Ballerina Assembly Kit- How Do You Separate The Bows/Buckles

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
edited June 2013 in New Users

When using this kit, how do you get the bows to separate and load onto each shoe? I can't get them to parent (click and change parent of bows to the shoes) and they dont have XYZ translations options in parameters separately- they stay together. When you click on each bow, the XYZ disappears so it's impossible to get the bow over to the shoe independently. I dont need to bend and twist a bow in outer space- I need to get it to the shoe. The Point At (the shoe) does not work when each bow is selected. (They are under toes for bows in Scene)
http://www.daz3d.com/ballerina-assembly-kit

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do not have this set but most items like this have Auto Parent. You have the Shoe Selected in the Scene tab when you load the Bow or buckle with a double click. Have you tried that method?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited June 2013

I took both bows out and starting from scratch. I want the bow on the left shoe, it is selected in scene.

Photo 1: with ONLY the left SHOE (correction) selected, the darned right bow loaded too.

Wow, I have an ADMINISTRATOR helping me....I'm SO thrilled! Congrats Jaderail :) (smilie)

ballerhelp2.jpg
    1510 x 655 - 89K
    ballerhelp1.jpg
    1463 x 835 - 149K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2013

Okay, so I'm clicking on just the left bow to see what happens. Previously, it had no XYZ in Parameters, and Bow would not select- it would always go to Toes.

Clicking on the bow this time- got the bow to select in BOWS in Scene (photo) and XYZ was there to translate the bow down. BUT ITS THE RIGHT FOOT THAT IS WORKING WITH THE BOW!

EDIT: Um, when I move the foot, the bow doesn't stay. I assume that's parenting?
    Hang on, I'm seeing what to do with the warped left one.

ballerhelp3.jpg
    1518 x 613 - 86K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,243
    edited December 1969

I don't have this product, but I've solved a similar problem by loading the shoes twice. On the first loaded shoes I turn off the visibility of all the the left shoe bones. On the second, I turn off the visibility of all the right shoe bones. You might be able to do something like that to control the left and right separately.

edited December 1969

Moving BOW in Scene will move the RIGHT bow up and down.
    When the messed up left bow is selected the bend, twist, side-side and scale do nothing in Parameters. The left bow is "left toes" under Large Bow.

ballerhelp4.jpg
    1277 x 700 - 86K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Novica Please place a Support ticket. the Product should not need any fixes to work properly.

And Thank You. Was promoted a day or so ago.

edited December 1969

With the toes (left bow) selected, I checked the Point To and it was the left shoe. Changing it to V4 did nothing.

So nothing in Parameters works. Neither bow stays with the shoe/foot when moved. That's the least of the problems, lol.

I certainly hope everyone else had smoother sailing with this product. I've got to be doing something wrong, but I"m not really a newbie with wardrobe and how to fiddle with the basics. (To answer your question Jaderail, yes, the shoe was selected when I loaded the bow. It's an accessory and wouldn't load by itself anyway, if a newbie forgot. But thanks for the input!)

Hope there's a fast fix for this dilemma- and again, it MUST be something I'm not doing.

edited December 1969

Okay Jaderail :) We were posting at the same time.
    Barbult- I will try it and post what happens. But will do a support ticket too.