Mars madness products slipping through quality control or other issues.

mats76mats76 Posts: 289
edited March 2018 in The Commons

I thought it could be nice with an heads up thread to help each other out during the shopping spree during Mars madness.

I start with https://www.daz3d.com/dl-modern-bathroom

I think it is a beautiful bathroom but it is a broken product right now: the wall behind the shower is missing and there is no floor tile.  

Promo image

Quick test render

Modern Bathroom.png
1080 x 1080 - 2M
01-dl-modern-bathroom-daz3d.jpg
1422 x 800 - 193K
Post edited by mats76 on

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I would check your lighting in the scene, this same set was used in promo on a.. erm.. different.. product on another site, and it rendered the same as the promos. Whatever lighting you're using is not causing the same reflection.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

While the lighting is different there is no wall in one section. That’s not lighting ; )

was that the preloaded scene? Did you get an error message? 

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    edited March 2018

I would check your lighting in the scene, this same set was used in promo on a.. erm.. different.. product on another site, and it rendered the same as the promos. Whatever lighting you're using is not causing the same reflection.

Well that would not help alot with a wall that is missing or with the missing floor, it would give a brighter bathroom though :) 

Post edited by mats76 on
    edited March 2018
    Joe Webb said:

While the lighting is different there is no wall in one section. That’s not lighting ; )

was that the preloaded scene? Did you get an error message? 

Yes that was the preloaded scene, I tested it again and no errors in the log file. 

Post edited by mats76 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,426
    edited March 2018

maybe the walls and floors are bonus items you get if you buy 3 daz origianl items or something.
    but more than likely a couple of files were forgotten in the package. or redownload and install. or, they are turned off in the scene list? or in some parameter setting?

Post edited by daveso on
    daveso said:

maybe the walls and floors are bonus items you get if you buy 3 daz origianl items or something.
    but more than likely a couple of files were forgotten in the package. or redownload and install. or, they are turned off in the scene list? or in some parameter setting?

Nothing hidden in the scene tab and I redownloaded and reinstalled with the same issue.

The bonus item theory could be the awnser though, I will try to buy a 12 new items and 4 semi new items and see if I then unlock the wall as a bonus item :) ... no wait was it 12 new and 4 semi new items or was it 4 new item and 12 semi new items to unlock hidden bonus item of the day :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Bad quality control on Mars madness, eh?

• I don't see a missing wall - it's dark, which is odd, but it's clearly there from the shadows.

I don't see a missing wall - it's dark, which is odd, but it's clearly there from the shadows.

There should be a wall that goes from the dark area of the wall all the way to the shower cabine, it is there on the promo picture. Right now the water to the shower transports through the air :)

• Ah, I see what you mean. Please open a Technical Support ticket, if you haven't already done so.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

Could it be an opacity cutout problem? Is the "missing" section actually there, but invisible? Use the Surface Selection tool and try to select the missing wall. You could also open the surfaces tab with the top level selected (if everything is separate, select them all in the scene tab), and cursor through the list of surfaces to see if the missing wall section gets outlined. If not, it is indeed missing. If it does, check if Geometry->Cutout Opacity isn't zeroed out.

NorthOf45 said:

Could it be an opacity cutout problem? Is the "missing" section actually there, but invisible? Use the Surface Selection tool and try to select the missing wall. You could also open the surfaces tab with the top level selected (if everything is separate, select them all in the scene tab), and cursor through the list of surfaces to see if the missing wall section gets outlined. If not, it is indeed missing. If it does, check if Geometry->Cutout Opacity isn't zeroed out.

I checked everything under the surface tab but the missing wall does not exist there, the other walls does but not the missing one.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,426

where's wallgo?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    mats76 said:

I thought it could be nice with an heads up thread to help each other out during the shopping spree during Mars madness.

I start with https://www.daz3d.com/dl-modern-bathroom

I think it is a beautiful bathroom but it is a broken product right now: the wall behind the shower is missing and there is no floor tile.  

Promo image

Quick test render

I have that set and see the exact same issues.  I have not had the time to file a ticket however so please go a head and do so.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    mats76 said:

Well that would not help alot with a wall that is missing or with the missing floor, it would give a brighter bathroom though :) 

I'm still betting on a lighting issue, clearly the promo on the other site has rendered that scene with the floor intact.

• mats76 said:

I'm still betting on a lighting issue, clearly the promo on the other site has rendered that scene with the floor intact.

Look at the shape of the floor - in the user image it's just a corner of a rectangle, in the promo there's a bite taken out of the rectangle.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

I'm very angry about this.  Is it fixed yet?

mats76 said:

Not a light issue as the picture clearly show. Just for the cause of it I exported it to blender and it showed as well that the floor is missing for the most part of the bathroom and there is no mesh for the wall in the corner.

UHF said:

Not sure if any one even have sent in a support ticket of the issue yet, I have been to busy/lazy to send one in.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

That promo shows the exact same problem, in fact...  (I'm obsessive, I had to figure out what you meant. :) )  In image 1 of 5 of that set of promo pictures, on the far right, you can see the same missing wall piece, as well as the view of the floor that would be 'inside' that wall.  It's inobvious because the scene is busy, and it's multiple images stitched together, but it's definitely showing the same problem.

--  Morgan

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    mats76 said:
    UHF said:

Not sure if any one even have sent in a support ticket of the issue yet, I have been to busy/lazy to send one in.

Or for anyone at Daz to test...

edited March 2018

Greetings,

@UHF DAZ technical support don't typically follow the forums.  If nobody puts in a support issue, things will not get fixed.  That said, I have filed a support issue earlier today with detailed examples of how it's wrong, and pointing out that the thumbnail itself has the same problem.

That said, March Madness pounds the crud out of the QA and support folks, so things will take time (to be assigned, QA'ed, reported to the PA, fixed, re-QA'ed, and released) from when they are reported.

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited March 2018

I know you guys have determined the wall and floor are definitely missing, but I found it interesting everyone was so focused on the wall, no on mentioned the floating cabinet from the preloaded scene… which is firmly planted on the tile floor in the promo.

@UHF, the PAs are only human, (though I've often thought of them as 3d-art super-heroes,) and in the rush to get product submitted in time for MM, it's not unheard of for the wrong file to be inadvertently uploaded. I'm sure the PA will get this fixed as quickly as possible, once it's been brought to their attention. (Not all the PAs hang out in the forums, so this will probably not get resolved until Daz contacts the vendor about the issue.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    L'Adair said:

I know you guys have determined the wall and floor are definitely missing, but I found it interesting everyone was so focused on the wall, no on mentioned the floating cabinet from the preloaded scene… which is firmly planted on the tile floor in the promo.

@UHF, the PAs are only human, (though I've often thought of them as 3d-art super-heroes,) and in the rush to get product submitted in time for MM, it's not unheard of for the wrong file to be inadvertently uploaded. I'm sure the PA will get this fixed as quickly as possible, once it's been brought to their attention. (Not all the PAs hang out in the forums, so this will probably not get resolved until Daz contacts the vendor about the issue.)

Exactly this. My daughter's high school year book suffered the same fate. They worked on it all  year, it was perfect - the one printed and distributed was an early version, full of mark ups, mis-lableling, spelling and grammar errors. And no way to update it. At least this can be updated

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    L'Adair said:

The OP did mention it, he said the floor tile is missing. Once the floor tile is in place the cabinet will no longer be floating.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    Oso3D said:

Bad quality control on Mars madness, eh?

Where is the Ka-boom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Ka-boom!!!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    NSFW said:
    L'Adair said:

The OP did mention it, he said the floor tile is missing. Once the floor tile is in place the cabinet will no longer be floating.

I think you missed my point. I should have been more specific. How's this: The shadow under the cabinet proves the floor is missing as it shows the cabinet, in the preload position, is "floating"; Something it would not be doing if the tile floor weren't missing. I found it interesting with all the focus on proving the wall section was missing, that no one mentioned the floating cabinet, which is proof the floor is missing.

smiley

edited March 2018

I'm not really sure there is much incentive to fix stuff after people buy it. The sale has been made already and profit has been had, unless lots of people complain or return it, they will take a ticket on the issue but there isn’t a high incentive to resolve the issue.

Plus the store Qa appears aware of flaws in certain products but the store continues to release products with the same issue again. This tells me they seem not to mind selling products with bugs from time to time.. 

That is the reason that make me return a product right away if has issues, the uppdate with the fix can arrive two weeks later or two years from now.

This product for some reason I have decided to fix my self in blender:1 fix the floor 2 fix the missing wall 3 seperate the walls from each other so it is possible to hide one wall for better camera placement.

Post edited by mats76 on
    edited March 2018

Greetings,

This has been fixed, and an update released.

Works fine!

Updated Bathroom

--  Morgan

WIP Bathroom Example Downrez.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094

Now maybe someone could fix this thread title? LOL :)