Selling 3d content on Daz Marketplace

Hi Everyone, my name is Shaun and i am a 3d artist generally using 3ds max/zbrush with marvelous designer. I recently have started using Daz3d and found that i can make really good characters to sell using Genesis base meshes in zbrush. Last night, i sat down and started looking at the content and had a look at alread bought content. I researched on forums and youtube etc but haven't found a straitght tutorial or post that tells me what is the basic process of selling content. I figured out that you can sell in many forms like Morphs for genesis 3,8 etc, props, clothes, materials etc etc. 

Here i have a few questions:

1. I have seen content in "PACKS" that includes a character, its morphs for specific genesis model, hair, clothes, props, materials etc. It also includes a full character. If you double click, it apears in Daz viewport. DO YOU CREATE THAT CHARACTER FROM SCRATCH or use genesis base model ??

2. Is this fine to use already bought morphs from other content creators, tweak the character according to your needs in zbrush, create a new character and sell it as a new Pack with morphs and newly created clothes/props etc?

3. Can i use the same UVmap Genesis character and make a new texture in, for example, Substance painter ?

4. From where should i start ? If i already have designed a character in Zbrush with textures and clothing, how to convert that character to Daz3d character and sell ?

5. Can i sell same model with daz3d rig skeleton as 3ds max model on turbosquid as well ??

I am a complete newbie to daz and really want to start selling models on daz marketplace. Please help me clearing the confusion. I will be really thankful.

Thanks

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2018

Really you should have a look at the guidelines that are listed here  https://www.daz3d.com/community/community-publishing

trying to answer your questions anyway

1)  you start with the base Genesis model of whichever generation of Genesis you are working on or one ov the Daz Characters that have based on that genesis figure, ie V8 on Gensis 8

2)  You cannot use morphs etc that have been created by someone else, your work needs to be completely your own work
    Editing to add :-   You would have to reverse deform out any morphs created by Daz or others. You can base things on other peoples things but it cant be part of your pack, only referenced and it must require the original. In other words the purchaser would also have to purchase the pack you used for the morphs etc to work.

3)  Yes you can use the same UV  map,  but then you may also remap using UVSwitching within DS as well (if needed)

4)  This I can't give an answer to, not being a character creator. I would suggest that you contact the publishing department as they should be able to help with that...

5)  AFAIK   this is not allowed, but if I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • shaundazshaundaz Posts: 0

Thank you so much. I will go through the link now... looks very helpful. Also thanks for your explanation and answers.. really helpful.

• nmdealnmdeal Posts: 0

cool