Batch posing

luciocolisanluciocolisan Posts: 10
edited March 2018 in New Users

Hello ! Do you know if there is a Daz add-on, or any possibility to auto apply on a few characters a batch of poses and DAZ to save automatically one duf for each character/pose ? Something like batch render, but for poses, where you choose a number of saved characters C (duf), number of poses P (duf, from presets) and the program will save a duf for each character inserted with each pose (PxC). 

Thank you !!!

Post edited by luciocolisan on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

Not to my knowledge. At least, I haven't heard of any such tool.

• That would be fairly simple to script, I think - just need two folder selections, either by typing them into the script or via file dialogue, then iterate over them loading each character and applying each pose, then saving. However, it sounds rather inefficient compared to loading the desired character and aplying the pose - what are you wanting to do with these scenes once you have them?

• Thank you for answers, I hoped there was a tool already made, that I missed, but, I am happy that it is possible and simple to make one.  I use daz rendered images for illustrations; characters are rendered, and after, images are processed in adobe photoshop. It is be better for me, to choose the best image of a character (set of characters), from a collection of high quality (rendered) images. This tool can help me, to quickly prepare a variation of poses of a character (running variations, for example) and batch render them, over the night.  Now, I am doing this in usual way, as you described, previewing the result and save few of them for render. I will try to write the script and will see how goes.  

• Hi,

What i want to do is  to apply multiple poses on a few characters and save the result file to one specified folder. 
    For example: I have figure 1 from folder A and i want to apply poses 1,2,3,4 and 5 from folder B and save the figures in folder C with specify file name character1.pose1. 
    Please let me know if anyone can help me via GUI or scripting.

I have write several lines of code but not working!

Thank you in advance!

• Have you decided to use Poser, or is this a misplaced duplicate of https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/237966/batch-posing#latest ?

• Yes, is same post of  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/237966/batch-posing#latest

I did not decide to use Poser, i would like to do it using DAZ but for now i do not find the scripting solutions for that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

merged threads

• Hello friends !

Unfortunately we did not found a solution for our script, until now . My friend, who helps me, and writes scripts told me that it is more complicated than he expected and that someone who has already experience in scripting for DAZ, could make a script much faster than him. So I have returned in the point where I was 10 days ago and I am asking for your help.

If you have experience in scripting and some time to write the scripts this days, please write me. We want to have this automations done and we prepared a budget for this. Beside posing automation we need another two scripts, which I described down this page:

1. Apply multiple poses (from presets / pose) on a few characters and save the result file to a specified folder. For example: I have figure 1 from folder A and we want to apply poses 1,2,3,4 and 5 from folder B and save the figures in folder C with specify file name character1.pose1.duf

2. Apply render settings (from presets / render) on a batch of characters and save the result file to a specified folder. For example: I have figure 1,2,3 from folder A and we want to apply render settings 1 from folder B and save the figures in folder C with specify file name character1.render1.duf

3.Open character1.duf from a folder with many files, Rotate Y 180 degrees and save character1back.duf. (like back mirror) Apply this to all files from the folder.  

For those who are interested, please send me the cost and time needed for scripting.

Regards,

Lucian

• netdadanetdada Posts: 0

Hi Lucian, did you have any luck on the below? Were you able to get the automation scripts for the below?

If you have experience in scripting and some time to write the scripts this days, please write me. We want to have this automations done and we prepared a budget for this. Beside posing automation we need another two scripts, which I described down this page:

1. Apply multiple poses (from presets / pose) on a few characters and save the result file to a specified folder. For example: I have figure 1 from folder A and we want to apply poses 1,2,3,4 and 5 from folder B and save the figures in folder C with specify file name character1.pose1.duf

2. Apply render settings (from presets / render) on a batch of characters and save the result file to a specified folder. For example: I have figure 1,2,3 from folder A and we want to apply render settings 1 from folder B and save the figures in folder C with specify file name character1.render1.duf

3.Open character1.duf from a folder with many files, Rotate Y 180 degrees and save character1back.duf. (like back mirror) Apply this to all files from the folder.  

For those who are interested, please send me the cost and time needed for scripting.

Regards,

Lucian

• Hello! Sorry for the late reply I did not check the forum for a long time. Thank you for writing back, I would have liked to see your message earlier. I started working on them in June, with a friend who has programming knowledge and we succeeded in making the point 3, and we are working at point 1. We also solved the second point with the batch render plugin from the DAZ store.