ways to achieve special effects and movie like effects? flash/spark etc.

Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
edited December 1969 in New Users

i have been animating up a storm lately, and the one thing i cant get my mind over is the effects i need. what i mean is, what is an epic fight scene between feral ogres if there is no blood effects? or how how does it look when M5 falls in water, and makes no splash?

now i do understand that daz is more of a concentrated program, and perhaps in the future there will be built in features like this, and i will be honest here...i cant afford 3DSMAX or scaleform or the other high end master crafters tools...as a short example, i made this first person fight scene animation below my paragraph with keyframing, and posted it, but as you can see, it is very simple. i can add environments and more actors and such...but no sparks or blood, and this is my quandry. and so how i can i get these effects? any help would be appreciated.---thank you for your time, and sorry if i seem to ramble

the animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLtpr53awxo

Comments

• The DigiVaultThe DigiVault Posts: 448
    edited December 1969

Hi noved123

I LOVE the animation you did! Epic!

Blood and sparks are rarely done inside the 3D packages. They are added in afterwards in post using something like Adobe After Effects. After effects is expensive to buy but you can now rent it from Adobe by the month for about $25. So get youself a copy and then head on over to http://www.videocopilot.net/ This site is run by a guy named Andrew Krammer and he is an After Effects wizard. There are loads of very easy to follow tutorials on doing exatly what your looking for and also a stock footage DVD that contains everything from bloods splatters to sparks to explosions to bullit hits. Its cost about $99 I think. Its called Action Essentials 2. Armed with After Effects, the stock footage and an hour or two looking at the tutorials you'll be able to very quickly add all the effects you're looking for.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I seem to recall reading an article that Adobe is going to be officially ditching the "buy the software" model this year and will be moving to rental only with different licenses for student, commercial, and non-commercial users.

I guess it's to combat people like me who buy a copy of software and then continue to use it for years until either it's no longer compatible with my operating system or they come out with a new feature that's so fantastically wow I feel it's worth it to upgrade.

I hardly do any 2D illustration work on my computer now a days anyway. I prefer to draw on my android tablet with Sketchbook Pro.