March Madness is here! Buyer Bonus: Justus for Darius 8 and A Gentleman's Expressions

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2018
    NorthOf45 said:

<snip>

---

oh wait. Where was I?
    Oh yeah- there's no movement on the wet floor sign or the step ladder. Interestingly enough the wet floor, yellow sign, comes in its closed position and you'd have to bring in a second prop and connect them together to actually make it look like the sign is in use.

All righty, thanks for the info. I'll pass then. tersyes

Actually, all the props are disappointing. The zeroed versions all come in in the same relative positions as in the scene. Six canisters on this shelf, one down there. Five scattered screwdrivers in a fixed layout. Three sets of detergent bottles on three different levels. Single pieces can be manipulated, but groups of items come in as a single prop, so you can't split them up. Nothing is rigged (hello, lockers) or morphs in any way.

I just put in a ticket to return it. Even if it only cost me $2.02, it's taking up disk space (and by the end of March, those two bucks may actually come in useful for something else).

Post edited by Nath on
  • NorthOf45 said:

<snip>

---

oh wait. Where was I?
    Oh yeah- there's no movement on the wet floor sign or the step ladder. Interestingly enough the wet floor, yellow sign, comes in its closed position and you'd have to bring in a second prop and connect them together to actually make it look like the sign is in use.

Actually, all the props are disappointing. The zeroed versions all come in in the same relative positions as in the scene. Six canisters on this shelf, one down there. Five scattered screwdrivers in a fixed layout. Three sets of detergent bottles on three different levels. Single pieces can be manipulated, but groups of items come in as a single prop, so you can't split them up. Nothing is rigged (hello, lockers) or morphs in any way.

Really, not even the lockers are rigged?? But one of the promos shows the door open? Or is the locker door a seperate piece that would need to be rotated?

This is wild. I'd expect that in a freebie, but not something you'd pay for.

Actually if you look closely at all the promos the same locker has the same door open the same amount. So maybe that is the way the geometry is without rigging or morphs.

• NorthOf45 said:

<snip>

---

oh wait. Where was I?

Really, not even the lockers are rigged?? But one of the promos shows the door open? Or is the locker door a seperate piece that would need to be rotated?

Actually if you look closely at all the promos the same locker has the same door open the same amount. So maybe that is the way the geometry is without rigging or morphs.

Dang, you're right. That seems really odd. I wonder if that vendor's other products are like this.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,259
    NorthOf45 said:

<snip>

---

oh wait. Where was I?

One solid lump of industrial green metal. It all looks good, though.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

And what do I want this madness:
    * A new cat
    * A new dog
    * Lotsa creative stuff for the men, especially sci fi and steampunk things
    * Cool aliens (I think I know one in the pipe...)
    * An android character for M8
    * Something fancy and well done from Stonemanson. (That I actually think will happen)
    * Some Asian Gen8's

• xyer0 said:

Shangrila was previously released at Renderosity for G3F only. Mousso says only reissues will include both generations.

Got Shangrila in August for G3/G8 from Renderosity

• galattgalatt Posts: 219
    What do I want for March Madness? Hair, and lots of them for cheap. I have over 800 characters to make and I need some variety in their appearance.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    Hera said:

* A new cat
    * A new dog

* Lotsa creative stuff for the men, especially sci fi and steampunk things
    * Cool aliens (I think I know one in the pipe...)
    * An android character for M8
    * Something fancy and well done from Stonemanson. (That I actually think will happen)
    * Some Asian Gen8's

...yes!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

There is a new cat and dog.  Just not here

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I believe last year the Maintenance Room would have been a freebie, but inflation....

Or maybe there will also be buyer bonus freebies this year and that was just valued too highly (?).

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439
    edited February 2018

Does the Maintenance Room count as a new release for the gift card sale?

Edit: Yes, it does.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

There is a new cat and dog.  Just not here

...I know, and they look too "stylised".

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    Hera said:

* Some Asian Gen8's

your word in daz' ears. 20 million chicks.. and still no Lee 8 :(

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I actually like almost everything in today's sale but 50% off just seams kinda meh since I really don't NEED anything. Everything wishlisted for now. I have a feeling I might cave on the swimsuit although I probably already have something similar I haven't used yet...

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

I actually like almost everything in today's sale but 50% off just seams kinda meh since I really don't NEED anything. Everything wishlisted for now. I have a feeling I might cave on the swimsuit although I probably already have something similar I haven't used yet...

I KNOW I have a similar set somewhere for Gen 2 or 3 that I've used once or twice :-)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,708
    edited February 2018

There's no escape from the Maintenance Room or the DL Modern Bathroom. Your character cannot walk out or in.

I stand corrected. Sort of.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • xyer0 said:

There's no escape from the Maintenance Room or the DL Modern Bathroom. Your character cannot walk out or in.

Oh man, really? DL was on my good list because they always have door props shown. Do those not open (and if they don't open, is there at least an appropriate hole in the wall so they can be replaced by a door and frame from a construction set)?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,259

There's a door on the Maintenance Room. It's not rigged, but happens to have the Y-axis on the correct edge so you can rotate it to open.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

nothing special with MM

so pls stop the hype train

my wallet will thank you

but i would love to stand corrected

• Ehhhh... I'm kinda glad I spent as much as I did on the Maintenance Room. Any higher, and then I'd get the feeling I was ripped off (like I was with Tesla3dcorp's laundry room from a couple years back). 

Today is kinda interesting: finally, an indigenous character from the Great White North (have to support non-caucasian/Anglo-Saxon characters), a neat-looking bedroom, more brushes from Ron (although now that Kyle T. Webster's brushes are free for us CC subscribers, Ron's have admittedly been looking less appealing to me), and... cat props. Huh. Wonder if they're to-scale with The Other Cat. 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

How long do things stay on sale?  There is an item that went up today that I want, but can't buy until Thursday.

• Gas bill, water bill, electic bill, car tax. All landed on top of MM for me. Plus too busy to even learn, let alone render. Going to have to be really special to tempt me to be stupid(er).

There’re some entertaining scale issues in the maintanance room promos. The mop bucket is truly gigantic, and the screw drivers and bog rolls look designed for the appendages and recesses of different species.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited February 2018
    tkdrobert said:

How long do things stay on sale?  There is an item that went up today that I want, but can't buy until Thursday.

For March Madness, you usually have 1 day at "Newly Mad" and 2 days at "still mad"  So Thursday should be okay.

But if not, throw it on the wish list and wait for the mid-month catchup sale, or if not, it will no longer be new after 60 days and can be affected by sales.  And if you're patient, there will be a sale. :)

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    tkdrobert said:

For March Madness, you usually have 1 day at "Newly Mad" and 2 days at "still mad"  So Thursday should be okay.

But if not, throw it on the wish list and wait for the mid-month catchup sale, or if not, it will no longer be new after 60 days and can be affected by sales.  And if you're patient, there will be a sale. :)

The 2 items I want are actually old.  They are part of the artist sale.  Both are 40% off right now.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

The 2 items I want are actually old.  They are part of the artist sale.  Both are 40% off right now.

... in that case... maybe.  Artist sales *usually* stick around for the same days as the accompanying New items, but that's less guaranteed.  On the other hand, many artists cycle through the sale multiple times.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    edited February 2018

And there is a glitch today with the artist sales, so those discounts--unless the PA is intentionally part of the featured artists block--may be gone any minute.

Post edited by Ati on

I went ahead and got them.  It won't hurt me, not really.  I just can't buy any more in March, except 1 thing I want from VanishingPoint.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

MarchMadness dscount not working as usual.

Chose 4+ items and are only getting 40% should be 90%

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    Mouser said:

I'm not aware of any sale that would currently give you 90% off. What are you referring to?

Ati said:
    Mouser said:

I'm not aware of any sale that would currently give you 90% off. What are you referring to?

That weekend sale for old M4/V4 stuff was doing that, but not March Madness.