Getting Badge Control to work

Hey all,

I"m having trouble getting Badge Control to work (https://www.daz3d.com/badge-control-for-the-new-adventure). I have the requisite New Adventures products, so that's not it. Whenever I look into Badge Control in the Content Library (it does not show up under CMS, just Content Library), I can see a great many different badge materials . When I select the badge or uniform my character is wearing and try to change to a new badge in Badge Control, nothing happens. I'm clearly doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Bob

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

You should only have to select the item and open the appropriate badge material. Make sure you use the right one, there are separate badge settings for the M4 shirt, the M4 jacket and shortseleeve shirt. The V4 dress and suit also have their own badge settings. One will not work on the other's badges. (except the M4 Jacket + Sleeveless, which works on the M4 Shirt, but not the other way around, just to confuse things)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    edited March 2018

Under the surface tab select the jacketbadge on the jacket; then click on the badge control badge you want. It worked for me with M4 jacket but I didn't test the other jackets.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • That may be the problem, thank you! After looking into COntent Manager, every badge material has an "M4" prefix. THere are no "V4" prefixed materials! It looks like Daz only downloaded the MV badges!

Ugh...

Strange, they're all in the same package. Check what's installed in Install Manager, each set gets its own folder.

And, Charlie, I didn't have to use the Surface tab, just selecting the figure works for me.

• All of the New Adventure products show as installed, but the V4 badge materials are not in Content Manager. Might have to open a ticket. I just uninstalled and reinstalled, too.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    edited March 2018

All of the New Adventure products show as installed, but the V4 badge materials are not in Content Manager. Might have to open a ticket. I just uninstalled and reinstalled, too.

In Content Library > Poser format > MyDAZ 3D Libray > Pose > MatsUTNA > Badge > select apprpriate folder

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

I assume you are referring to the Content Library tab. It should show a folder structure like the attached picture, under Poser Formats -> "Your Library" -> Pose -> MatsUTNA -> Badge.
    There are identical folder structures for all three (M4 Jacket + Sleeve, M4 Shirt, V4 Dress + Suit).

BadgeControlFolders.PNG
    800 x 245 - 34K
  • THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU!

It works now. You guys rock.

Bob

Happy to help. Glad you got it working.