how to purge my drives of all Daz content?

I have a big mess on my drives again. I do not have enough space on my laptop c drive for all my content. so I had been installing to my external drive and that seemed to be working using the cloud ie installing from within Daz studio. but I just got the auto paver scripts and was trying to use them but the author says they wont work if installed via the cloud. so I deinstalled and reinstalled via dim. after trying to rebuild my database and locate the script folder that should be there I come to find that in my products folder all my products are listed as not installed!!!! WTF? Yes I realise that daz is just not seeing them somehow but this is driving me bonkers again.

I think my problem is installing using both systems but I dont understand which one to use. can someone reccomend (again) a good method of starting over. searching my drive for directories has not helped but instaid has made a difficult situation impossible..

Comments

• That sounds as if DIM is not updating the Content Management System with the products it installs - or possibly that it is using a path not selected in DS. You can compare paths by clicking the gear icon at top-right in DIM and going to the Installation tab, compared with Edit>Preferences>Content>Content Directory Manager in DS. On communication, make sure you aren't closing DS then immediately starting DIM - it's OK to have them running concurrently.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Thanks richard, I always appreciate the voice of reason.. I will ckeck it out tonight.