non-conforming clothing

sinfanysinfany Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I applied one of the V5 Base poses to V5 and the dress didn't conform. I tried the "fit to Genesis" and there is still the poke through. Is this supposed to happen? What can I do to fix this problem.

Much appreciated

Screen_Shot_2013-06-05_at_3.04_.15_PM_.png
351 x 661 - 183K
Screen_Shot_2013-06-05_at_3.06_.31_PM_.png
404 x 609 - 193K

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Looks like it's conforming but you need to pose the skirt handles. They are found under the pelvis usually in your scene tab. If there aren't skirt handles, look for morphs.

• sinfanysinfany Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

I didn't see any skirt handles. Where do I find the morphs?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I didn't see any skirt handles. Where do I find the morphs?

Look at the parameters tab. If that's Priestess for Genesis Females it looks like it has 13 movement morphs (according to the product page).

edited December 1969

Ok, tried that and it worked.
    Whew!!!
    Thanks
    :-)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It's something to keep in mind with pretty much every long skirt, no matter which character it's designed for. You're trying to get a one-piece skirt to move the same way as two separate legs with a hip between them — body parts on the clothes pick up their movements from exactly the same body parts of the figure underneath, and this mismatch in parts just doesn't work. "Ghost" body handles and built-in morphs are really the only way to get around this situation, and usually it needs a lot of fiddling with dial settings to get something that looks right. Short skirts are different in that they're usually easier to pose properly, but they do use the same workarounds as a longer skirt.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited June 2013

I often have problems like this. I wanted to find a way to solve it for animations where the figure is moving. Would I need to adjust the clothing at different points during the animation or is there a way to making the clothing conform to the figure as it's animated? When I first started using DAZ I just assumed that clothing for Genesis models would fit whatever the situation and follow the figure but this doesn't seem to be the case. I also have this problem with dynamic clothing. It's very frustrating.

Post edited by Superdog on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

For this you Animate the clothing as well. I do this, I turn off the figures legs and keep the dresses floor length, I then key frame the dress to match a walking movement that matched the legs I turn off for the final reanders.

Dynamic is Made to be Animated with the Dynamic tool. It works well for me.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

It does seem like a bit of work, doesn't it? I ended up repositioning the legs - they're invisible anyway, and for a simple render it's enough.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sort of the reason most animations just use ladies in pants. No extra work.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Wait'll you try putting someone in a skirt onto horseback.

Never again.