The approach to "East Gate". Your Cyberpunk future awaits....

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited June 2013 in Carrara Discussion

This huge set is finally coming together.

Here are two shots on the approach to East Gate (the walls to the new city).

We are in a level 4 district. Atm its still a WIP as it's too clean. Add in some grungy Cyperpunks, a few burnt out cars etc and you get the idea.

GH_Composite_4_Large.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
GH_Composite_5c_Large.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Very nice work! I'm trying a similar project myself, but yours is far better than mine. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    Very nice work! I'm trying a similar project myself, but yours is far better than mine. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Thanks Jerriecan - I'd be interested in seeing your work. I'm a big Cyberpunk Fan. re: my work I share the journey on the Carrara msg boards and put tutorials (of what I've learned so far) on youtube. (user/scififunk).

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited December 1969

wow it has lots of atmosphere, the awnings are a touch of genius :)
    are you modelling this all ?
    PS the vegetation needs more weeds :) (wink)

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

It looks like Stonemason‘s "Urban sprawl 2".

edited December 1969

Hello again Head wax and argus1000,

A lot of the models are edits from various Stonemason sets. Also there is work from coflek-gnorg, plus a number of bits and pieces from various models.

I've also modeled a few things myself. :)

What I am doing is modeling, editing, arranging, and lighting them to fit a place that exists in real life.

This place is in London (Gants Hill), and I've cut it in half to mark the start of the "New City" (East Gate)

I've got to grunge it up a bit more now and fix a few things. I'll post more when it's ready.

• waxfin_c9ea3eab69waxfin_c9ea3eab69 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

thanks Sci Fi and Argus
    . Canabalisation plus your own assets is a good way to go! Better than reinventing the trapezoid :)

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited June 2013

Of course, headwax. We are all sets cannibals. I personally do it all the time. Scififunk does it with rare gusto. Good sets cannibals eat and digest original sets, and regurgitate them with their personal idiosyncrasies; however, sets "canabals" torture them before eating and regurgitating them. That's not good. Sets have rights too, after all.

Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited December 1969

argus1000 said:
    Of course, headwax. We are all sets cannibals. I personally do it all the time. Scififunk does it with rare gusto. Good sets cannibals eat and digest original sets, and regurgitate them with their personal idiosyncrasies; however, sets "canabals" torture them before eating and regurgitating them. That's not good. Sets have human rights too, after all.

ha ha - I hearby confirm no sets were harmed during the making of my film.

(i.e. I tried to keep everything with the original design flavour where possible).

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

jerriecan said:

Thanks Jerriecan - I'd be interested in seeing your work. I'm a big Cyberpunk Fan. re: my work I share the journey on the Carrara msg boards and put tutorials (of what I've learned so far) on youtube. (user/scififunk).

I'll have to check out your tutorials, even though I'm not a Carrera user. (Maybe someday...) As for my stuff, here's the link. Hope you like it. :)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23598/

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,193
    edited December 1969

This huge set is finally coming together.

Here are two shots on the approach to East Gate (the walls to the new city).

We are in a level 4 district. Atm its still a WIP as it's too clean. Add in some grungy Cyperpunks, a few burnt out cars etc and you get the idea.

Looking good. I'm a cyberpunk fan also, and also working on a dystopian future scene, and also using Stonemason (and Ant Fram) items, and also ... OK never mind.
    Gibson's "Neuromancer" is way up on my faves list, " ... the first novel to win the holy trinity of science fiction: the Hugo Award, the Nebula Award and the Philip K. Dick Award."