Ollie 8?

Comments

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    Ildanach said:

Quick try out with Ollie 8 mixed in with Edward and a little bit of Owen. I think he is a great addition to the gene pool.

Getting pretty close to a young Jeff Goldblum there.....

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Oh wow!  downloading my purchases and just noticed that the HD add on comes with the Ollie 8 character rather than in the pro bundle!  Thanks bunches  DAZ!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Had my minions render some more Ollie illustrations while working today:

Wasn't planning on investing in G8, but then I picked up Pei. And then Dylan. And Monique/Laverne. And Ronen. And Minto. And now Ollie/Glumgurgle. Now I find myself lamenting not taking advantage of the Edward Pro Bundle deal, too - doh!

- Greg

That looks fantastic, Greg! I think the colored one is my favorite. Awesome work! :)

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

Wasn't planning on investing in G8, but then I picked up Pei. And then Dylan. And Monique/Laverne. And Ronen. And Minto. And now Ollie/Glumgurgle. Now I find myself lamenting not taking advantage of the Edward Pro Bundle deal, too - doh!

- Greg

These are wonderful.  I want minions

• Taco DestroyerTaco Destroyer Posts: 10
    edited March 2018

This character is so ugly it should be offered at a deeply discounted rate or even free, I'm sure he could be created using one of the existing creature packs. I find my self more and more disappointed in DAZ and the content creators as a majority of the recent works are either horrific or the females resemble street walkers and/or are too scantly clad. No one dresses that way...  oh I take that back. (edited for her pleasure)

Post edited by Taco Destroyer on
  • SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

- Greg

Wonderful work! I really love coming here to see what everyone is doing with the characters.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,579

Always nice to see people enjoying the minions' illustrations, so thank you all for that. @Ildanach - the renders were created by home-brewed NPR algorithms that I've been developing for decades now.

Ollie is awesome - more Ollie renders, please!

- Greg

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

Always nice to see people enjoying the minions' illustrations, so thank you all for that. @Ildanach - the renders were created by home-brewed NPR algorithms that I've been developing for decades now.

- Greg

Thanks for the great  jester renders. My forgetfulness about intending to buy the jester & clown outfits from Genesis 3 product cycle are now remedied.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,579

- Greg

Thanks for the great  jester renders. My forgetfulness about intending to buy the jester & clown outfits from Genesis 3 product cycle are now remedied.

No problem, @nonesuch00 - should have mentioned it's Shadow Jester:

https://www.daz3d.com/the-shadow-jester-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

Which G3 clown outfit did you grab? I love the clown/jester stuff and want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

- Greg

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited March 2018

While Ollie isn't necessarily a character style I use,  I'll probably get him and figure out a way to use him down the road.  I appreciate the variety in the Genesis 8 line up to this point,  something that had been sorely lacking up to the latter Genesis 3 phase.

Daz is certainly a different and much improved place now than it was at this point last year, though some people ranted against Daz even offering customers this kind of diversity of options.  I'm glad PA's didn't listen and are taking the gamble.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,953
    edited March 2018

This is Edward ,old Chap and Ollie mashed together

Edoldchapolliemix.png
    2000 x 1595 - 3M
    Post edited by carrie58 on

- Greg

No problem, @nonesuch00 - should have mentioned it's Shadow Jester:

Which G3 clown outfit did you grab? I love the clown/jester stuff and want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

- Greg

I bought the 

https://www.daz3d.com/clown

https://www.daz3d.com/clown-textures

and the 

https://www.daz3d.com/the-shadow-jester-outfit-textures

There is a more traditional clown suit too (Bozo style) that I wanted too but I limited my spending.

Thanks again.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

This character is so ugly it should be offered at a deeply discounted rate or even free, I'm sure he could be created using one of the existing creature packs. I find my self more and more disappointed in DAZ and the content creators as a majority of the recent works are either horrific or the females resemble street walkers and/or are too scantly clad. No one dresses that way...  oh I take that back. (edited for her pleasure)

By himself, Ollie is definitely a caricature figure, with oversized eyes, head, hands and feet. My very first reaction to seeing him was, "you've got to be kidding me!" But when I looked closer, I found (and others confirmed,) his skin is human not toon. Others who've posted characters modified by mixing with Ollie have created realistic images that are anywhere from really nice to frikkin' amazing. When one already has hundreds of characters, one starts looking at each daz figure release from the perspective of "what does this add to the gene pool?" and "can I use the materials on other figures?" Especially the males.

Rendering any character out-of-the-box means my images are going to look like a lot of other images, so with the exception of Darwin's boys, I do a lot of dial spinning so my characters look unique.  I love that I can mix in a bit of "ugly" Ollie and turn any G8M into an everyday guy on the street. Super models are fun to work with, but an image full of only beautiful people is more reminiscent of old Hollywood than my neighborhood. In the end, I bought the pro bundle yesterday, with six(!) addons… and not even the slightest twinge of buyers remorse.

carrie58 said:

This is Edward ,old Chap and Ollie mashed together

Reminds me a bit of Eddie Albert.

OK, I caved.  I can't believe it and I don't want to talk about it. Here is, (gulp) Ollie 8. I mixed  a guy from Rendo named Colin and slapped on Ollie's skin.  Nothing really creative, just wanted to see what I could come up with.  I must say, I don't hate it

ollie mix.png
    863 x 882 - 957K
  • IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

Can anyone tell me what the lighting preset is that was used on the Starter Bundle and Pro Bundle main images? The collages, but specifically the shot of Ollie in front of the collage.

L'Adair said:

By himself, Ollie is definitely a caricature figure, with oversized eyes, head, hands and feet. My very first reaction to seeing him was, "you've got to be kidding me!" But when I looked closer, I found (and others confirmed,) his skin is human not toon. Others who've posted characters modified by mixing with Ollie have created realistic images that are anywhere from really nice to frikkin' amazing. When one already has hundreds of characters, one starts looking at each daz figure release from the perspective of "what does this add to the gene pool?" and "can I use the materials on other figures?" Especially the males.

Rendering any character out-of-the-box means my images are going to look like a lot of other images, so with the exception of Darwin's boys, I do a lot of dial spinning so my characters look unique.  I love that I can mix in a bit of "ugly" Ollie and turn any G8M into an everyday guy on the street. Super models are fun to work with, but an image full of only beautiful people is more reminiscent of old Hollywood than my neighborhood. In the end, I bought the pro bundle yesterday, with six(!) addons… and not even the slightest twinge of buyers remorse.

Well said! :D He adds a LOT to the gene pool. A little bit of Ollie goes a long way in creating more unique and realistic looking guys. I love this character! :D

edited March 2018

OK, I caved.  I can't believe it and I don't want to talk about it. Here is, (gulp) Ollie 8. I mixed  a guy from Rendo named Colin and slapped on Ollie's skin.  Nothing really creative, just wanted to see what I could come up with.  I must say, I don't hate it

Not bad at all! :D I like the hint of a tattoo. Makes him look a bit more "bad a$$". hehe

Welcome to the dark side. *hands ALLIEKATBLUE a cookie* laugh

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited March 2018

I actually think Daz should explore MORE characters like these. Not everyone likes toons and not everyone likes stark reality either. This is a nice middle-of-the-road compromise that should appeal to more people. That, and he does mix wonderfully well with other characters :). In fact, personally, I'd buy a package of JUST noses like Ollie's and other distinctive proboscides if they were set up like his where you could add it and it only and in any increment you wanted. Yep, I'd buy that in a New York minute...lol.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

We could stand for a set of chins, cheeks, foreheads, ears, jaws, and so on done in a starkly caricatured way as Ollie here, ala that 1980s Phil Collins video "Land of Confusion"

AllenArt said:

I actually think Daz should explore MORE characters like these. Not everyone likes toons and not everyone likes stark reality either. This is a nice middle-of-the-road compromise that should appeal to more people. That, and he does mix wonderfully well with other characters :). In fact, personally, I'd buy a package of JUST noses like Ollie's and other distinctive proboscides if they were set up like his where you could add it and it only and in any increment you wanted. Yep, I'd buy that in a New York minute...lol.

Laurie

We could stand for a set of chins, cheeks, foreheads, ears, jaws, and so on done in a starkly caricatured way as Ollie here, ala that 1980s Phil Collins video "Land of Confusion"

Hmmm Sounds like a good idea for my next product. I'm super slow at content creation though so I'm sure some other PA will beat me to it. lol

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Hmmm Sounds like a good idea for my next product. I'm super slow at content creation though so I'm sure some other PA will beat me to it. lol

LOL...chop chop ;) Just kidding...you could measure my content creation glacially...hehe. I know what ya mean :P

Laurie

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,953
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

oh oh oh for both the G8's ,cause the ladies need some uniquicness too  ( crud I spelled that wrong)

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Well you have a buyer here!

edited March 2018

@AllenArt @carrie58 @nonesuch00 Actually, I don't know why I didn't think of this, but EmmaAndJordi already have a similar product: https://www.daz3d.com/ej-fantasy-races-creator-and-morphs-for-genesis-8-females-and-males

It comes with some unique noses and chins that I'm sure can be dialled in at more "subtle" strengths to add uniqueness while not venturing too far into a caricature. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

@AllenArt @carrie58 @nonesuch00 Actually, I don't know why I didn't think of this, but EmmaAndJordi already have a similar product: https://www.daz3d.com/ej-fantasy-races-creator-and-morphs-for-genesis-8-females-and-males

Those are a pretty good start.

@Divamakeup, don't you be making no Ollie-lady for me to say I don't like her and she jumps in my cart anyway.  Ok go ahead, I'll buy her

Nice product, and I put it in my wishlist, but I was thinking more "real" type noses, like my Italian family...lol. My grandfather had a nose reminiscent of Jamie Farr's (if you know who that is...think Max Clinger from MASH). One thing I've never liked about Poser/DS art is the tiny little button noses on a lot of characters. It makes them look fake to me. I genuinely like very distinctive and not so small noses ;).

Laurie

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

I really wasn't sure about Ollie but relented and I'm so glad I did, Ollie is such a wonderful character, well done to the creators !

ollie2.jpg
    1086 x 1404 - 184K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Giuseppe for Lucas 8, by DarwinsMishap(s) mixed with Ollie 8

Top row, Ollie materias; Bottom row, Giuseppe materials.

Giuseppe Ollie Mix 01 Giuseppe Ollie Mix 02
    Giuseppe Ollie Mix 03 Giuseppe Ollie Mix 04

Details:

Also used:
    Dylan for Michael 8: Dylan Beard
    Super Natural Brows MR for G8/G3 Male, by RedzStudio
    Super Messy Updo Hair for G3/G88 by OutOfTouch
    Time Rogue Outfit for G8M

Changes to Ollie's materials include adding gray to the irises for a more realistic color and setting Translucency to Scatter Only on the teeth.

Changes to Giuseppe's materials include lowering Translucency Weight to lighten the skin and changing Translucency colors on the nails.

Shape Morphs:
    Giuseppe Body: 100%
    Giuseppe Body Face: 100%
    Lucas 8 Body: 80%
    Ollie 8 Body: 20%

Giuseppe Head: 100%
    Giuseppe Head Face: 100%
    Lucas 8 Head: 50%
    Ollie 8 Head: 50%
    Ollie 8 Nose Small: 50%

Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
    Eyes Size: -50%
    Nose Size: -50%
    Teeth Gap: 10%

Tyrone for Darius 8
    Tyrone Eye Realism: 73.4%

200 Plus Head and Face Morphs for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    Teeth Width: -5%