Does Hair Morphs In Parameters Always Have The Figures You've Used?

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
edited June 2013 in New Users

Well, I wish I'd paid more attention to when I've been adding hair to figures, because I'm doing the video on that and want to be sure I have the info straight. Also to state it properly- Here's the questions-

I have a plain Genesis, I showed selecting Genesis, going Parameters, selecting Actor, how to be specific and use head under Actor, and the different options available depending on what figure you have purchased. I showed the morphs- let's say I used figures Amy, Keira, Freak 4 for the head.

Now, how do I say this- this is still on a blank Genesis, no (which one?) "skin texture or skin map loaded" That word map is giving me fits. I know texture is what you do to the surface, is the map what I should say is loaded when you actually go into content and click to load the skin? Have to be correct-

Second- when I went into the hair, it had Amy, Keira, and Freak 4 adjustments. Does the hair always have the figures you have used to do morphs for the hair? I'm having a DUH moment. And you know me, not afraid to ask.

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited June 2013

Um, okay, freaky. I went into Content Library>Genesis>Characters, clicked on Aiko 5, decided to remove it, so went to edit/undo and removed preset Aiko 5- and the skin (map?) stayed. So....more questions.

When you undo a person (map?) that you applied, shouldn't the viewport scene resort back to the gray Genesis? If not, how do I get this skin off it again?

Second Aiko 5 is not in the Content Library under Characters (the list) but does show up below with photos of all the characters. See photo.

aikowhy.jpg
    670 x 698 - 73K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Map = texture map

As for Hair I am not too sure to be honest. I haven't done much hair rendering for just under a year now. But I always thought the morphs had to be biult in or use the Transfer Morph function in Daz Studio.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

Second- when I went into the hair, it had Amy, Keira, and Freak 4 adjustments. Does the hair always have the figures you have used to do morphs for the hair? I'm having a DUH moment. And you know me, not afraid to ask.

If the hair is actually fitted to Genesis then it should, yes. This is true of Genesis clothing, too. The model may have some morphs built in (so, for instance, when you dial up Victoria 5, the hair or clothing will load up the V5 morph for it that the product's creator made in order to insure a perfect fit). If the morphs you are using weren't built in by the PA, then it will "auto-follow" them. This usually works well, but it's also the source of some of the issues you see with hair following a character's eyelashes or elf ears and getting screwed up as a result (for those who may not have seen it, my hair tutorial addresses this issue...see the link in my sig). It's also why clothing can sometimes look unnaturally clingy on a female character's breasts.

I have a feeling that the full answer to your question is more complicated than that, but I'd have to do some experimentation before attempting to go into more detail.

edited June 2013

Thanks guys. Now about removing that skin texture map? If someone loads a figure (say Aiko 5) and they want to remove it, how do they? Do you just click on the next one and it overrides/eliminates the first one? I wanted to go back to a blank (so to speak) Genesis and that darned skin refuses to come off. Undoing got rid of Aiko's features, but her skin refuses to go!

EDIT: WHY these issues come up when I'm doing a very simple video is starting to get humorous. I can count on something happening every time.

Post edited by Novica on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes loading another preset will overwirte the previous. As for getting it back to the default isn't so easy as there doesn't seem to be a preset for that but what I did was to load a new freah Genesis and saved a Material Preset so I use that to return the figure to its default material state.

edited June 2013

Thanks Pete. :) EDIT: Those darned smilies!!!! C'mon web team, get on it, it's been DAYS!!!!

Post edited by Novica on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

On the Surfaces Tab, selecting 'all' of Genesis ... PURPLE!!! [so tired of that grey colour]