Separating Characters

pauljacob11pauljacob11 Posts: 203
edited December 1969 in New Users

When I add a second character to a scene, it sticks to the figure already there. If they're the same size they become one. Is there an easy way to separate them. Also how to put one character in front of the other quickly without having to use the translation tool? Being a long-time PS user, I miss the "bring to front", "send to back" tool :)

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2013

There are several methods, but the most straightforward (in my opinion) is simply to move one of the figures out of the way. Select the figure you wish to move, then go to the Parameters pane, and adjust X Translation and/or Z Translation. The values are in centimeters.

The reason why this is happening is that (usually) things load in world center (coordinates 0, 0, 0)...technically they aren't sticking to each other; they're just occupying the same space.

The first video in this thread shows how to move figures (slightly different method than what I described above, but with the same result): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22094/
    The other videos may be of interest, also.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • pauljacob11pauljacob11 Posts: 203
    edited December 1969

Thank you Lord of Tornalia, appreciate the help.