M5 UV doesn't fit on Genesis

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,692
edited June 2013 in New Users

Odd problem I didn't encounter before.
Which is strange because I use this char a lot so maybe I messed up my settings?
When I apply Mykhail on Genesis: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ea-mykhail-for-m4-and-genesis/92518/
and then select M5 UV map, it doesn't fit anymore.
Also the Mykhail skin doesn't fit but I used the Genesis base in the same way I always do...
Any idead to what is happening in my scene?

I have to add that it selects the M4 UV map and that fits on the screen but gives a blotchy result after render.

strange2.jpg
823 x 869 - 69K
Post edited by Sylvan on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Reading the description of the product I would say you have to use M4 uvmapping.

The blotchyness could be coming from the render settings and/or the lighting. If you could let us know what your Advanced render settings are and what lights you are using prehaps we may be able to help.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It says on the Product Page, that it is for M4 and Genesis. I also mentions the M4 shape for Genesis, but it does not mention M5 at any point.

If it is trying to use the M4 UV map, that is most likely correct. The map would have very little to do with a blotchy render, it would expect it to have lines where the joins are.

Can you try again with the M4 mape, and show us what the problem is in the render?

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,692
    edited December 1969

Aaaah, that makes sence!
    I'll try it with your suggestions and if that won't work I'll post my advanced setting :)