Medieval Castle is Pink and then some

I've never had this happen before but when I load in the Medieval Castle, which I recently purchased, the textures appear mostly pink with some yellow and green and blue neon colors as I hover around and click on pieces. When I try a spot render, the textures look correct but in the normal texture shaded view of my viewport it's like Barbie's dream castle or something.

I realize it's a very big set but I've had big scenes before on my PC. When I look at the scene pane, I see it is made up of hundreds of instances. It takes no time at all to load but it takes forever to delete it out of my scene -- (Not Responding).

This is a real shame as it looks like an awesome scene.

I tried loading it in as individual props but as soon as I load in a the second item, colors start going crazy again.

Any thoughts out there?

pink-castle.jpg
961 x 989 - 217K

Comments

• Several people seem to be having issues like this, I know Daz is aware of them.

• One wonders if there's a way to set a second castle down next to it that is bright blue, so one now has a his and hers castle complex.

Ducks.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I've noticed that since one of the latest updates (not sure which one) any surface that has a shader and not a texture applied, looks like that in the viewport. As you stated, then looks correct when rendered.

I thought it was a feature added to make it easier/quicker to see what is using a shader and what is using a texture.

• I've been getting this on some OOT hairs, and on Terradome 3. Irritating, but not an issue to compare with the jumping-around-viewport problem. Doesn't seem to affect final renders.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    TenTen71 said:
    Any thoughts out there?

Uhm... "This product is designed for use only with the Iray render engine." So You use the Iray viewport option, right? 'cause for me, when I use the normal texture shade view in the viewport, nearly all Iray shadered models look like that castly. Probably when only a shader without any further texture is applied...