone just dyed it. It's awesome. What's it from? 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,702

Found Ollie's doppelganger covering one of my favourite songs.

• BamboozlerBamboozler Posts: 249

My initial reaction to Ollie was "Ack, no, not for me," because I don't need a gollem or a house elf. But the way he mixes with other characters to make them more realistic is sending me back to look at him. Given how few male actors there are compared to female ones, that mixability/realism is really valuable. Thanks for all the test renders.

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    luci45 said:

Today is my birthday and I used the GC my daughter got me to buy Ollie Pro Bundle and 4 add-ons which made the price lower. He has great skin, mixes really well with other morphs. I liked the clothes and really like the two additional characters in the bundle for a change. I don't like using cartoon characters but I like ones that are in between so he is really fun. The first render is mixed with Edward. The second is the Zackyr character.

Thank you DAZ for a great bundle!

Happy birthday. very nice done renders.

• I can't wait to render stuff with him and liam! Setting myself to finish this project i'm working on... if i finish today, i can play a bit with renders :D eeeee. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    edited March 2018
    Nath said:
    Nath said:

Here's Ollie as a quick and not entirely accurate impression of Pratchett's Cohen the Barbarian, with the Vinnuth Kriegor armor. I definitely like him :-)

Looks great... but could use a touch of "Old Chap" I think.

Yes, that would work well. So much to explore!

Okay... here's my attempt for Cohen the Barbarian:

100% Ollie (with 100% Nose small), 100% Old Chap (+100% Old Chap HD Body Details), 50% Kincaid Body (for the muscles). Old Chap HD Textures (pronouncing the wrinkles some more), and G8M Hair Set for the beard and body hair

I friggin LOVE Ollie...

Cohen.png
    1500 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by maikdecker on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,719
    Nath said:
    Nath said:

Here's Ollie as a quick and not entirely accurate impression of Pratchett's Cohen the Barbarian, with the Vinnuth Kriegor armor. I definitely like him :-)

Looks great... but could use a touch of "Old Chap" I think.

Yes, that would work well. So much to explore!

Okay... here's my attempt for Cohen the Barbarian:

100% Ollie (with 100% Nose small), 100% Old Chap (+100% Old Chap HD Body Details), 50% Kincaid Body (for the muscles). Old Chap HD Textures (pronouncing the wrinkles some more), and G8M Hair Set for the beard and body hair

I friggin LOVE Ollie...

He looks great!

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

I haven't wish listedany Ollie stuff because it's ALL fun looking!  I'm gonna be making a new avater for lots of stuff!

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    Novica said:

I made some custom grips for that guy's Harley.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,767
    edited March 2018

LOL!! When I first saw this new Character I immediately thought  of this actor from
    the "Enders Game"
     sci fi Film.

ollie inspiration.jpg
    634 x 658 - 56K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,767
    edited March 2018

Double post deleted

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Ollie just has a lot of possibilities, it's a great "character actor".   I think it is going to be one of my favorite DAZ characters.  He's the Christopher Lloyd of the 3D world ;)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    edited March 2018
    j cade said:

.... I just realized the perfect use for Ollie

Cyrano!!! heartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheart

Perrrrrrrrfect!! LOL

Now, could you tell me where you acquired that outfit? :P

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Really love this char 

Awesome!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    AllenArt said:
    j cade said:

.... I just realized the perfect use for Ollie

Cyrano!!! heartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheart

Perrrrrrrrfect!! LOL

Now, could you tell me where you acquired that outfit? :P

Laurie

Looks like thise one to me: https://www.daz3d.com/musketeer-for-m4

I've eyed that for months but not picked it up because I wasn't sure how well it would fit onto G3M (and now G8M) - looks like I should grab it! I love that render (and many others in this thread)

• a rough quickie render test of creating a Skaven (Ratman) from Warhammer using Ollie HD, Glumgurgle's skin texture with some morphing from another Josh Crockett character Plague Wolf

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/553286

edited March 2018

Had my minions render some more Ollie illustrations while working today:

Wasn't planning on investing in G8, but then I picked up Pei. And then Dylan. And Monique/Laverne. And Ronen. And Minto. And now Ollie/Glumgurgle. Now I find myself lamenting not taking advantage of the Edward Pro Bundle deal, too - doh!

- Greg

ollie-jester-pencil.png
    600 x 780 - 447K
    ollie-jester-bw.png
    600 x 780 - 179K
    ollie-jester-color.png
    600 x 780 - 328K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Wasn't planning on investing in G8, but then I picked up Pei. And then Dylan. And Monique/Laverne. And Ronen. And Minto. And now Ollie/Glumgurgle. Now I find myself lamenting not taking advantage of the Edward Pro Bundle deal, too - doh!

- Greg

Those are fantastic! I especially love the colored one ;).

Laurie

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217

- Greg

This look fantastic! What are you using to get the sketch effect?

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited March 2018

Slightly tweaked with morphs Ollie.

ollie-isoll.jpg
    694 x 1212 - 292K
    Ollie_oil01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 693K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited March 2018

Some really cool renders here! I love the way Ollie mixes with the gene pool to create really interesting character actor types! This guy I'm imagining is an eccentric but successful pseudo-intellectual NYC playwright known for his amazing dinner parties with Manhattan's literati. As he was rendering I created a whole back story for him LOL. 

IMG_4741.JPG
    750 x 1000 - 220K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

just playing with Ollie a bit and getting ready for easter. :) 

That is Awesome!!! I love it. Where did those ears come from? And that egg he's carrying in second picture looks like someone just dyed it. It's awesome. What's it from? 

The ears are from the sci-fi bunny outfit, I used a fur shader on them in daz, then changed the tint of the center of the ear in photoshop. The egg is called 'the egg' here at daz and then I did a few texture overlay in photoshop to get the colors.

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    Geminii23 said:

Does anyone know what outfit this is?

The collar looks a trimmed up version of this outfit. https://www.daz3d.com/enchanted-for-genesis

the shoulder pieces kind of look like the one on the battle queens outfit, but not quite. 

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

After seeing what everyone was doing with Ollie, I changed my mind a bit and purchased the base character today.   Thanks to all of you who got in and experimented, I got a fresh perspective and saw just how useful Ollie could be.  I thank you but my wallet does not.  My poor credit card is whimpering in the far corner of the room after all the "trauma" I have put it through this month. And there are still three days left!!!!