Material Question about Alexandra 8 and other G8F Figures

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I have noticed that when I load Alexandra (and I think Joan too) and try to add makeup to them, it doesn't appear in the viewport window but does seem to show in the render. It's kind of a drag because it's nice to have an idea of what the makeup material looks like. Of course the render tells the tale for sure. Has anyone else run into this? I hope I'm being clear. If not, I can try to do some renders to illustrate.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited March 2018

It's because its using Defuse Overlay Color which never show up in the viewport, only in the render.

If it would change the Base Color it would show in the viewport.

You could see how it looks like in Nvida Iray Mode in the viewport by clicking on the circle on the top right corner of your viewport next to where Perspective view is.

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Okay. Good tip. I was pretty sure it wasn't a product fault, just a new way they were doing it. I appreciate the info.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Note that you can use the overlays on other characters without changing the skin tone.  That's what's so cool about them.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

That is cool. I'm just used to being able to have a preview of sorts (without spot rendering) when I apply them. Sometimes with the old way, I'd add makeup and see "Whoa! Way too much mascara!" ect. But oh well, times change.